• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Mosizlak

Pan EZ mode sortie:

64 posts in this topic

they balanced the scout performance gap long ago with extra 3rd rate panzers...

imo the 38t/2c/232 (3rd rate panzers) have too much inf killing power. in DO's the junk tanks pull brutal cuts

Edited by major0noob

5 minutes ago, major0noob said:

they balanced the scout performance gap long ago with extra 3rd rate panzers...

imo the 38t/2c/232 have too much inf killing power. in DO's the junk tanks pull brutal cuts

Armored vehicles exist to exert a zone of control. Sure, the low-tier Axis tanks may be exceptional at doing that to infantry. The DAC is exceptional at doing that to any enemy armor aside from the highest-level stuff *and* infantry. They and Panhards are the go-to options for locking down FMSes.

That is not balanced. It is important to consider, I will grant you that, but it is not balanced.

yeah well 1 of each 3rd rate is enough for every pan and every .50 hawk is worth 2 190's and a 4F(...), i agree it's not balanced but according to CRS's methods it is

at this point we're just measuring the silliness of it, 30:1 K/D difference, 20 extra anti-inf units, and allies pee'n their pants at 232's

Edited by major0noob

47 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

Surely, you can see there needs to be an equivalent for the Axis?

36 minutes ago, chaoswzkd said:

Anyone who argues that the 232 is comparable to the DAC has no substantive evidence.

Unless we are counting scouting stuff, in which case the 232 is kind of superior,  It is not comparable as an SP ATG vs the current ingame T0 armored units
Germany doesnt have a comparable "Scout Car" format ATG of any comparable measure, even the so called Puma is totally outclassed by the british 6PDR equipped AEC (which outclasses EVERYONE)

There is an axis vehicle as lethal, but it is not a scout car. Its a tiny little PZI with a Czech 47mm bolted to it and named PanzerJager I.
Its very lethal, it isnt quite as fast though it will climb better and have better stability on bad or steep terrain.
Its nearly 2 feet shorter than a DAC so should make better use of cover.

At some point T0 will be finished, and then there will be a bunch of tin cans that a 232 or PZII can tear to shreds.

Scout cars themselves, there will never be equality, because there never was, The US wont field anything better than a 37mm equipped scout car, the brits will go GaGa and shove a 6PDR on one, and the axis will put an early war 47mm czech gun on a later war scout car and call it good.
Real life just didn't have much of a "Scout Car Wars" thing going on, you weren't supposed to be attacking tanks with them.

1 person likes this

allies really hate the scouting advantage the PZjr1 is giving the axis...

we're talking about right now man, the panny is a tank and it's performing at a S35/4D level

18 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Real life just didn't have much of a "Scout Car Wars" thing going on, you weren't supposed to be attacking tanks with them.

And in real life not many tankers drove full speed down the road by themselves into enemy territory.   Organized tankers don't die to panny's very often.  It's usually the solo noobs.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, ratzilla said:

And in real life not many tankers drove full speed down the road by themselves into enemy territory.   Organized tankers don't die to panny's very often.  It's usually the solo noobs.

That isnt really what they are talking about for the most part i don't think.

Panhard speeds up to max speed, kills engine and shifts to neutral, and coasts silently 1+ km at 40mph offroad into a bunch of bushes 125m from the side of the FB VEH spawn.
232 can do this too, but the 232 cant shoot much like that except an FM because most of the armor is too heavy for it to hurt.

So they want something that does this as well.

What should really be asked is that the physics that are allowing trucks and scout cars to kill their engine and coast more than a few meters, and to be able to reach unfeasibly high offroad speeds be revisited and revised.

I dont think anyone is griping about being picked off while running down to road alone (Except when you get sapped while rolling 30mph)

29 minutes ago, major0noob said:

allies really hate the scouting advantage the PZjr1 is giving the axis...

That doesn't make any sense, because NO ONE SCOUTS, hardly ever.
If you gave them a weaponless scout car, they'd use it to try to run down EI instead of scout probably.

29 minutes ago, major0noob said:

we're talking about right now man, the panny is a tank and it's performing at a S35/4D level

I dunno if id give a panhard that much credit.
DAC maybe since it has a 2pdr and can kill something 800m away long as it shoots 1st and does not miss, a Pan shooting you from 800m away is just called a suicide :) 

On 11/6/2017 at 11:03 AM, major0noob said:

the panny's already balanced by the excessive amount of low rank tanks and a extra main tank in the axis pool. that balancing gives axis way too much inf-killing power though. in the end the panny is working in axis favor

a better solution would be to lower the supply of pannies so other inf-killing tanks can be reduced without issue (2C/Vick/R35)

Winner winner chicken dinner.  

