barbiere

HC please help our!!

34 posts in this topic

I wonder why there are no new players. It's a miracle. So we can't break out despite being 6vs1 brigs at one point, defence will be all softcaps during the next hours, not even fb is there to spawn in. Never seen a more skewed game. 

1 hour ago, ebert100 said:

I wonder why there are no new players. It's a miracle. So we can't break out despite being 6vs1 brigs at one point, defence will be all softcaps during the next hours, not even fb is there to spawn in. Never seen a more skewed game. 

I was just in there - plenty of FB's - German HC was actively directing players to the town that'll  snap some of the allied push, and I personally was at a FB (along with several others both at my fb and other FB's).  And oh by the way Germans are over pop - at times by a decent number of players (both by percent and number). 

Pop statistics do not tell the whole story:   Need a stat to show the player population in game for players who have been playing the game more than one month.  

Its really only the veterans who react to strategic problems on the map.

Maybe sides are balanced sometiimes in numbers, but if one side has a majority of vets playing, and the other side is 95 pct green tags - then its really not a balanced situation.

Edited by krazydog

Not sure where its going wrong for Axis at present. Dont get into game anywhere near amount of time i did when i previously played the game (married in that time and just only get a couple of hours here and there) but they seem nicely organised defense wise whenever i get on. Last night was solid defense of Sittard and Druten.

yet seem to log in next day and places collapsed with little gain...........must just be a wee period of timezone each day where it just ain't happening, although think Axis attacks need more teamwork, always log in mostly on defense.....but that could be as map has a defense only outlook at present for axis.

ah well......it always had spells of one side struggling, then switches, Axis just need to dig in deep defence right now and try and hold map until later tiers come in and people switch over a bit.

3 hours ago, krazydog said:

Pop statistics do not tell the whole story:   Need a stat to show the player population in game for players who have been playing the game more than one month.  

Its really only the veterans who react to strategic problems on the map.

Maybe sides are balanced sometiimes in numbers, but if one side has a majority of vets playing, and the other side is 95 pct green tags - then its really not a balanced situation.

I've seen missions that were 80% or more greentags and rank 2s, it's a bad sign when someone unironically says "Everything is fine, in fact you're overpop so you should be doing well :p"

Most of the playerbase doesn't even have enough rank to spawn the tanks they need to properly counter the tanks that spawn on defense and camp the FMS.

2 hours ago, bigdavej said:

Not sure where its going wrong for Axis at present. Dont get into game anywhere near amount of time i did when i previously played the game (married in that time and just only get a couple of hours here and there) but they seem nicely organised defense wise whenever i get on. Last night was solid defense of Sittard and Druten.

yet seem to log in next day and places collapsed with little gain...........must just be a wee period of timezone each day where it just ain't happening, although think Axis attacks need more teamwork, always log in mostly on defense.....but that could be as map has a defense only outlook at present for axis.

Defense is easy. With a little leadership and HC not falling asleep anyone can organize a solid defense. It's the attack that is suffering right now because of the worst light ATG and light AA in the game, the lack of vets to spawn and tow the guns that actually work, the lack of veterans to do anything else really. The FMS are easier than ever to camp and shut down due to the 1:30 build time. Oh and DB7s just suiciding in to FMS and pressing the jettison key to destroy them. Weak axis attack potential means that the allies can snake far more and far riskier than was possible before.

Edited by david01

The vets are tired...

Nobody from my squad has really been on in the last two weeks, either, so I tag along with others. Still... Discord is mostly empty on a Friday night?

It's not "greentags" so much as it's vets not logging in to create content.

Plenty of vets are playing Allied, and they drag the greenies along with them. Stop with the "It's because we have all the greentags!!!" nonsense. It's the same issue it's always been -low pop, and one side is lucky enough to have a few big sqauds playing right now in organized attacks or defenses and the other is just going to be stuck in turtle mode until more squads log in and get something cooking.

It's back to pre-steam-release stuff... only with a smattering of greenies.

Don't be blaming the greentags -it's not their fault or their issue.

Remember that because we've been playing this game for a decade or so the extra mouse clicks and having to navigate the UI just becomes "part of it" for us. For new players... it's daunting and confusing and a real PITA. So... they don't bother. They can just go play another game and not have to go through a 2 yr degree program to know the ins and outs of this game.

Chit needs to be streamilned and pop needs to be balanced. 

FTP should be side locked for a campaign... and at the LEAST the map should be divided into sectors where pop is balanced out area to area so nobody has to side switch to balance an area of contention out.

Edited by vasduten1
2 people like this

i predicted it months ago that the steam release would be way too early. many severe bugs not fixed. broken game mechanics. equipment imbalance. removal of old fru and switch to bunker. and many other reasons ...

