Ltarflak

S! to all veterans

7 posts in this topic

I salute to all the vets that have served this country, from the fields of great Britain to the beaches on Normandy, we will never forget those who fought for this country wrong or right. you guys have answered the call of duty to protect this country. I still think that the vets that came back from Vietnam should have gotten a better welcome then being spit on and called names for something they had to do.  I salute ALL the vets that have protected and served our country, thank you veterans and thank you to all my brothers and sisters that couldn't be here today because they died protecting our country. 

S! 

2 people like this

Thank you for the sentiment. Now, call your Congressman and Senator and tell them that every 80 minutes a veteran commits suicide, and one in 20 are homeless. Vets need access to quality treatment, affordable housing and REAL employment and educational opportunities. Stop the GI Bill benefit cuts; raising the interest rates on Federal Student Loans for Veterans; slashing GI Housing Loans; and increase funding for the VA Health system. Any one of these would be a sincere "Thank you for your service" rather than the political platitudes exuding from Capital Hill.

S!

3 people like this