• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
krazydog

Too many AOs on the map

31 posts in this topic

In my opinion for what is might be worth.

Has anyone thought about the new players side switching or even the vets? Game players control the game not just ao's if some see the map is going one direction - oh hey let's change sides. Many don't like being on the losing side they get frustrated with it and head over to the other side. I have seen it just like everyone else has. How many times have you been towing a at gun only to see it's gone right after I drop it. Only to have the same person that moved to the losing side come back and get kills even on the guy towing. So 2 things is people that take advantage of being able to spawn in on the low popped side right away and kill others they just left. And like I mentioned the ones that only like being on the winning side. I am only able to play 2 - 3 hours in the evening and I have seen it for years being done.  Players control our game first and ao's second.  Salute

Edited by playtime
1 person likes this

15 hours ago, david01 said:

This problem could be fixed if AOs were set automatically by player population near a town. No more setting 3 AOs, leaving one nearly empty and then shuffling pop to it to surprise the defender before he can spawn in which seems to be the grand strategy meta now. That would remove the HC officer though, so it's not going to happen.

No big guild or online gaming group is ever moving to this game, and if they did they'd leave quickly. The game forces them to be pawns and the devs are openly opposed on principle to some basic group features present in other MMOs like private missions. Also no squad that grew from the existing playerbase  here can sustain itself unless they take my advice and play for themselves instead of the map. You get tossed around in bad/boring AOs repeatedly and before you know it you only have 5-10 people logging in on a good night.

I have Concerns over separating direction of AO placement from TOES organisation 

It’s like going on a bus journey but letting the passengers drive

19 hours ago, david01 said:

No big guild or online gaming group is ever moving to this game, and if they did they'd leave quickly. The game forces them to be pawns 

no big guild or online gaming PVP Game offers the paradoxical open flexibility (player created content / decisions on huge map, 3 wings, go where you want, strategic overlay)  and system rigidity (cap the flag, AOs, etc)  of wwiiol - that's the fundamental issue in the game - and thats why before HC and Aos the big squads of a certain character thrived somewhat.  

big guilds are also pawns in other games - preset maps, preset missions, preset dungeons, linear progression, get the gear, level up, kill the boss.  the challenge here was and is to find the most playable satisfying balance for the biggest number of players as John Stuart Mills might have put it. 

the "mission activity" bar needs to be tweaked.

nobody knew cause pop was soo low since steam

player made manuals and tutorial improvements are badly needed, just simple stuff like what XXXX is and it's purpose [XXXX = FB/FMS/CP/Depot/Flag/etc] and how to get to a mission.

they were brought up a few times over the years but the rats either didn't see or don't care.

TZ3 is down to 1 AO again. If US prime goes down to 2 AOs, and that becomes the peak again then things will be normal and this problem is going to mitigate itself.

12 minutes ago, david01 said:

TZ3 is down to 1 AO again. If US prime goes down to 2 AOs, and that becomes the peak again then things will be normal and this problem is going to mitigate itself.

um it is tuesday night, work family etc