Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Make Intermission Useful

zimmer

The complexity of this game's nuances is not easy to grasp. I've tried multiple times to get new players to respond to my PMs only to have them die of fright. What is so hard about.......enter .r enter???? Communication is key to playing, not just shooting the foe. My proposal here is that during intermission, HC along with the CRS staff organize time (whatever it takes) to teach the basics to the new players. Start announcing a boot camp before the next intermission to try and get as many new players to attend as possible. The game might even be suspended to do this. New players get frustrated, veterans get frustrated......it needs dealt with. The game needs new players, but they also need to stay.  I do hope you consider this.......the one player who stayed with me for about an hour, just on basic stuff found it to be most helpful........do this on a mass scale.

Good Luck to all.

zimm out

• 2 weeks later...

It's certainly not a terrible idea @zimmer.  I'm not sure how this can be done from a CRS level, but certainly there can be a community run event (at least) where we help new players learn the ins and outs of the game.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, Dwalin said:

It's certainly not a terrible idea @zimmer.  I'm not sure how this can be done from a CRS level, but certainly there can be a community run event (at least) where we help new players learn the ins and outs of the game.

Thanks.

When this was posted, I realized it was a very long shot. IIRC it wasn't such a problem in the past because we had a lot of squads who would absorb newbies and teach them. Things have changed, so some different thinking needed to be done. Unprecedented for sure but this problem had never seen this scale of green tags since the beginning.  So I just thought of trying to stay a bit ahead of the curve, so to speak.

I wonder if people remember buying games at the store years ago. They came with manuals, they gave way to tutorials (and they are usually pretty bad) so a lot of learning had to be first hand. In this game, IMHO, you need a real guide because of the nuances I alluded to.      Well, nuff said.

zimm out

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-11-05 at 9:05 AM, zimmer said:

The complexity of this game's nuances is not easy to grasp. I've tried multiple times to get new players to respond to my PMs only to have them die of fright. What is so hard about.......enter .r enter???? Communication is key to playing, not just shooting the foe. My proposal here is that during intermission, HC along with the CRS staff organize time (whatever it takes) to teach the basics to the new players. Start announcing a boot camp before the next intermission to try and get as many new players to attend as possible. The game might even be suspended to do this. New players get frustrated, veterans get frustrated......it needs dealt with. The game needs new players, but they also need to stay.  I do hope you consider this.......the one player who stayed with me for about an hour, just on basic stuff found it to be most helpful........do this on a mass scale.

Good Luck to all.

zimm out

And if they attend boot camp new players get points for rank !!!! perhaps ftp players get one week all in no cost.

mb

:)

S!

15 hours ago, Elfin said:

And if they attend boot camp new players get points for rank !!!! perhaps ftp players get one week all in no cost.

mb

:)

S!

Points are a bummer for my way of thinking. If a person wants to get a leg up in the game, that is reward enough because knowledge is power and the time spent with them is their reward also. Plus the fact that the effort was made to disseminate the information.

zimm out