Kilemall

Can't get past mouse OK

61 posts in this topic

Mine is a 64 bit system. I did try yesterday downloading the visual 15 but no dice on it. Drawl is setting in but at least I am not alone. I did try doing a system restore also but I can't go past the time of the patch install for some reason. I used to somewhat know what I was doing but times change. Thank You Salute

So as of now there is no fix? I just don't want to have a fix come up and miss it. Withdrawal has reallly set in and if it has for me I sympathise with anyone else with this issue. Salute

I have not heard anything yet playtime
Got a couple steam players sharing your issue

Do you think its possible to perhaps blindly click the OK button?

I heard there was a mouse move issue, that what you have?

I think the fix was to go into prefs and set everything back to default (button for that).

Or maybe it was just infantry area that you set back to default - not sure.

4 hours ago, delems said:

I heard there was a mouse move issue, that what you have?

I think the fix was to go into prefs and set everything back to default (button for that).

Or maybe it was just infantry area that you set back to default - not sure.

He can not see his mouse pointer at all

He could try renaming the c:\users\playtime\documents\battleground europe folder to like battleground europe-OLD, which would reset ALL settings to stock as a test.

26 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

He can not see his mouse pointer at all

He could try renaming the c:\users\playtime\documents\battleground europe folder to like battleground europe-OLD, which would reset ALL settings to stock as a test.

Tried it, no go.

I am having the exact same issue, apparently this is a common problem.  'Looking for a successful fix.  Just bought an annual renewal subscription,  not happy at the moment

14 minutes ago, jhay said:

I am having the exact same issue, apparently this is a common problem.  'Looking for a successful fix.  Just bought an annual renewal subscription,  not happy at the moment

Please open ticket so the devs know and so they can address the issue of subscription time lost.
It isn't super common which i suppose makes it harder to sort out the cause?

http://support.playnet.com

They won't just take your cash and leave you hang, they aren't like that.

They know what was changed, and they know how it was prior to the patch, they might need a bit to sift through that to see what part would affect the cursor
which would ultimately be better than just rolling the change back.

Humm, those having this problem....Try hitting or holding ctrl or fn key and see if cursor appears.

Googling around it seems a windows update is causing some disappearing cursor issues.

1 hour ago, OldZeke said:

Humm, those having this problem....Try hitting or holding ctrl or fn key and see if cursor appears.

Googling around it seems a windows update is causing some disappearing cursor issues.

Tried the ctrl and alt keys already, didn't go through the F keys, will do.

8 minutes ago, OldZeke said:

Kile, is wwiiol the only thing having this issue? Do you use edge browser?

Normal browser is Firefox.  I've brought up Edge, no problems there, and tried WWIIOL with all browsers down.

WWIIOL is the only thing that has the disappearing mouse cursor.

12 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Normal browser is Firefox.  I've brought up Edge, no problems there, and tried WWIIOL with all browsers down.

WWIIOL is the only thing that has the disappearing mouse cursor.

CAn i get a copy of your DXDaig ?    ohm@corneredrats.com

2 minutes ago, OHM said:

CAn i get a copy of your DXDaig ?    ohm@corneredrats.com

Scking already has one, but ill forward.

3 hours ago, OldZeke said:

Cursor is physically there, but has no graphic.
If he randomly rolls about the screen and clicks it will click on things, he just has no idea on what it might click and when.

There are a couple people over on steam with same issue, Playtime i believe also has same issue here

What resolution are y'all running? 

And is desktop and game set to same res?

DPI scaling?

The latest win 10 update changed something to do with how win 10 handles DPI scaling.

5 minutes ago, OldZeke said:

What resolution are y'all running? 

And is desktop and game set to same res?

DPI scaling?

The latest win 10 update changed something to do with how win 10 handles DPI scaling.

1920x1080, both match.

The DPI scaling options were turned off, I went through each variable and tried each  one  on.

Try setting a custom scaling at 101%

Logout of windows and back in and load the game and see if that fixes it.

If that don't help then I'm outta guesses.

Kilemall

Looking at the DxDiag i see some very old mouse drivers for the gx9 mouse you have . I would suggest going to Logitech website and download the drivers for that mouse and see what happens ...   ...the 2009 drivers might be the issue 

| | +-+ Logitech HID-compliant G9x Laser Mouse
| | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC066
| | | | Matching Device ID: hid\vid_046d&pid_c066&mi_00
| | | | Upper Filters: LMouFilt
| | | | Lower Filters: LHidFilt
| | | | Service: mouhid
| | | | Driver: LHidFilt.Sys, 6/17/2009 10:54:22, 55312 bytes
| | | | Driver: LMouFilt.Sys, 6/17/2009 10:54:30, 57872 bytes
| | | | Driver: KHALMNPR.Exe, 6/17/2009 10:53:28, 130576 bytes
| | | | Driver: mouhid.sys, 3/18/2017 15:56:35, 33280 bytes
| | | | Driver: mouclass.sys, 3/18/2017 15:56:35, 60320 bytes
| | | | Driver: WdfCoInstaller01005.dll, 11/2/2006 10:04:56, 1919968 bytes
| | | 

I am running windows 7 pro  - 64 bit and all updates are updated windows before game patch. Game was find until I downloaded patch.

