blkhwk8

1.36 Vital Questions

63 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, brady said:

Basically

The present system In theory works to focus all the players into a few fights so that those fights are populated, In theory.

Actually the AO system is meant to spread out the fighting a bit so the 128 player visability limit and lag from server load stay managable. That's why when you have a heavily populated attack/defense on on spot on the map you get anamolies. That is why more AOs become available as population grows

47 minutes ago, victorys said:

When will the vital answers be out ?

I am not sure, as I want to give everyone a chance to chime in. I will speak with CRS on what I have and try to update the original post with answer I do get.

In addition, it caters to a portion of our customer base that is concerned with the complete withdrawal of some moveable supply. We feel strongly that the player base as a whole will get behind this.

1. What problems will a hybrid brigade system solve? It's still going to require skilled HC on 24/7.

2. Just how many people are there that enjoy moving flags?

6 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

Q: Will the Axis get a scout car that can actually kill an Allied medium tank?

T: It's important to balance mobility into the equation here when deciding on spawn lists.

Q: Can truck audio be looked at?

T: Trucks are so darned loud. Why? 

1zcqtp.jpg

Let's try and keep the questions on target as I won't be discussing new equipment or fixes like this at this time. Depending on how well this  goes maybe they will let me organize other topics of discussion.

This will be for the game mechanics of 1.36 pertaining to Flags, Town Based Supply and HC.

BTW, I agree on truck sounds

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, david01 said:

1. What problems will a hybrid brigade system solve? It's still going to require skilled HC on 24/7.

Good questions, I personally enjoy running the map and moving flags, but believe we need to adapt to current needs. 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, blkhwk8 said:

Actually the AO system is meant to spread out the fighting a bit so the 128 player visability limit and lag from server load stay managable. That's why when you have a heavily populated attack/defense on on spot on the map you get anamolies. That is why more AOs become available as population grows

Actually he had it right.  The AO is meant to coallese players into a few spots, making for larger, more populated battles.

The recommendation for AO placement is to spread them out a bit so as to mitigate the visual and processing effects of having close in side bet side AO (max visnlimit, lag, etc).   However that is only a recommendation and HC's can place wherever.

2 hours ago, david01 said:

1) it will allow for variability within the map vs. A static same supply everytime one way to victory (Which is what the game was pre to&e).    Depending on how many, and what supply is in the flags they could be used as a bonus supply for attacks but not be uber deadly if they get bumped back.

2) under the current system where the risk of failure means pissing off the player base and losing huge swaths of the map - not many.  Under a system where this is supply in a town regardless of flag, but the flag can be a supply bonus - more.

1 person likes this

Q: Will hybrid flags be able to move around independently of 1 another? Would make HC job 95% easier. Aka no sister brg needed in/next to town.

Q: Will we be able to set fallback of flags with ".ne brigade town" type of command?

Q: Will hybrid flags remove link between orbat and supply? (please do)

Edited by monsjoex

@blkhwk8 All these questions (except the italicized one) are Allied-specific and might be better organized into their own subsection.

Premise:  The Allies have multiple countries.  I assume the remaining movable brigades will be country specific, like they are now.  But what about the town supply?

Q:  Will AHC have some control over which countries are garrisoned in towns immediately after capture?

Q:  If the Allies lose ground, what determines what country will be garrisoned as the 2-town deep garrison line changes?  

Q:  How quickly will newly garrisoned towns generate their supply lists?

Q:  Will AHC be able to swap garrisons from one country to another, after the garrisons have been deployed?

Q:  Is there a hard limit on the percentage of French/British/American garrisons?  

Q:  Will Airforce and Navy brigades remain, or is their supply being completely switched to town-based?

Q:  If Airforce and Navy are moving to town-supply, then how will the multiple Allied countries affect Airfields and Docks?  Will Airfields/Docks have a blended list from all the countries, or will they be country specific?  If they are country specific, will they be transferable from one country to another?

Edited by Capco
1 person likes this

Hybrid seems to be way too complicated.

Let's return to the basic like we had pre-TOEs for the next 11yearzzzzzzz.

