Nov 04 01:33 r00kie (DE Engineer)
Nov 04 01:34 itsbrad (Pz III F)
Nov 04 01:37 godblesseu (Opel)
Nov 04 01:39 godblesseu (Opel)
Nov 04 01:54 wolviedk (Pz IV D)

Imagine if the Germans had something like this haha

48 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Imagine if the Germans had something like this haha

More due to the fact none marked the panny, the lack of comms and marks on the Axis side is really bad, itsbrad and co. should know better, that and the fact that I've never seen so many green tags in my life.

4 hours ago, bus0 said:

More due to the fact none marked the panny, the lack of comms and marks on the Axis side is really bad, itsbrad and co. should know better, that and the fact that I've never seen so many green tags in my life.

there were 15min between itsbrad's deaths, he did ok. it was also an hour long sortie, enough time for a panny to flank to the next town and back

why is it soo hard to admit the panny is a super stealthy tank?

i know it's "meant" to be a "light reconnaissance system platform..." but the in-game reality is: its a very frustrating enemy to fight. no fun for the axis to play with

Edited by major0noob
1 person likes this

Why can't they increase the friction off road for all wheeled vehicles?  Though, I guess that would slow down trucks too.

In which case, for game playability, I guess you would still let the trucks go to fast, but slow all the armored cars - if they can differentiate them.

Pan won't be nearly as much of a PITA once we get proper off-road resistance modeled.  

12 hours ago, major0noob said:

there were 15min between itsbrad's deaths, he did ok. it was also an hour long sortie, enough time for a panny to flank to the next town and back

i know it's "meant" to be a "light reconnaissance system platform..." but the in-game reality is: its a very frustrating enemy to fight. no fun for the axis to play with

I was moving around a lot. Plus it was raining which makes the pan totally silent lol. Ridiculous. 

Sound needs to be upped yeah.

Still you should just scout from commander constantly as well. A moving pan is same as a silent atg waiting to ambush you.

20 hours ago, david01 said:

70% greentags/rank 2 newbs.

That's about what I'm seeing in game right now, very weird seeing more green then blue.

Edited by bus0

1 minute ago, monsjoex said:

Sound needs to be upped yeah.

Still you should just scout from commander constantly as well. A moving pan is same as a silent atg waiting to ambush you.

It's a tool in an arsenal, sound needs to be upped I would agree, but it's one of those tools that needs a close visual/comms to deal with, such as like 'Hey LW 09 flying around at monkey space altitude, wanna come down and straff this panny for us instead of playing with yourself'

Easily dealt with using teamwork...

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, delems said:

Why can't they increase the friction off road for all wheeled vehicles?  Though, I guess that would slow down trucks too.

In which case, for game playability, I guess you would still let the trucks go to fast, but slow all the armored cars - if they can differentiate them.

It will still be like the DAC -a 2lb-er rolling around the battlefield not subject to the whims of riflemen like the ATG.

Quick: Name the Axis equivalent!

18 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Neither will 232

Hint: It's not the 232.

The Axis have NEVER had anything like it or the DAC, and it's been an imbalance ever since. Why don't people say much about it? Mostly because we HAVE said something about it many times and all we ever hear is, "Oh but you have the fantast HEAT ammo!!!" or, "SIX YEARZZZOR!"

Axis need a small fast "scout" car that has an actual anti tank gun.

It'd sure be nice to have this:

SdKfz234-2_side_view.jpg

FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME.

If even a crummy tanker. (myself,) can roll around and kill 3-4 panzers in a sortie... and there is no equivalent vehicle, (say the 232 ONE more time, I frigging DARE you,) then it's time to either remove them or give the Axis the same capabilities on a scout car.

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

It will still be like the DAC -a 2lb-er rolling around the battlefield not subject to the whims of riflemen like the ATG.

Quick: Name the Axis equivalent!

The Axis have NEVER had anything like it or the DAC, and it's been an imbalance ever since. Why don't people say much about it? Mostly because we HAVE said something about it many times and all we ever hear is, "Oh but you have the fantast HEAT ammo!!!" or, "SIX YEARZZZOR!"

Axis need a small fast "scout" car that has an actual anti tank gun.

It'd sure be nice to have this:

SdKfz234-2_side_view.jpg

FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME.

If even a crummy tanker. (myself,) can roll around and kill 3-4 panzers in a sortie... and there is no equivalent vehicle, (say the 232 ONE more time, I frigging DARE you,) then it's time to either remove them or give the Axis the same capabilities on a scout car.

