malvoc

Tier 1

33 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, lipton said:

Let's work backwards this time. Start off in Tier 4, end in Tier 0 IF we make it that far. 

Only works if you totally remove the high tier units
If you leave even 1 tiger or M10 or S76 or C7 the tier 0 kit is doomed

I was thinking which I know is hard for someone like like myself but here is my idea: 

A mix of city supply and flag supply.

Towns on the front all have light infantry/garrison supply while the flags are special units like assualt engineers heavy inf motor inf cav heavy armour ...etc units.

6 hours ago, hellosim said:

I was thinking which I know is hard for someone like like myself but here is my idea: 

A mix of city supply and flag supply.

Towns on the front all have light infantry/garrison supply while the flags are special units like assualt engineers heavy inf motor inf cav heavy armour ...etc units.

Something like that has been the plan from the start. The whole idea was we go back to town based supply and then from there on you can build a hybrid system.

Just like with FMS the game went from inf placed frus to truck placed frus (stabilize gameplay) and then to fms (improve on it)

Same for TOE I would go back to town based supply (stabilize gameplay). Its new for most people so for veterans it will be fun for another 1+ years. Then on top of that clean sheet you build some kind of hybrid flag system. (improve on it)

If you try to go to a hybrid system from what we have now you are very likely to not start from a clean simple system and just make a complicated system even more complicated.

E.g spawing in should be based on the location, not the list of supply or mission. If you dont rip out TOE, the brigade system and the way missions are tied to a brigade from the start then youll never end up with a proper UI and spawning system.

Underneath the location based spawning you can have the game determine how much supply there is available at this location. And for example dynamically change it if 1 of the few hybrid flag thingies move close or into the town.

4 hours ago, monsjoex said:

Something like that has been the plan from the start. The whole idea was we go back to town based supply and then from there on you can build a hybrid system.

Just like with FMS the game went from inf placed frus to truck placed frus (stabilize gameplay) and then to fms (improve on it)

Same for TOE I would go back to town based supply (stabilize gameplay). Its new for most people so for veterans it will be fun for another 1+ years. Then on top of that clean sheet you build some kind of hybrid flag system. (improve on it)

If you try to go to a hybrid system from what we have now you are very likely to not start from a clean simple system and just make a complicated system even more complicated.

E.g spawing in should be based on the location, not the list of supply or mission. If you dont rip out TOE, the brigade system and the way missions are tied to a brigade from the start then youll never end up with a proper UI and spawning system.

Underneath the location based spawning you can have the game determine how much supply there is available at this location. And for example dynamically change it if 1 of the few hybrid flag thingies move close or into the town.

This

Oh brother... Start where the last campaign ended?!?!?

How would these be "campaigns" then?

Dumb idea.

How about fixing the broken TOEs system that creates a ton of "empty" yet owned real estate and makes softcaps a thing?

Start where the last tier ended... sheesh.

I nominate that idea for OT.

18 hours ago, hellosim said:

We need more tier zero and 1 armies and equipment

All sides need more tier -1 equipment to balance out the tier -1 French starting stuff like the SMG that shoots plastic BBs.  

Give us the mightly PZ1 please!

1 hour ago, helvan said:

All sides need more tier -1 equipment to balance out the tier -1 French starting stuff like the SMG that shoots plastic BBs.  

Give us the mightly PZ1 please!

Tier 0 is not even close to filled out yet
Lots more french, some more brit and some cool axis things for it still