This same thing happened to me with the last update - not the mouse issue but for some reason the patch erased any file to do with the game.

I did a full game install this fixed issue but FPS's were lower than before patch. 

Most recent patch issue - Once I downloaded patch and logged into game I got to the page to click into the main page to pick axis- brits - french but I was not able to see the cursor but it sounds like it should be there on the screen clicking sound.

Once I did a full install window came up and said - download failed mission file - MFC140U.dll can't install program - something as such. But I still went ahead and tried to log in and all was fine except for the cursor being blind. I looked the file MFC140U.dll up online it states if you tried to download a game - the game download is the cause because it is missing something or it could be your system is now corrupted from trying to download a program with file or files missing. 

For the heck of it last night I tried to move the invisible cursor around on the page and I could move the big box that you click on to enter game. I also tried to pretend to judge what the cursor might be to click on ok but was not able to judge where it may be. 

So I thought that I would try the Offline practice portion of the game doing the same thing. If you recall once the page loads the weapons and other things tanks - ships are in roles. I ran the invisible cursor over them and it would highlight the different things such as french infantry and so on. I was able to judge where the cursor should be - clicked on a DD of course and Bingo I was able to load it and actually use it. But from the point on whatever the cursor is suppose to be clicked on wouldn't work. But at least I was able to cruise around a bit and pretend I was actually in the game. 

I don't remember much anymore in regards to computers like I was did but I just thought I would past this on. So for some reason some of us are missing some file or files or our systems think it is a corrupt program. Previously I have had a window pop up and say program you are tried to download - windows said this - is corrupt - but I was still able to log in. Food for thought but I just ate. But game was just fine before patch except for the invisible cursor. Cheers

P.S. I know I may not make sense in its entirely but maybe some of what I typed will hopefully I need to get in this game.  I know everyone is doing the best. I am sorry for such a very long reply.

Edited by playtime

7 hours ago, OldZeke said:

Try setting a custom scaling at 101%

Logout of windows and back in and load the game and see if that fixes it.

If that don't help then I'm outta guesses.

Done, no go.

7 hours ago, OHM said:

Kilemall

Looking at the DxDiag i see some very old mouse drivers for the gx9 mouse you have . I would suggest going to Logitech website and download the drivers for that mouse and see what happens ...   ...the 2009 drivers might be the issue 

| | +-+ Logitech HID-compliant G9x Laser Mouse
| | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC066
| | | | Matching Device ID: hid\vid_046d&pid_c066&mi_00
| | | | Upper Filters: LMouFilt
| | | | Lower Filters: LHidFilt
| | | | Service: mouhid
| | | | Driver: LHidFilt.Sys, 6/17/2009 10:54:22, 55312 bytes
| | | | Driver: LMouFilt.Sys, 6/17/2009 10:54:30, 57872 bytes
| | | | Driver: KHALMNPR.Exe, 6/17/2009 10:53:28, 130576 bytes
| | | | Driver: mouhid.sys, 3/18/2017 15:56:35, 33280 bytes
| | | | Driver: mouclass.sys, 3/18/2017 15:56:35, 60320 bytes
| | | | Driver: WdfCoInstaller01005.dll, 11/2/2006 10:04:56, 1919968 bytes
| | | 

Done, no go.

@Kilemall can you try and see if your mouse works in offline mode? Also please try without anything else running (discord, teamspeak, video recording or anything that might have an overlay). 

Cursor works just fine everywhere except the game even on this forum.

I know the guys and gals on the team are doing everything that they can so that is not an issue with me at this time. I am just spending more time with my bum parked on a chair in a corner sucking my thumb for talking back to my boss my wife to much:mad:. I am really cranky even my K-9 COOPER is hiding from me LOL . Cheers I will give until Friday evening at 8 pm eastern time to have it fixed, I can't miss another Friday night LOL Kidding :huh:

4 hours ago, Scking said:

@Kilemall can you try and see if your mouse works in offline mode? Also please try without anything else running (discord, teamspeak, video recording or anything that might have an overlay). 

Had already done both, no go.