You do know the only reason people use the panhard is because the stuart is not in and pretty much all other tanks are slow and blind right?

2 people like this

5 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

Put the bong down son
Unless you like the 232 skating around like a VW bug on ice skates and other goofy stuff it does?

2 hours ago, monsjoex said:

german grenadier should be removed until they fix the lethality

What are you talking about?
Its going to get MORE LETHAL post HE audit (So shooting on in the same room as yourself might not be what you want in your forte, unless you prefer suicide?)

Sometimes i'm glad CRS probably ignores a lot of layer suggestions
We'd have nothing left in game but two guys running around in superhero underoos wielding rubber clubs.

2 hours ago, delems said:

The pan, dac and 232 should all be removed from game until they can both fix the off road mobility and figure out a way to even (ish) the damage by them.

none of them are game breaking, so removing is kind of silly
and there is no way to evenish up the damage done by any of them.
They carry the guns that they carry, that's what kind of damage they will do. Only real issue with the armored cars is their driving physics.
No one is going to go run off and nerf/ buff the guns on them any.

T3 you'll be getting (when modeled of course) the SdKfz 234 and variety eventually
You will probably agree to skip the Sdkfz 234/1 because it packs another  2 cm KwK 38 L/55, 232 fits here fine

Now for the 234/2 we get  the 5 cm KwK 39/1 L/60 and a cool turret
(please dont call it a puma, it's not a puma, dunno when or how it began getting called that)

For infantry support, there is the 234/3 with the 7.5 cm K 51 L/24 for slinging HE gifts through windows etc.

And for those finding a dire need to run a TD but finding supplies a bit low, the 234/4 wont be bad
packing a  7.5 cm PaK 40 L/46 upstairs

T2 would bring the Sd. Kfz. 233
Kind of an interesting unit, open topped turret,  7.5 cm KwK 37 L/24 gun

T0 - T1 the 232 is kind of the most interesting/useful of the german ASC's

As for the french, well sometime in T1 a small amount will get refitted with the an SA MLE 35 47mm, and that is how the old girl will sit for the duration
around T5 her turret design will change and she will be known as panhard 178B, but she will never get the 75mm gun, just the 47mm.

Around T2 the brits could look at the AEC MKII and MKIII, that is the most bang for the buck path i think
6pdr and QF-75 respectively. The MKI is probably of little use aside from variety as it is armed with a 2pdr

The DAC will never grow up, so to speak, it will run the duration with nothing but a littlejohn adapter.
Other brit ASC's would only be a variety thing, between the DAC and the AEC all functionality bases are covered.

Some M8 greyhounds will obviously make an appearance in T3
can not say if the french would or would not have them, with the panhard 178B though, they dont really need a greyhound and can remain fully french in that aspect.
The greyhound only packs a 37mm a la M5 Stuart.

All of these will go boom if a fly farts in their general direction, so if any of these kills your tank, it's ambushing/camping you.
The Axis and Britain will lead the armored car game, france and the US will simply be adequate but that's how things go sometimes.

That all being said, if a Panhard 178 has just raped 50% of your tank spawn pool, you are letting the little bugger sit someplace within spitting distance
of you, don't let him do that.
All he has is the 25mm pea shooter, don't let him sit there that close, get out your P38 and cut him open.

DAC is a different story, he does have a 2PDR
He can sit back a safe ways and reach out to you, which makes his camping less risky.

Thats ok, PZJ1 will play that game too, soon.

*** Thats ok, PZJ1 will play that game too, soon.
Hardly, it will be loud, slow and open top not to mention no armor protecting crew from rear, and possibly sides.

Dreamworld to compare DAC and PzJg I.  In fact, it isn't even a valid comparison.

On 11/4/2017 at 1:55 PM, delems said:

They did. All ATV's used to be a lot faster. 

Should we start comparing all tanks to all tanks again? There's nothing like the Tiger either. There's nothing like the Stug either. There's nothing like the ... and on and on and on ...... FFS this gets so f'n old. 

1 minute ago, delems said:

Hardly, it will be loud, slow

So will the DAC Panhard and 232 once they address some of their physics, off road anyways.
PZJI isnt really slow, and it's nice and small

Loud? i am not sure what your audio setup is but currently ALL engines are loud.
I can hear you start a DAC or Panhard at the FB when i am just a little ways from town.

Not drive it, simply start it.
Not just those, it could be an HT, a Truck, a tank, a plane, there is nothing you can move in game with an engine that i won't hear coming with utter perfection from very far away.