5 minutes ago, undercova said:

i predicted it months ago that the steam release would be way too early. many severe bugs not fixed. broken game mechanics. equipment imbalance. removal of old fru and switch to bunker. and many other reasons ...

A lot of people did, myself included. Know what though? This is not our circus; these are not our monkeys. We don't get to say how CRS proceeds.

Aside from just saying you told us so... anything to contribute?

Edited by vasduten1
1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, david01 said:

DB7s just suiciding in to FMS and pressing the jettison key to destroy them.

Huge dumbness on CRS's part. Suiciding needed fixing years ago. It's a subscription destroyer.

8 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Huge dumbness on CRS's part. Suiciding needed fixing years ago. It's a subscription destroyer.

With three or less FMS on an attack, and it being so difficult to setup a decent FMS on live AO it's a no-brainer. Any commander would sacrifice a few bombers to save a town or kill the other side's momentum. Also a bit easier than suiciding a stuka in to a tank (I'm still not sure why that hasn't become the meta yet).

A lot of rule changes taken together made it easier to defend, but also made it easier to roll the map. The late-night lowpop map rolls are gone, but because it's so easy to shut down attacks it's much harder to cut off. I think it started last night when the allies capped Aachen and the axis couldn't even begin to close a one-town gap and cut it off.

I think that the FMS needs to be built in like 15-20 seconds like the other PPOs, and it doesn't need a cooldown. I also think that the FBs need to have their hitpoints reverted for non-AOs. There's very little opportunity to switch momentum now.

59 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Not as bad a sub-killer as the UI and all of the nonsense that comes with.

Or the graphics.

Or the camping.

Or forcing people to use a chat box... LOL

Or making the entire experience so difficult that it takes a year to understand basic gameplay and find action... and not spawn in the middle of nowhere or at some FB somewhere so they can pop smoke, ruin the FB bust and then get yelled at. 

I hopped into Dungeons and Dragons Online with some friends last year and within a day I was champing at the bit to get to higher level quests and pay the sub.

This game lures people in for MMOFPS gameplay and gives them a UI from 2005 that causes carpal tunnel syndrome.

1 person likes this

The campaign is a disaster overall. Vets have no way to guide the masses of greentags. Greentags try to do the sensible thing from their perspective, which is hop on a truck and ride to a town to capture it but they have no idea that the town needs an AO, that driving from the FB is a bad idea, or that there are vets with literally thousands of hours in this game sitting in top-tier tanks waiting for them.

I just watched a group of greentags assemble from a FB to try and attack Vianden despite there not being an AO. After getting bombed strafed a few times they drove in to waiting tanks. They repeated this for a few times. HC pulling the AO, messaging in chat, or the repeated automatic warnings from system to "return to base" do nothing. HC is overworked and once they mess up it's GG for the map.

Edited by david01

Today I left town a to go blow a forward base in my laffy  I pull out of the army base take a right on the main drag get into the left lane because there's an opal in the right lane driving into town of course there was no AO  so I just ignored him and went about my way on the way out to the forward base the one I was going to blow there were two other Opels, and the really crazy thing was that the forward base I was going to blow lead to a town that had no brigade in it, in fact  there wasn't an axis brigade  anywhere near the town I left from  so those Opels drove for an insanely long way to a town with no attack objective, and I passed them by like two ships passing in Broad day light...

I heard talk of some sort of YouTube video that could briefly cover some of these aspects of the game and I don't know if anything is been done about it but it would certainly be a good idea if there were some links to them on the steam site to act or some sort of a primer for the game

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, brady said:

I heard talk of some sort of YouTube video that could briefly cover some of these aspects of the game and I don't know if anything is been done about it but it would certainly be a good idea if there were some links to them on the steam site to act or some sort of a primer for the game

Game needs 30-2:30 youtube videos each covering the basic stuff like how to blow a FB, how/why to tow a gun or the town capture process. That sort of thing takes seconds to watch but is very difficult to explain via a chat box. Nearly all the youtube tutorials I've seen are too old or too long. They need to be short.

The Game is over complicated for newer players.

The Mission making system is an abomination.

The UI is an unfriendly click fest.

It's unfortunate that so many new players probably leave and never experience how great the game could be.

2 people like this

Last time I logged in there were 75% green tags on the axis side. 

They were all attacking a town (running from the FB) that had no AO on it. It was pulled over an hour before yet they kept zerging towards town and getting slaughtered. 

25+ green tags just wasting supply. 

Checked air brigades and no stukas hardly anywhere to be found. For some INSANE reason stukas are allowed to be spawned by rank1 players. All the do is crash into trees with them, and if by some miracle they get airborne they are slaughtered.  Why is the German's only CAS aircraft in the 1st 2 tiers able to be wasted by green tags?  Sure, Allied green tags waste their blens, but that's all the blen is good for. No serious allied flyer (hahaha arcade flyer) uses the blens. 

