malvoc

Tier 1

33 posts in this topic

Please start map in tier1 at least guys ffs I'm tired of tier0!!!!

3 people like this

@OHM I know this is in your power to start the map in a different tier.  Give the masses what they want!

Start C145 in T1!

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Capco said:

@OHM I know this is in your power to start the map in a different tier.  Give the masses what they want!

Start C145 in T1!

/signed

2 people like this

How about a compromise of starting off where the last map finished?

When I last checked rdp on Sunday morning it was above 50% towards tier 1.

So till Starting at Tier 0, which helps the new players, and the rest of us reach Tier 1 in a few days, instead of a week and a half.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, milo said:

So till Starting at Tier 0, which helps the new players, and the rest of us reach Tier 1 in a few days, instead of a week and a half.

That would be pretty cool as a standard policy, if they could keep track of it well.  

Start off every campaign where the last campaign was in RDP progression.  If a campaign ends in T3+, the next campaign starts in T0.  

I actually like this a lot!

How about we fix the issues that create threads like this.  Implement game design that gets rid of soft caps and prolongs campaigns.  Here we are asking for another band aid on a broken system.

2 people like this

Starting each campaign in the tier that was due to follow the one at the point the previous campaign ended. More variety.

Campaign ends tier 0, next starts tier 1. Campaign ends in tier 1, next starts tier 2. Etc etc.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, rotsechs said:

Starting each campaign in the tier that was due to follow the one at the point the previous campaign ended. More variety.

Campaign ends tier 0, next starts tier 1. Campaign ends in tier 1, next starts tier 2. Etc etc.

/signed

And if it ends in T3, next campaign back to T0.  Its not a 'realistic simulation' solution, yet it is a feasible way for folks to fight hard, fight smart, push the map, crush the enemy...and not offend everyone in the process.  Folks will know that there won't be a delay in receiving their precious toys in the next campaign.  

Edited by forrest

Dont ask me, i love T0 the best.
When it is fleshed out it will perhaps be the most interesting one for the french as from T1 forwards it by necessity becomes increasingly more dependent on lend-lease

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Dont ask me, i love T0 the best.
When it is fleshed out it will perhaps be the most interesting one for the french as from T1 forwards it by necessity becomes increasingly more dependent on lend-lease

Agreed.  I will defer to the masses that clamor for the top-tier stuff, however.  It seems really important to a number of folk.  And I respect that.  And so, I will trudge along in the same Tier-0 Bombers whilst having to face Tier-3 Fighters.  Talk about IMBALANCE. 

Edited by forrest
1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, forrest said:

Agreed.  I will defer to the masses that clamor for the top-tier stuff, however.  It seems really important to a number of folk.  And I respect that.  And so, I will trudge along in the same Tier-0 Bombers whilst having to face Tier-3 Fighters.  Talk about IMBALANCE. 

It's not about top tier stuff.  I happed to like tier 0.  However,  we should have the opportunity to progress through all the tiers by the time a campaign finishes more times than not.  That is just not the case with the current game design.

Just now, saronin said:

It's not about top tier stuff.  I happed to like tier 0.  However,  we should have the opportunity to progress through all the tiers by the time a campaign finishes more times than not.  That is just not the case with the current game design.

Valid point.

3 minutes ago, saronin said:

It's kind of like chess
You can get checkmate in as little as 2 moves, and sometimes it works out that way, but not always.

Camp 140 could have run all the way into 1945 end of war kit, if tier 5 was created.
I think we killed enough soldiers that camp to totally depopulate the earth of all male persons.

2 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

It's kind of like chess
You can get checkmate in as little as 2 moves, and sometimes it works out that way, but not always.

Camp 140 could have run all the way into 1945 end of war kit, if tier 5 was created.
I think we killed enough soldiers that camp to totally depopulate the earth of all male persons.

Aye.

Get back to AB supplies lists so that flags actually mean something so u wont see any camapaign end within at least 4 weeks, at least not before Tier3. Doing cut-off in old system had not more the 5-10% chance of success, now it's become almost rule of win.

The maps are lasting like a week at most....giving us no time to climb the tier latter. I like starting at tier 0 - I don't like when the maps ends so fast that we never get to move up in tiers. 

3 hours ago, milo said:

This is not a bad idea. 

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

It's kind of like chess

More often then not we should move through the entire tier system.  Short campaigns should be the exception.  They are becoming the rule.

2 minutes ago, saronin said:

More often then not we should move through the entire tier system.  Short campaigns should be the exception.  They are becoming the rule.

Exactly, it start to look like COD, small map, bang bang and it`s over...B(

The feeling of the changing  game play when axis get better tanks and allies adapting to that, and then axis adapting to another allied tier, etc.  Inf fights became more of firefights with better rifles and semi auto.

The feel of struggle as you look at the map and defend a town you won a week back, you know it, you know the corners, you died, you saw things blow up, now you see them again. You fought for a month and half, now you want it to end, now you want to win....all this is lost on a 4/5 day campaign. 

A start-in-the-next-tier change would run the risk of losing the game's historical flavor. CRS competes with the big guys in a couple of highly specific ways, and one is history.

Also, for a campaign that started in T3, any armor still on the battlefield when T0 began would be god-like...and players arriving at the game at that point and wanting to play armor would be in a hopeless situation. 

The Tier progression must go upward, and never wrap around.

One fix for the concern would be for a campaign that began in T3 to stay there. 

A better solution though would be to determine by game-history analysis what metrics indicate that a campaign is 1/4 won, and shift to T1 based on that metric. And, similarly with 1/2 won and T2, and 3/4 won and T3.

The problem is the fixed-time tier shift mechanic, not the concept of progressive tiers.

2 people like this

Fwiw, I like the current T0-to-begin-the-campaing setup the most; although I don't think it's bad to start every 5th campaign in T1/2.  

But if everyone is complaining about not reaching T3 even though T0 is, IMO, the most interesting, then I am willing to let the game go through a tier-system like the one I described above.  After all, it does make sense that people should have a roughly equal amount of time with all of the content that the game offers.

Ask and ye shall receive.  It has been announced that tier 0 for C145 will be 24 hrs or less.

Enjoy!

-Irish

1 person likes this

Let's work backwards this time. Start off in Tier 4, end in Tier 0 IF we make it that far.