fns

Yey another short Camp!

53 posts in this topic

Since we are in intermission is rant time! Come, look and rant here to find joy and happiness till 145 starts!

For me again a T0 campaign is a big no. Hopefully 145 will be a decent one again and will get to T2 at least. It`s so boring to having to spawn a rifle. I want my Fg44 and bars again god dammit.

HEY CRS LET'S START THE NEXT CAMPAIGN AT TIER 1.

Dare to be different.  Call it a "what if" Campaign, as in; "what if Germany delayed the invasion of France until 1941?"

YES this is unfair to the Axis, so let them have a starting supply advantage.

Considering how so much of this game is apparently held together with duct tape and bailing wire I'm sure this is technically impossible, but it would still be FUN.  Also Steam players would finally get a taste of real later-tier gameplay. 

3 people like this

Start in tier 5, and to make it up to axis, give them the Maus and load the HE-111 with Corn bombs.

1 person likes this

3 short campaigns in a row after steam release is no coincidence. This is WW2ol with numerous AOs and the numbers to attrit with speed, the map moves quickly and it isn't big enough to allow such a campaign to endure. I must say, though, a dynamic map is an exciting map. CRS, variety is the spice of life, if you want your potential new subscribers to experience what variety the game has to offer, you'd better do something. Personally I think Shermans appeal more than Somuas. Could reduce AOs, start in a later tier if possible, or have tiers last only a couple days. I'd recommend starting in the later tier or reducing their length, the fast moving map does make the game more lively, and lives up to the original 'Blitzkrieg' title.

Edited by biggles4

2 hours ago, helvan said:

HEY CRS LET'S START THE NEXT CAMPAIGN AT TIER 1.

/signed

2 people like this

Not sure if it could be done...

Brits and Germans vs France and US scenario. Just to mix things up...

How about we start with everything..............we have done it before.

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, bmw said:

How about we start with everything..............we have done it before.

I'm game.  Can't wait to start up those Tier-3 bombers!!!

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Start in tier 5, and to make it up to axis, give them the Maus and load the HE-111 with Corn bombs.

Make it up to the AXIS? Did I hear you right? Axis have been winning 2 of 3 camps. So whats to make up?

You need to talk to your boys and have them not do a softcap win all the time. That will make it more interesting. An actual fight to win.

It wasn't one map move bmw.  It was the lack of defensive map moves over a period of many hours that lead to the unopposed breakout.

The exact same thing that cost the allies so many times.  The unwillingness to recognize the breakout and all that comes with one.  Superior attack morale - offensive players playing longer, smarter - squads thinking ahead to FB's and next spear targets, etc.   Defensively it is so easy to look at map and say "aahhh we will just cut them."  In actuality once a breakout has started it very very rarely succeeds.  Doesn't meant we won't try but at the same time pulling a division from the line to blunt the breakout would prevent the loss of the map.

Let's see which side learns this lesson first.........

Nicely played dfadd and crew- I wasn't on this weekend but watched the webmap.

S!

2 people like this

It's not a one map move but its a short spawn move. At X it was 50/50. At X + 8hs we had breakthrough and delivered a killing blow. Then it was just wrapping it up. It was 8hs/10hs. Like you go to sleep, wake up log to play and its done! WTF!

All because some players at HC are not on or made a few bad moves? Realy?  This is easily solved by having one factory city impossible to capture and putting a min % of cities needed to cap. Like 3 factories and 70% of the cities needed to win and leaving always 1 so that at least loosing team has some equipment available. This will prolong the campaign till T3 for sure.

I logged on late Sunday and saw that all the axis factory towns except Frankfurt were captured. Axis was trying to make a cut but it's so easy to snake and contain things now. I doubt a TZ3 cutoff would go over well anyway.

While HC was playing with flags and learning lessons 9 out of 12 of the Steam reviews for October 22nd were negative. At this point it would be better to just make another server and let the people that like HC and flags decide battles with dice rolls, and let everyone else play the MMOFPS.

