• Announcements

• CHIMM

***Expected Outage Scheduled*** 7 day Notice   12/15/2019

Next Sunday, December 22nd 2019 outage and cut-over will START AT 9AM PACIFIC TIME or 5:00 PM GMT. All services will be effected for 24 +/- hours as announced in our previous article. Game server physically relocated  Website and critical data relocated Configure the game server all critical services to new ISP's We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this transition, our goal is to minimize server downtime. Official communications/status will be posted via Axis and Allied Discord, and FaceBook during outage. ***Effective that day, server time will be considered Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8), not US Central (CST) as it is now.***
Kilemall

Can't get past mouse OK

61 posts in this topic

With the new patch, I am authenticating fine, but once I am past the login client the mouse arrow is not visible.  I am trying to click on the OK to get into the game proper, but I cannot.  I know the mouse is active because I can move it to the middle window tile and move it around, but no go in clicking to enter.

Any fix?

6804d01e7660c25069ebac10c469978b.jpg

Ok I checked the box that the arrow says to uncheck and now I can click on the "OK" button.

1 hour ago, revrin said:

6804d01e7660c25069ebac10c469978b.jpg

Ok I checked the box that the arrow says to uncheck and now I can click on the "OK" button.

I have Windows 10 Pro, so that option is worded a bit differently.

In any event it was unclicked, and running through the options does no good.

Neither does run as administrator.

Can you open the Settings app and change your resolution to a different resolution and save it, then let me know if it works?

1 hour ago, Kilemall said:

I have Windows 10 Pro, so that option is worded a bit differently.

In any event it was unclicked, and running through the options does no good.

Neither does run as administrator.

the DPI scaling wouldn't have any effect unless your game flows off your screen.  

The 'no mouse' thing is new, may have to put in a ticket (support.wwiionline.com) so that system specifics can be looked at.

26 minutes ago, Scking said:

Can you open the Settings app and change your resolution to a different resolution and save it, then let me know if it works?

It does not.

4 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

It does not.

Have you tried doing a full install yet?
Including running the directX 9.0c install?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled entirely.  I have upgraded to the latest Nvidia drivers and accepted the ActiveX  drivers off the  CRS install. Plenty of reboots between.  None are working.

Two clues B2K-

1) the mouse is clearly an active controller, and able to manipulate tiled windows and even click on buttons and tabs successfully if I luck out and run across them.  But the UI is just dead without a working mouse.  The arrow is invisible when the game takes over display control but is otherwise fully functional for other apps.

2) the video display  on WWIIOL settings.exe looks  VERY odd,   Instead of my  card displaying its showing \\.  \DISPLAY6.  My card is a GTX960.

The display name is as expected.. Try changing your display to display1 (might be display0)

2 minutes ago, Scking said:

The display name is as expected.. Try changing your display to display1 (might be display0)

Not an option, I only have 6.    

Doesn't look like any kind of decently formed option either, looks very  much like something that is out of field or supposed to be in the code but is coming through warts and all.

14 minutes ago, Scking said:

his //display# i believe is going to be based on which output on his video card his monitor is plugged into, most cards now have 4+ outputs
but it should not matter to the game if its 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 etc as long as it is valid

Killemall
Do i understand right that if you luck the mouse over a tab or button it clicks, it's just that you simply have no visible mouse cursor
to know where you might be clicking?

Reason i ask this is i would before patch sometimes loose visible mouse cursor when tabbing between games, and i could get it back by tabbing to a regular windows app, like file manager and back

2 hours ago, merlin51 said:

his //display# i believe is going to be based on which output on his video card his monitor is plugged into, most cards now have 4+ outputs
but it should not matter to the game if its 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 etc as long as it is valid

Killemall
Do i understand right that if you luck the mouse over a tab or button it clicks, it's just that you simply have no visible mouse cursor
to know where you might be clicking?

Reason i ask this is i would before patch sometimes loose visible mouse cursor when tabbing between games, and i could get it back by tabbing to a regular windows app, like file manager and back

THat is correct.

I HAVE to tab to Task Manager to terminate WW2.exe cleanly and have rebooted several times, so I have certainly done that several times.

Thank you. I got it and will go over it with the QA team to see if we can work out what's going on

I had the same issue and I checked the box that I was told to uncheck. That fixed it for me.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:47 AM, Kilemall said:

With the new patch, I am authenticating fine, but once I am past the login client the mouse arrow is not visible.  I am trying to click on the OK to get into the game proper, but I cannot.  I know the mouse is active because I can move it to the middle window tile and move it around, but no go in clicking to enter.

Any fix?

I have exact same issues - downloaded new patch - and tried to load game all game files were gone.  Did a complete game install once done window came up - unsuccessful missing file MFC140U.dll =-  I tried to load game regardless and got as far as Kilemall did only to be missing my mouse cursor same exact thing happens as does him.  I tried to explain this the other day but I to be honest didn't know how to - brain dead old man going nuts LOL. 

By the way the last patch I had the same issue where I lost all of the games files and all - but did full reinstall game worked ok but FPS's were way low.  Thank You 

Sorry I am running windows 7 

Edited by playtime

12 hours ago, playtime said:

I have exact same issues - downloaded new patch - and tried to load game all game files were gone.  Did a complete game install once done window came up - unsuccessful missing file MFC140U.dll =-  I tried to load game regardless and got as far as Kilemall did only to be missing my mouse cursor same exact thing happens as does him.  I tried to explain this the other day but I to be honest didn't know how to - brain dead old man going nuts LOL. 

By the way the last patch I had the same issue where I lost all of the games files and all - but did full reinstall game worked ok but FPS's were way low.  Thank You 

Sorry I am running windows 7 

Big clue, Playtime.

The DLL is from Visual Studio, which could be what the Rats use to make their menu screens.

I never got that alert, but it would make sense if they compiled the client software against a certain level of Visual Studio that requires that DLL.

The DLL is not on my machine.

I am VERY leery of just slapping in a DLL from a download site, both in terms of most sites not being secure, but even if I find a Microsoft hosted version, you don't want to go DLL by DLL without the whole environment the DLL is nested in. Begging for corruption.

SO right now I found a free version of Visual Studio 2017 and am downloading it.  We'll see if that fixes it.

Edited by Kilemall

I think it depends on your system if you have 32 or 64.. I know the game is 32 but not sure that matters

Had to uninstall the 2017 Visual Studio, it wouldn't let me put on the 2015 otherwise.

Installed both.

No improvement.

MFC140U.dll  on my machine, two versions, one in Windows\system 32, another in Windows\syswow64.

Edited by Kilemall