imded

FMS upgrade needed

8 posts in this topic

It is too easy to camp an FMS. It is wide open on one side.

So a mound of dirt by the opening or some other thing that doesn't stand out.

And shrink the inside some and make the opening smaller by moving it to the left or right and not as wide.

This will offer more protection. Keep in mind the atg and aaa need to be able to move away from the FMS bunker.

Decrease the overall size of the bunker by 25% and paint the front wall with OD Green paint.

1 person likes this

Maybe add some bushes to the sides. Or have it so an engy (or someone else) can gather some bushes from surrounding shrubs.

They would last 1 hour after cutting them from the original bush. So, with this method give you more camo for the FMS.

The original bush would not go away as you would be trimming it in a way, so to speak.

Gathering bush branches should be relatively quick. Each action should take 30 seconds to gather and same to place.

I'd find it more interesting to just let engies build bushes in general.  Could you imagine putting camo on a tank so it could hide in the bushes as it fired on the enemy?  Just so long as it wasn't super easy to create a whole forest of bushes to cover the advance of troops.  Maybe you'd HAVE to place it on tanks/FMS/ATGs, not just on the ground.

33 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

Bushes don't stop bullets...Hard cover is what's needed.

Very much so. The world needs cover and clutter to increase survivability 

Cover and Concealment...the 2 C's essential to survival. It would be nice if we got some rocks or maybe the occasional cottage or barn we could set up in. Although I will say the buildable structures and the occasional rockwall has been helpful.

1 hour ago, Pittpete said:

Bushes don't stop bullets...Hard cover is what's needed.

I use vasduten for that.

They may be easy to camp, but they're bloody hard to destroy with HE. I plastered one with a whole load of 75mm l.24 HE - it stayed up! As far as the "ease of camping" is concerned, the simple fact is that the're not meant to be a stand-alone fortress, but one that can survive in an integrated local defense. IE, of you hold a tank back from the FMS, and that tank can survive, then in all likelihood the FMS will too, as the tank can kill ei sappers/engies  trying to take it down.

In my view they should be a little easier to destroy, say 5-8 rounds of 75mm HE or direct AP fire of 57mm and up, p'raps  9-14 rounds or so?