What you expect of HC seriously? They suppose to play strategy and tactical game whit blindfolds and left hand only. A long as supplies ninja-fly with flag-pins this will happens over and over again. We had almost perfect system that needed some polishing here and there but someone decided its to complicated for certain TZ (wont mention which one).

Give us back AB supplies and puffy pants and i promise we wont have Tier`s or lack of officers and soldats problem.

Edited by calter

5 hours ago, imded said:

Make it up to the AXIS? Did I hear you right? Axis have been winning 2 of 3 camps. So whats to make up?

You need to talk to your boys and have them not do a softcap win all the time. That will make it more interesting. An actual fight to win.

Which boys are we talking to?

6 hours ago, imded said:

Softcaps are inherently built into the TOEs system.  The way the game is built they are in fact encouraged.  Until such time as that is changed we are all stuck with them.  They are not a player problem.  They are a CRS game design problem.  No amount of gentlemen's agreements or band aids are going to change that.

32 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Which boys are we talking to?

The Lost Boys.

19 minutes ago, blakeh said:

Something has to change- the last 3 camps have not been very fun at all - even the last one which we on the allied side won.  I would rather lose a longer camp than win a very short one.

A few more of these and I may need to review my subscription.

Are we paying attention CRS?

Lets start next Campaign with no TOE's.

I promised myself 6 months ago or so i wouldn't login until they were removed.

Still waiting with an active sub:huh:

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, blakeh said:

Something has to change- the last 3 camps have not been very fun at all - even the last one which we on the allied side won.  I would rather lose a longer camp than win a very short one.

May have been short but i had lots of fun on both sides.
Gave some spankings in my STUG, learned i need to bring my own ammo truck, because HEAT runs out too fast dispatching french armor.
Went RDP bombing with a havoc and a db7
Pilot hit in head several times in H75, ummm yea scratch that, that part wasn't fun.
Towed a bunch of 88's to attacks dropping FM's and ammo boxes as i went.
Went beast mode in a Char B1 bis, you axis guys gotta use the HEAT more, the AP bounces off at range.
Took a noob multi crewing in a Char, he opens the hatch and spins the turret around to use the telescope, ok so that one didn't end well either.
Had a crazy battle of the overpass with a bunch of enemy infantry, gotta love towns split in half by elevated roads.
Built a crazy lego fortress FM.
Died tons of times.

24 minutes ago, blakeh said:

A few more of these and I may need to review my subscription.

blakeh

• Free Play Account

Eh? what are you reviewing it to exactly?

2 people like this

13 hours ago, david01 said:

While HC was playing with flags and learning lessons 9 out of 12 of the Steam reviews for October 22nd were negative. 

wake up. negative steam reviews have NOTHING TO DO WITH SOFTCAPS, HC, TOWN SUPPLY TOES TIERS NOTHING.  while we old timers have our heads up our butts debating the same old stuff the negative first time reviews are about: 

> some tech issues (screen resolution/size)
> difficulty of understanding UI,
> not being able to mouse move,
> dated graphics,
> buggy tutorials
>  needing a masters degree to understand game mechanics
>  undocumented rank/level/points mechanics,
> difficulty of keyboard/mouse flying,
> random crashes and non-starts,
> no visual cues to see enemy, dying to unknown stuff,
>  complaints about available kit vs subscription model
> no microtransactions/ability to 'buy' equipment or rank

basically: its too old, costs too much and  is a hard as hell to master pvp game compared to newer, easier games

2 people like this

5 hours ago, merlin51 said:

May have been short but i had lots of fun on both sides.
Gave some spankings in my STUG, learned i need to bring my own ammo truck, because HEAT runs out too fast dispatching french armor.
Went RDP bombing with a havoc and a db7
Pilot hit in head several times in H75, ummm yea scratch that, that part wasn't fun.
Towed a bunch of 88's to attacks dropping FM's and ammo boxes as i went.
Went beast mode in a Char B1 bis, you axis guys gotta use the HEAT more, the AP bounces off at range.
Took a noob multi crewing in a Char, he opens the hatch and spins the turret around to use the telescope, ok so that one didn't end well either.
Had a crazy battle of the overpass with a bunch of enemy infantry, gotta love towns split in half by elevated roads.
Built a crazy lego fortress FM.
Died tons of times.

blakeh

• Free Play Account

Eh? what are you reviewing it to exactly?

