fns

Yey another short Camp!

53 posts in this topic

No doubt someone will point out that there is not a background soundtrack, perhaps Sabaton's Primo Victoria?

1 hour ago, gatorbmc said:

No doubt someone will point out that there is not a background soundtrack, perhaps Sabaton's Primo Victoria?

That i will say no one has complained about.

Ive had complaints there is no aiming assist
That enemy units are not marked with red tags
That there are no stim paks to heal with
That infantry need more body armor because they die too easy
That the air flight model sucks worst in the world because you cant fly well with a mouse
That you cant just exit your vehicle and run off and do something else or jump in another vehicle
That you cant jump
That scoring is too complicated
That you cant upgrade your vehicles or infantry with power ups.
That the controls are too complicated, too many buttons
That tanks die in only 1 hit
That units dont have hit indicators showing where the hit came from and who it came from
That you cant replace dead crew members
That enemies are not show on the map
That you cant just go attack and capture anytown on the map you feel like
That you need rank to use better units
That you have to subscribe to use better units
That the game costs money
That the game costs too much money
That the game costs recurring money
That the game is overall too hard too complicated, you cant just spawn in and have enemies right there to shoot
That the game is too big
That game units are limited by things like supply and attrition and you can not have your favorite unit 24/7 everywhere.
That you cant have custom skins.
That the game relies too heavily on teamwork and coordination and communication and has no rewards for solo play
That the game does not have 4k graphics or similar
That the game does not run well, or at all, on integrated graphics solutions.
That the game does not run well, or at all, on common retailer budget model laptops
That the game does not show you who just killed you with a kill cam

That is like the majority of the constant complains

2 minutes ago, odin67 said:

That the game has way too many old people. I'm surprised the Jitterbug Flip isn't used for voice comms.

Now that is just plain silly.
EVERYONE in the retirement home knows damned well the jitterbug is only good for point to point coms and only functions as a field phone
and is in no way a replacement for wideband comms, hence our use of 20 meter band radio.

Silly children, so much to learn

3 people like this

35 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

That you cant jump

I'm with them on this one.  I think it would be OK for infantry, as long as the jump height was realistic, and it had an appropriate effect on stamina.

3 minutes ago, talman said:

I'm with them on this one.  I think it would be OK for infantry, as long as the jump height was realistic, and it had an appropriate effect on stamina.

Come here.
Let me deck you out in full combat kit.

Now SAK Virginia SAK!

That wasn't fun was it? Nor impressive? And probably didn't feel to swell either.
Wtf? John Carter makes it look so easy.

Climb perhaps, i'd love to flop or roll over that log that is waist high.
If it wasn't for the clipping issues we'd probably still be able to climb, crude as it was.
Jump though?  Maybe if you're going to hold all my gear for me, otherwise i won't be doing much of that, and not impressively well either.

yes i do realize our soldiers cant actually use 90% of what they are dragging around.
They cant drink, or eat or change socks, some classes can't use grenades even though they actually carry them, or would be anyways
They cant pull out a rain poncho, or bivouac, but they carry it nonetheless. 

We won't discuss where the sandbags come from ;) 

'Vaulting' might be more useful rather than just jumping. This would eliminate the jump abuse in more arcade-like FPS games. Would also allow devs to still use stairs to prevent ei getting into spawn areas.

And you can totally vault over things while wearing full gear, even if it's mostly rolling over the top of it.

1 hour ago, talman said:

A jump feature would be useless. There's nothing for you to even jump over at a "realistic jump height." Maybe sand bags or the occasional sheep. A vault feature would be more useful, but then you have people vaulting out of second story windows to avoid the inevitable stairway battles. If anything we should get a LEAN feature, or be able to shoot from cover or something.

Edited by bmw2

1 hour ago, odin67 said:

That the game has way too many old people. I'm surprised the Jitterbug Flip isn't used for voice comms.

How do you know it's not?

People will stop fighting and jump over sheep xD. Most of those concerns are because people came from new games with new mechanics, some are easy mode some are valid i can thing of these:

2 hours ago, merlin51 said:

That you cant just exit your vehicle and run off and do something else or jump in another vehicle

This is a modern mechanic and nice one also cause in WWII soldiers would use abandoned equipment especially ATG. 

That you cant replace dead crew members

This one also is something realistic. If the gunner dies another crew man could operate the gun in time of need(w a penalty offcourse) Driver is hard to replace though.

That there are no stim paks to heal with

Bad but all soldiers carried morphine. That could be implemented to give you a few moments before you bleed out. Now you can continue to move and fight with the darker screen, your aim dont suffer....

1 hour ago, bmw2 said:

A jump feature would be useless. There's nothing for you to even jump over at a "realistic jump height." Maybe sand bags or the occasional sheep. A vault feature would be more useful, but then you have people vaulting out of second story windows to avoid the inevitable stairway battles. If anything we should get a LEAN feature, or be able to shoot from cover or something.

Nah i can fix that, remove fall buffer from infantry.
2nd floor fall now fatal, so is jumping out of the CP and jumping to the CP flag roof.