Edited by matamor

Q. How many flags will there be?

Q. Will the volunteer oic function be enabled? Will there be an override function for HC to kick an oic who goes afk?

Q. Will the current bounce/route mechanics remain?

Q. Will there still be a differing back/front movement timers?

Q. Will there be any stacking limits?

Q. Will there be any new risks/rewards associated with flags being frontline?

Q. Will routed flags still be able to reappear anywhere on the map with no warning?

Q. Will garrisons contain the full spectrum of available supply?

Q. Is there going to be any ability to make the garrison or flag supply automatically scaleable to population numbers? (I think I just had a good idea - make flags single use only. ie, when they are empty they are removed from the map, the new flags only enter when pop level triggers it. Number of flags based on enemy pop over x period.... Needs more thought but could be interesting.)

Q. Will there still be armoured flags? Any other differences? Especially interesting wrt to whether allies have integrated supply.

Q. Could there be a variety of garrison types to choose from? Set by HC, a defensive or attacking line up perhaps?

5 hours ago, blkhwk8 said:

Let's try and keep the questions on target as I won't be discussing new equipment or fixes like this at this time. Depending on how well this  goes maybe they will let me organize other topics of discussion.

This will be for the game mechanics of 1.36 pertaining to Flags, Town Based Supply and HC.

BTW, I agree on truck sounds

Ah, I was hoping that a truck audio fix would be part of the 1.36 patch. I didn't realize this was only supposed to be about flag/supply/hc.

My question about how supply comes in once a town is captured still stands.

Trickle? Slow?

Heavy units last?

No Worries Vasduten. This question and answer does not pertain to the entire 1.36 patch as there may be other elements in the patch, I figured this was a good way to start and get the game mechanic questions answered.

O- Now I get it, so part of the reason we have had to wait so long for all that new kit...

Why go to all the trouble of adding it to the existing TOE when it’s all going to be trashed soon anyway…

So the sooner this is all implemented the sooner we can get new kit…

Will the work that is being done on the HE and ballistics audit be included with 1.36 or sooner?

Edited by bmw
1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, bmw said:

Will the work that is being done on the HE and ballistics audit be included with 1.36 or sooner?

LKZXjvq.gif

I'm a parrot.

1 person likes this

Hi,

I'm liking almost all of the answers so far. Could not ask for much more a this stage. Thanks again @blkhwk8 for taking the time to organize everything! Thanks to all of you working hard at CRS! @XOOM, I admire your effort, skill and daring.

Full Speed Ahead,

S!

10 hours ago, brady said:

-So in the future the only way into HC will be if you in a squad?

no 

What's the point of spending time creating a new brigade system if it's still going to require HC officers online 24/7 to manage supplies?

2 hours ago, david01 said:

What's the point of spending time creating a new brigade system if it's still going to require HC officers online 24/7 to manage supplies?

This has already been answered.  The hybrid system does not require 24/7 HC coverage.  The movable brigades are strictly supplemental.  

Even in a situation where one side had no HC online for the entire length of the campaign, they could still be victors in the hybrid system.  The reality is the exact opposite of what you are saying.  

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Capco said:

This has already been answered.  The hybrid system does not require 24/7 HC coverage.  The movable brigades are strictly supplemental.  

Even in a situation where one side had no HC online for the entire length of the campaign, they could still be victors in the hybrid system.  The reality is the exact opposite of what you are saying.  

Do you know the coming spawn list and rules of the town garrisons and HC brigades?

On 11/14/2017 at 10:34 PM, brady said:

O- Now I get it, so part of the reason we have had to wait so long for all that new kit...

Why go to all the trouble of adding it to the existing TOE when it’s all going to be trashed soon anyway…

So the sooner this is all implemented the sooner we can get new kit…

Systems guys are not modelling guys.  AOs and flags and supply are systems.

They will have to redo the spawnlists in totality, both flags and towns, but I doubt very much that they are linked that much, other then they likely won't want to alter the models at the start of 1. 36 if they aren't ready.

Edited by Kilemall