11 minutes ago, delems said:

open top

Wow, you're kidding?
You mean like an M10? Le Gasp, who would do such a thing?
I mean it makes it totally useless, gun probably won't even fire let's not even spawn it.
Do you think before typing, or simply live in a world of negativity? And can type nothing but?

31 minutes ago, delems said:

Dreamworld to compare DAC and PzJg I

I didn't that was your idea, try reading better.
if i was going to compare them, id say....

Armor about even over all, most anything will penetrate both
PZIJ has a slight temporary saving grace in it's tracks that may protect the crew for a minute, just not certain that postponing the inevitable can really be called saving.
PZIJ is open at the top and rear, but does gain better audio and somewhat visual SA due to this

Offroad speed
DAC wins by about 10mph give or take which is not to say the PZIJ's offroad speed is not respectable, it's not slow.

PZJI wins, DAC is about 2 feet taller, PZIJ is kind of a squat flat package.

Armament
DAC has the good old 2pdr
PZIJ has the Czech PAK38(t) 47mm 

2PDR       AP        APCBC*
500m      37             65
1000m    27             57

PAK38(t) AP          APCR*
500m      69           73
1000m    52           49

Assuming non specialty ammo, we have to give this one to the PZJI
With 35° of traverse, from a good starting position, he should be able to do a bit of camping.

Anti Infantry
PZJI  depending on modeled has none, unless they can model a crew member to use an SMG
In some kind of deployable (stand up) state.

DAC has a coaxial MG in a fully positional turret

Since i have not seen a unit in game with a deployable crew avatar (except maybe the M10 MG gunner?)
We will for now call the PZJI 0 ability.
I am sure it could be done, but ive not seen it yet so, DAC wins

Maneuverability
DAC is a wheeled vehicle and so is going to be inherently more nimble at things like turning
But the PZIJ is about a ton lighter than the DAC and is tracked with a 6spd gear box, which should give it the edge in things like climbing
up grades etc.  (It also wont flip over but we will assume that aspect of the scout car physics is addressed)

Kind of depends on exactly what you intend on doing, the PZIJ wont ever make any kind of good scouting vehicle, nor should it, but it should do better crawling up into nifty locations to shoot the bejeebers out of enemy units. If you want to scout, take a 232, if you want to blow things up go get a PZIJ

Should be plenty of them to spawn, delems won't be using them

12 minutes ago, lipton said:

They did. All ATV's used to be a lot faster. 

Needs revisited, a morris should not be doing 60 offroad unless its going off the cliffs of dover.

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:38 PM, major0noob said:

Clearly you've never expended round after round after round of 2pdr shot at a 232. at point-blank range without killing the bugger!

I think AC's in general are a bit uber in terms of effectiveness in game. A lot of the problem relates to their off-road speed, which even allowing for picking ones way around berms and whatnot is still blisteringly and unrealistically fast. Couple that with the overabundance of foliage, ability to park up in foliage, and too few obstacles, allowing very fast off road movement, often a flaky damage-model (it feels like) and you have a recipe for weirdness. Actually trucks are likewise overly quick off road, especially the Bedford and Opel.

16 minutes ago, fidd said:

Clearly you've never expended round after round after round of 2pdr shot at a 232. at point-blank range without killing the bugger!

All the armored cars are very thin
just say on average like 13mm armor

They do not spall much, what happens with your 2pdr is it goes in, hits nothing vital and goes out the other side.
it will in fact kill infantry on the other side if it hits them.
It will also have enough joules to penetrate another 232 parked beside it.

You have to aim for the vitals to make it stop shooting.
Crew bodies, ammo store, fuel tank, gun breech.
Tires, suspension, engine just immobilize it.
And punching harmless holes in it has little effect due to lack of spall

49 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

SAu40 

Pretty sure that's not in game... is it? 

?plugin=ref&page=Somua%20SAu%2040&src=sA

Edited by lipton

1 hour ago, lipton said:

Pretty sure that's not in game... is it? 

Yet....
sau40_2.jpg
01321.jpg

The B1 does a good impression of the StuG, kinda, little high profile, not much for AP unless point blank, lobs HE really well though.

*** You mean like an M10? Le Gasp, who would do such a thing?

Hahahahah pretty funny, the m10 has an invisible shield over it - can't toss nades in, they bounce out.  Use to work, but no more.

How much you wanna bet right now nades will go in the PzJg I ?

Not sure where you getting numbers, but the DAC is twice as fast as the PzJg I, and I'll bet more silent.

Edited by delems