• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
david01

Public/Private mission toggle needed ASAP

56 posts in this topic

Obviously people think that this is something that can wait for later or even isn't needed, but being unable to disable spawning is ruining any effective way to guide new players. New players keep spawning on missions when it's not anywhere near appropriate for them. I'm on a defense mission at a pretty quiet attack just monitoring things right now. As I'm sitting and watching new players are flooding out of the FMS. They're walking 1km around looking for something to do, tossing grenades randomly, firing at friendly aircraft. The FMS is in a strategic spot on the south Schilde hill, so I'm not going to delete it.

gtwiat.jpg

xroprf.jpg

1. They don't know that the attack is dead, they just see the mission populated and click it on the active battles tab

2. They don't really pay attention to the orders

3. Trying to politely inform them via chat isn't effective, and I'm not going to bark at them

Yes this needs to be addressed ASAP. 

Cause these players will also log off bad mouth the game cause all they did was walk around with no action. And it will reflect on their review of the game.

Unfortunately these players either totally ignore the chat / PMs, have the HUD completely turned off cause they just don't understand how big the map really is. 

Edited by dre21
3 people like this

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

Cause these players will also log off bad mouth the game cause all they did was walk around with no action. And it will reflect on their review of the game.

Unfortunately these players either totally ignore the chat / PMs, have the HUD completely turned off cause they just don't understand how big the map really is. 

I have tried messaging/chatting to the noobs without success.  The Chat Box ( and other windows) needs to be permanently opened for recruits for a period of at least 1 month playing time.

The main sticking point seems to be the subs price.  Needs to be lowered.  From steam charts pop has dropped.

If we can't have private missions/ squad missions, then the ML must have a way to disable spawning at MS, w/o actually deleting the MS.

This would essentially accomplish the same thing.  Not exactly, but close enough.

This is a must imo- give the ML the ability to disable the MS, w/o removing the MS.  ( and of course later enable it as needed)

Agreed.

There needs to be a way to stop spawning yet leave the FMS up or have private or squad only missions.

It may be easier to program after TOEs is removed though, because all of the supply is tied to the flags, etc. etc.

Edited by vasduten1

You would have lost your mind if you knew how much of the Champlon brigades were drained because of greenies at FB FMS running across open field and finally getting camped in FMS.

They would have gotten our FB (St. Hubert), too, if I wasn't checking FB damages.

5 hours ago, dre21 said:

Cause these players will also log off bad mouth the game cause all they did was walk around with no action

I am not sure if you can fix that with anything.

I kid you not, i have FM up it is in some nice heavy trees, 800m or less covered approach to town.

And there are green tags straggling out from it for over 1.7km, the wrong direction.
Quite a few of them.

Could not get a one of them to respond to me, i had even tried to pick them up with a truck.
They shot me, naded me, smoked me, satcheled me and killed themselves, but no one got in the truck to get a ride back to the action.
So, i drove back to the FM location, let everyone on mission know whats up and deleted the FM, waited 5 minutes and replaced it.

52 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

I am not sure if you can fix that with anything.

There's not going to be any silver bullet for that; it will take many changes that each contribute a little bit to the new player experience. Being able to keep players from spawning endlessly in the middle of nowhere, or likewise right in to a hopeless meatgrinder is one step.

I think that this should be easier because all it requires is for the server to not send out data to clients. The mission leader types a dot command, then the mission stops displaying in the list. No UI overhaul or any real gameplay change.

2 minutes ago, david01 said:

There's not going to be any silver bullet for that; it will take many changes that each contribute a little bit to the new player experience. Being able to keep players from spawning endlessly in the middle of nowhere, or likewise right in to a hopeless meatgrinder is one step.

You realize these players were spawning into "SOMEWHERE"  and wandering off to "NOWHERE"
couldn't be communicated with and even responded to the offer of a truck ride back to "SOMEWHERE" by grenading the truck?

That is sort of creating your own self dooming experience. 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, dre21 said:

6 hours ago, imded said:

We need this.

3 hours ago, delems said:

Give the ML the ability to disable the MS, w/o removing the MS.  (and of course later enable it as needed)

Whole heartedly agree. This would be my first suggestion.  I like the idea of private, squad or rank (maybe option Enlisted/Non Commissioned Officers/Officers) only too.

6 hours ago, david01 said:

Being unable to disable spawning is ruining any effective way to guide new players.

Totally agree. Greens won't understand this, the more that spawn though the further up the list you go on the active missions tab the worse the situation gets the worse the experience for them.

6 hours ago, merlin51 said:

I just turn off the FM, and turn it back on when i need it

Thats fine if your in the truck but if you've despawned your screwed, you'll have to drive again.

8 minutes ago, saffron said:

Thats fine if your in the truck but if you've despawned your screwed, you'll have to drive again.