We did have lean, it got turned off, i think due to clipping issues?
Id love it back on!! If the clipping is fixed that is.

15 minutes ago, fns said:

This is a modern mechanic and nice one also cause in WWII soldiers would use abandoned equipment especially ATG. 

No it isnt, its a mechanic that has been around for AGES, GTA, BF42, Driver etc
It simply is not used here, if you spawn a tank, you are a tank, that is the way this game works by design.
This is an MMO not a shoebox game, the potential for "abandoned units" would be hideous.

30 minutes ago, fns said:

Bad but all soldiers carried morphine. That could be implemented to give you a few moments before you bleed out. Now you can continue to move and fight with the darker screen, your aim dont suffer....

All soldiers did not carry morphine.
Perhaps if you were airborne, but not your average grunt.
And you highly overestimate morphine.
You aren't moving and fighting if i jack you up full of morphine, it's not PCP or adrenaline, it doesn't make you functional, it makes you not hurt as much so you lay on the stretcher and relax. And it doesn't stop bleeding.

If i blow out your femoral artery and then give you a bunch of morphine the only result will be you won't care so much that you're bleeding out.
That is if i can get the morphine to get in your system before you bleed out.

18 minutes ago, fns said:

This one also is something realistic. If the gunner dies another crew man could operate the gun in time of need(w a penalty offcourse) Driver is hard to replace though.

Driver is a darned sight easier skill wise to replace than the gunner.
IRL a tank penetrated with a crew member reduced to people puree usually resulted in a remaining crew exodus from said compromised vehicle.
And in the game, it would be unfair to have to kill the same B1 bis 5 times, giving it 5 chances to shred through the rest of your spawn list.
The crew would not do this in real life but in game they most surely would.
It isnt terribly realistic

This isnt like another game where i can buy extra crew tokens and replace my gunner 4 times in a match.

36 minutes ago, fns said:

because people came from new games with new mechanics

Jumping isnt a new mechanic
None of this is new mechanics, most of this is older that the people complaining about it.
It simply has no place here

21 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Id love it back on!! If the clipping is fixed that is.

It's fixed but not entirely, most times it's fine. But yesterday I shot a Frenchy yesterday in Virton becasue his legs where clipped through a wall. 

I'm sure he was pissed. However, the lean feature is amazing and I'd love to have it back if it functioned properly.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, bmw2 said:

But yesterday I shot a Frenchy yesterday in Virton becasue his legs where clipped through a wall. 

Yes, i do hate when that happens.
Legs, a head, etc.
If you are predicted to move through the wall, you get dead.

never never run smack up into something if there is someone on the other side who could kill you, wall sandbag, whatever.
Always stop well back.

In 1.28 when it was in, it worked well for me, the only part i did not care for was the inertia dampening applied to it (meaning it was slow)

Maybe not a jump mechanic, but how about a "step over" mechanic?  I can't count the number of times I wanted to be able to step into or out of a room with a knee high window sill and tall (already broken out) window.

-Irish

19 hours ago, chaoswzkd said:

'Vaulting' might be more useful rather than just jumping. This would eliminate the jump abuse in more arcade-like FPS games. Would also allow devs to still use stairs to prevent ei getting into spawn areas.

And you can totally vault over things while wearing full gear, even if it's mostly rolling over the top of it.

This is what I should have said.  I'm a little frustrated with my inability to get over small railing and walls, not my inability to bounce around.

And another one. I switched over to Axis after one day and the 4 day map before allied, because it was over from day one and it was just too easy.  I don't know how many subs are really created these days, but the majority of noobs are still recruits. Maybe it all works out, but it might be a colossal fck up too. 

On 10/24/2017 at 10:37 PM, bmw2 said:

It's fixed but not entirely, most times it's fine. But yesterday I shot a Frenchy yesterday in Virton becasue his legs where clipped through a wall. 

I'm sure he was pissed. However, the lean feature is amazing and I'd love to have it back if it functioned properly.

"Amazing" as in when you would try to lean and your avatar would just refuse to do it, when you had to rotate on the spot 360 degrees and then it maybe would work? or when you would lean and then just as you were about to fire it would snap you back into normal default stance?

Would have been "Amazing" if it had just been made a toggle on+off....... that actually worked of course :)

On 10/24/2017 at 3:48 PM, bmw2 said:

Right. It's bad enough we can drop from a second story opening in a spawn building and keep on trucking, though we just fell from over 12 ft.

Try that IRL. 

Send pics from the hospital before and after surgery if you can hahaha

I'd still like to be able to take a larger than normal step to get over a frigging LOG.

One that's lying flat on the ground.

Or... the edge of a building that's shin height. Load me up with a pack, rifle and all gear and I'll still be able to step over something 12 inches off the ground. Not in this game though.

No to bunnyhopping, yes to being able to step over debris.

1 hour ago, kagetora said:

Would have been "Amazing" if it had just been made a toggle on+off

It did.

14 minutes ago, kagetora said:

Not

Yes, as does aiming, atg cruise control and a bunch of other stuff