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

Unless we are counting scouting stuff, in which case the 232 is kind of superior,  It is not comparable as an SP ATG vs the current ingame T0 armored units
Germany doesnt have a comparable "Scout Car" format ATG of any comparable measure, even the so called Puma is totally outclassed by the british 6PDR equipped AEC (which outclasses EVERYONE)

There is an axis vehicle as lethal, but it is not a scout car. Its a tiny little PZI with a Czech 47mm bolted to it and named PanzerJager I.
Its very lethal, it isnt quite as fast though it will climb better and have better stability on bad or steep terrain.
Its nearly 2 feet shorter than a DAC so should make better use of cover.

At some point T0 will be finished, and then there will be a bunch of tin cans that a 232 or PZII can tear to shreds.

Scout cars themselves, there will never be equality, because there never was, The US wont field anything better than a 37mm equipped scout car, the brits will go GaGa and shove a 6PDR on one, and the axis will put an early war 47mm czech gun on a later war scout car and call it good.

Appreciate the info. I'm a lot less knowledgeable about armored cars than I am about tanks. I still think that there is an issue in this particular expression of inequality that hampers gameplay at this stage.

While I agree that the status of the 232 and PzII will likely be upgraded once T0 is fully fleshed out, do you have any idea on what can be done to curb the DAC prior to that, or do you think that despite the inequality the situation is roughly balanced?

28 minutes ago, chaoswzkd said:

While I agree that the status of the 232 and PzII will likely be upgraded once T0 is fully fleshed out, do you have any idea on what can be done to curb the DAC prior to that, or do you think that despite the inequality the situation is roughly balanced?

revisit their physics that they and trucks operate under.
Rework them where it simply is not possible to speed up to 40mph or more off road kill your engine shift to neutral and cost along for over a kilometer in total dead silence (coasting audio doesnt carry more than 20 feet) to literally silently stop behind a guy on guard duty while giving him 0 clue you just pulled up.

Once upon a time, if you ran a bedford overspeed off road, it beat your brains in, vision shaking bad and you would black/red out until you slowed down to a proper speed.
Maybe that should come back along with some drag and friction changes?

Other than that, the guns are what they are, but i imagine one would care a lot less about that as long as it did not silently coast for over a kilometer to get where it is.
Equipment itself, at any given time on a given unit or class will always not be tit for tat, you cant change that.

Have to look to other ways to balance without time warping, nerfing or buffing, like balancing the amounts of the different units.
If a unit is a real nasty dude, lets take a Tiger II for example.
You don't nerf it and purposely break it, and you don't go buffing the other guys guns, you just don't put a lot of them in, and you have to be careful on giving the other guy extra guns because they will be used on things besides the Tiger II, you dont wanna create a reverse situation.

Balancing the game is probably a huge headache

7 hours ago, ratzilla said:

you saying this is another "lack of leadership" problem? like every other issue the game has, leadership and teamwork will fix it and everyone's playing the game wrong?

in 4 years i've seen "Organized tankers" about a dozen times.

beyond marking there's nothing to organize us, everything in the chat bar is drowned out in noise and VOIP is not universal. the game is not built for teamwork, the only reliable teamwork tool is marking (which the panny avoids with it's silence)

1 person likes this

Ever read up on the Pnzjgr1?

Not very stellar service record to be all honest. Profile to tall. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerjäger_I

https://www.google.com/amp/www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Panzerjager_I.php/amp/

Don't get me wrong , in game it will do just fine and will serve us well. 

It be intressting how CRS will incorporate it in game with the crew functions.

14 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Ever read up on the Pnzjgr1?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerjäger_I

https://www.google.com/amp/www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Panzerjager_I.php/amp/

Don't get me wrong , in game it will do just fine and will serve us well. 

It be intressting how CRS will incorporate it in game with the crew functions.

It'll do fine. 

Go look up the whacky lafflies stats this map...you'll laugh.  (they were way better the last map that lasted over 7 days lol)

On 11/9/2017 at 7:37 AM, dre21 said:

Its profile is 2 feet shorter than the DAC almost.
In game it should do well, i'd think.

On 11/9/2017 at 7:53 AM, Mosizlak said:

Go look up the whacky lafflies stats

They are beast, provided you are early to the set up and patient. But they not terribly good at shoot and displace due to gun being in the back.
Show up too late is what a lot of people do, and die while getting turned around.

For Vas
AlliedsGoHome.jpg

1 person likes this