Well, i kind of almost never despawn the truck.
I wind up needing it a lot, tanks and atgs need ammo, FM needs moved, atgs need moved, infantry need picked up, etc

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Well, i kind of almost never despawn the truck.
I wind up needing it a lot, tanks and atgs need ammo, FM needs moved, atgs need moved, infantry need picked up, etc

Spoken like a decent ML and team player! And it's how it should be done, rightly so.  I guess it depends what sort of mission your on, for a live/major AO/DO that  works a treat.

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

You realize these players were spawning into "SOMEWHERE"  and wandering off to "NOWHERE"
couldn't be communicated with and even responded to the offer of a truck ride back to "SOMEWHERE" by grenading the truck?

That is sort of creating your own self dooming experience. 

okay if you want to throw up your hands fine, but I think that this is a needed ability that can help some

maintaining that new players are beyond help isn't really a viable option anyway if the game wants any chance to grow

5 minutes ago, david01 said:

okay if you want to throw up your hands fine, but I think that this is a needed ability that can help some

maintaining that new players are beyond help isn't really a viable option anyway if the game wants any chance to grow

I dont see you offering a solution to what i said, just side stepping it.
Turning off the FM isnt a problem for me, problem is when i turn it back on, sure enough joe new guy is going to go on a boring 30 minute walk and end his gaming experience unhappily, and possibly because he likes to turn off the UI i cant even get him to respond to hey guy, come back this way SE, lot of action at the red triangle marker on your map.

Fix that or it won't matter how many times i turn on and off the FM
So what is your viable solution for that?

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

I dont see you offering a solution to what i said, just side stepping it.
Turning off the FM isnt a problem for me, problem is when i turn it back on, sure enough joe new guy is going to go on a boring 30 minute walk and end his gaming experience unhappily, and possibly because he likes to turn off the UI i cant even get him to respond to hey guy, come back this way SE, lot of action at the red triangle marker on your map.

Fix that or it won't matter how many times i turn on and off the FM
So what is your viable solution for that?

Yeah...when you turn it back on. The new player won't wander on to your mission because you've turned off visibility. That's the whole point of adding in a public/private toggle command or button, to prevent new players from spawning on missions that are a bad fit for them.

43 minutes ago, david01 said:

That's the whole point of adding in a public/private toggle command

It's not a private mission, do i have to spoonfeed this?

PUBLIC PUBLIC PUBLIC PUBLIC
get it?
P       U       B       L       I       C
I have no need for private missions most times anyways

We are attacking stuff, the mission is to attack stuff, the FM as already stated is right at the attack.

Everything from the sounds of battle to the mission briefing to the map markings the or objective arrow say
<----------- BAD GUYS THISA WAY
Joe and the Greentree clan are walking 2km -------------------------------------------> THATA WAY
To find 0 action, get p***ed off and log out 20 minutes later, regardless of the fact people are saying hey guys over here, regardless of the fact the FM's truck is now running out and about, risking getting shot up needlessly, to shuttle them back to action, because some how they cant see any chat or understand why a friendly truck
has come out to meet them.

Now unless you are suggesting that attack missions are not suitable for greentags, and we should make them all private and exclude all the greentags so that they can quit and instead of writing that I walked for 30 minutes and found no game, they can instead write i sat for 30 minutes listening to people talk about an attack but there was no mission i was allowed to join, wanna try again to offer a solution to the question i asked instead of answering a question of your own choosing?

I believe CRS was very clear on the subject, private missions are not being considered at this time. 

Time to tone it down a notch in here.

14 minutes ago, CHIMM said:

You're going to say this, With Bill Murray looking at me like that?
Your voice may be saying yes, but Bills eyes are saying

7 hours ago, CHIMM said:

I believe CRS was very clear on the subject, private missions are not being considered at this time. 

Post the official statement and reasoning please.

IT`s common logic also and that can not be taught. If you see a town and you see X players in a beeline to that town and you wander off to now where....well. 

I

9 hours ago, CHIMM said:

So what about Squad missions. Or are they considered Private?

If that's the case then us Vets will reluctant watch on how Greentags after Greentags walk the wrong way. Without ever responding , in the process alert every enemy within earshot of our presence. Just to know in the back of our mind they will log, bad mouth the game we support and love .

All the whilst watch the player numbers dwindle in the process ,no others will follow cause of the stellar reviews this game gets on Steam from said Greentags.

10 minutes ago, dre21 said:

So what about Squad missions. Or are they considered Private?

If that's the case then us Vets will reluctant watch on how Greentags after Greentags walk the wrong way. Without ever responding , in the process alert every enemy within earshot of our presence. Just to know in the back of our mind they will log, bad mouth the game we support and love .

All the whilst watch the player numbers dwindle in the process ,no others will follow cause of the stellar reviews this game gets on Steam from said Greentags.

If the "squad missions" were not available to players, then yes they would be considered private.