The tutorial shows new players NOTHING about the game except how to move their infantry guy. Nothing about AOs. Nothing about CPs or how to capture. Nothing about FBs. Nothing that matters except how to run into combat and get killed. 

Rats fumbled the Steam release like DOC was at the controls again. Never should have been released with the resolution bug and the god awful tutorial. 

Go ahead, delete this....lol

50 minutes ago, moe5000 said:

Last time I logged in there were 75% green tags on the axis side. 

They were all attacking a town (running from the FB) that had no AO on it. It was pulled over an hour before yet they kept zerging towards town and getting slaughtered. 

25+ green tags just wasting supply. 

Checked air brigades and no stukas hardly anywhere to be found. For some INSANE reason stukas are allowed to be spawned by rank1 players. All the do is crash into trees with them, and if by some miracle they get airborne they are slaughtered.  Why is the German's only CAS aircraft in the 1st 2 tiers able to be wasted by green tags?  Sure, Allied green tags waste their blens, but that's all the blen is good for. No serious allied flyer (hahaha arcade flyer) uses the blens. 

The tutorial shows new players NOTHING about the game except how to move their infantry guy. Nothing about AOs. Nothing about CPs or how to capture. Nothing about FBs. Nothing that matters except how to run into combat and get killed. 

Rats fumbled the Steam release like DOC was at the controls again. Never should have been released with the resolution bug and the god awful tutorial. 

Go ahead, delete this....lol

One thing I noticed about the tutorial was that it taught the player how to use page up/down to set range on your rifle, and how to melee with the knife. Years of playing and I've only rarely adjusted range increments on the rifle, and knifing is suicidal because of how buggy the hit detection is. Range is important for mortars but that's it. So they get what's essentially minutiae but nothing about how a normal battle progresses. They aren't told how strong the defender is, and how important it is to attack with surprise or overwhelming force. I knew everything and it still took 12 minutes of clicking to get through the tutorial.

I think a quick scripted event showing a truck building a FMS, showing an ATG kill a tank, show a 360° view of a depot building and bunker, then tossing them in to a mission screen would be better at this point. It would have been great if HC could tag a mission and put it to the top of active battles.

On 11/11/2017 at 10:36 AM, jwilly said:

How exactly is THAT a subscription destroyer?  "Oh noze! You suicided. I'm canceling my subscription because you suicided!!"  Really?

1 person likes this

On 11/11/2017 at 11:37 AM, vasduten1 said:

Not as bad a sub-killer as the UI and all of the nonsense that comes with.

Or the graphics.

Or the camping.

Or forcing people to use a chat box... LOL

Or making the entire experience so difficult that it takes a year to understand basic gameplay and find action... and not spawn in the middle of nowhere or at some FB somewhere so they can pop smoke, ruin the FB bust and then get yelled at. 

I hopped into Dungeons and Dragons Online with some friends last year and within a day I was champing at the bit to get to higher level quests and pay the sub.

This game lures people in for MMOFPS gameplay and gives them a UI from 2005 that causes carpal tunnel syndrome.

That's good. lol... I really liked the last one. But you forgot the most important one. PoP BALANCE. CRS will continue to fail until they fix this game killing issue

1 person likes this

Just now, lipton said:

That's good. lol... I really liked the last one. But you forgot the most important one. PoP BALANCE. CRS will continue to fail until they fix this game killing issue

Axis has been overpop plenty of times this campaign yet it's getting its [censored] kicked because most of the population is greentags. Numbers aren't everything in this game and flooding a side with raw numbers actually harms things because brigades get drained via bad spawns and missions. No large squads left and one overworked HC officer per AO (or less) is far more important that pop.

If a side is getting beat, with evenish pop, even if that pop is more green tags, then I'll still take that as a win.

For as much as I disagree with lip about everything he posts, I do agree pop balance is key.

I don't mind some pop imbalance, in fact Ii think it is good for game, what I don't like is the extreme imbalance.

I'm not even sure we even get that anymore, or how to define it (3 to 1?,  2 to 1?  3 to 2?)  I just know at some point the over pop side should not be allowed to have more players. (at least in game)

If say the sides never go beyond 3 to 2, and axis is losing because of more rookies, then I'd say that is acceptable.  Hey, in 5-10 maps we'll be strong once they learn.

But if axis is losing because of 3 to 1 or 2 to 1 odds in game, then that should be remedied.

Edited by delems

When I used to play the game 7 odd years back imbalance was always there, think it will never fully go.

but it sort've balanced up as Axis usually dominated euro time and Allies US time. Sundays were big for both sides.

youd be willing to doggedly defend through week as you knew an attack op was possible next day or weekend.

currently see Allies still have this, but seems gone with  Axis. Defence is still ok, slacked at present but think Axis players getting sick of defending, but we need to get some sortve attack period somewhere