Even F2P are finding TOEs are not worth their time. 

27 minutes ago, sorella said:

wake up. negative steam reviews have NOTHING TO DO WITH SOFTCAPS, HC, TOWN SUPPLY TOES TIERS NOTHING.  while we old timers have our heads up our butts debating the same old stuff the negative first time reviews are about:

Those are problems but there are also noticeable trends. The very poor gameplay caused by extreme supply imbalances, few spawning options, tiny skirmishes over towns instead of big battles, and even more lulls in between the fighting increases negative reviews.

Which is why the negative reviews spiked on that one day:

nfhrgc.png

Which is why I can also go back in time, and tell which phase the campaign was in by looking at the negative reviews daily % and shift:

dcxont.png

It's also easy to see the start of campaigns and the big organized events (those cause the positive spikes). Players really do not enjoy the last day and ending phase of the map. Intermission periods are usually a bust it seems. It's unfortunate that the game didn't get on Steam earlier as you get a public verdict about whether people are enjoying the game. Much clearer than long AARs and guys waxing about sweeping map movements.

One thing to keep in mind about steam reviews, which unfortunately no one will.
No one will bother to look,,

There will be scathing reviews and the person has 0.20 hours game time.
So the didn't even give the game 15 minutes.

Maybe i dont know much about todays gamer, but when i was a young gamer, in 15 minutes i'd have still have been reading the game manuals
studying the key charts etc, there was no such thing as a game you would figure out in 15 minutes.

Reviews written with less than even 15 minutes in game are pretty much of 0 value

Any game review good or bad that i would write with not even 15 minutes of time spent, i would hope someone would simply flush down the toilet
and label me as a being devoid of intelligence.

The biggest complaint that i keep hearing personally about the game is
IT ISNT 100% FREE with free ways to get equipment by them simply playing XX amount of hours.
They dont really want microtransactions, that gets thrown out because in other games that offer that method, they simply play free and let other people buy stuff.
Many of them relate that they can't pay, they have no income.

Well that may be a shame, i remember mowing lawns and stuff, but i'm told parents dont allow that kind of stuff now days.
No idea if thats true or not, im not a parent, but that does not change the fact that the game is an MMO with a dedicated expensive network and server system
as well as a development team that has to eat or they die and thus ends the development.
So i do not find that a valid complaint, the grocery store doesnt offer me free food just because i want some, i pay or starve.
They can at least continue to play free, just with limits.
They get a bolt rifle, the most deadliest infantry weapon at range
They get an SMG, the most versatile CQB infantry weapon
They get a rotating bonus weapon, and they can use trucks and set FM's

Other financial complaints is you cant buy the game once and play for free like battlefield etc.
It doesnt help to explain the differences between the games or that the small servers are hosted not by the developers but by 3rd parties
who may run them today and choose not to tomorrow etc because they dont understand what your explaining.

Graphics are the next biggest thing i see.
The game doesnt have 4k graphics.
Well even with a new rendering engine, you will never never ever approach the shoebox games graphics.
You dont have the view distances, huge seamless terrain or the player controlled model counts, it just wont happen unless you instance every fight and scale it down
to like 30 to 50 players max on a fixed size battlefield even if i cheat and microscale it.

Other stuff such as being to hard to fly with a mouse, not being bothered to look at the keymapper to see the controls, the vehicles being to complex, the game not using arcade physics, the game requiring too much dependence on other players etc etc just are not really useful complaints.
They are somewhat invalid. Its like me complaining that i cant cast magic spells in Halo.
Thats not the kind of game Halo is regardless of how much you'd like it to have magic.

3 people like this