• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Blkhwk8

1.36 Vital Questions

226 posts in this topic

Are there plans to limit stacking of the moveable units to prevents all moveable units being concentrated in one push/arrowhead?

4 hours ago, Silky said:

Are there plans to limit stacking of the moveable units to prevents all moveable units being concentrated in one push/arrowhead?

I haven't seen any talk about.

I can't actually decide if it would be a bad thing to allow, it could make for some interesting maps.

8 hours ago, Nick said:

I haven't seen any talk about.

I can't actually decide if it would be a bad thing to allow, it could make for some interesting maps.

It’s going to depend on the trickle timer for newly visible garrisons 

Questions:

Q: Garrisons Will follow flag mechanic and if you lose the ABs the flag is kicked? (in this case "deactivated")

Q: In case of a YES to previous question and you see your flag deactivated, Will you be able to create missions on linked depots to your other garrisoned towns with their supply?

Q: When is the Garrison supply in the 2nd line towns created? When you lose the ABs or when you lose the town?

Q: Will FBs be active between 1st line towns and 2nd line towns or just when ABs are lost? I asume Garrisons Will be able to use FBs

Q: Will Air/Sea Garrisons be able to use FBs?

Q: Will Garrisons be able to set fms to another town just when that objetive town is AOed/contested as HQs do now? I name this due to mass infantry overstock options while in peace time which would be a mistake to allow.

Better late then never.  Now figure out how all the squad leaders still above ground are going to convince their old friends to come back one more time to try it out, so many have passed since we ruled this place every weekend like our lives depended on it.  Xoom don't quit bro, ur on the right path.

1 person likes this

I watch the 1.36 Trailer.

Did CRS put really german factorys direct near north from Antwerp? 

Did we have soon 10 min easy Bombing from Antwerp soon?

When yes, why German factorys in netherland? Thats again any real History?

14 minutes ago, sajuk said:

I watch the 1.36 Trailer.

Did CRS put really german factorys direct near north from Antwerp? 

Did we have soon 10 min easy Bombing from Antwerp soon?

When yes, why German factorys in netherland? Thats again any real History?

No, not yes.
There are no RDP factories in the Nederlands currently.

If you see something Named German Production Facility #, then it is RDP, otherwise, no.

Now, that being said, on Germany's invasion of the Nederlands
they did acquire control of the Royal Dutch Shell refinery, and the Cargill Processing and Refining plant, at their respective locations.

@ Merlin 

I dont wrote anything about that we have know any RDP facility in the Nederlands. So i know that we have here atm no facility.

Again in the new 1.36 Trailer on time 24:10 i sea many RDP facility north of Antwerp.

Did you put soon in 1.36 RDP facility near north of Antwerp?

2 minutes ago, sajuk said:

@ Merlin 

I dont wrote anything about that we have know any RDP facility in the Nederlands. So i know that we have here atm no facility.

Again in the new 1.36 Trailer on time 24:10 i sea many RDP facility north of Antwerp.

Did you put soon in 1.36 RDP facility near north of Antwerp?

No, it is as i noted above.
What you are seeing is not RDP.

In den Niederlanden, zwei industrieanlagen
aber nicht RDP
verarbeitung von Cargill Ölen und Royal Dutch Shell aber nicht RDP

I think the high command is important, the structure should be left alone. Making the HC have less importance I feel is a bad idea 

1 person likes this

Will or will not their be navy and air infantry personnel at ports and AFs ?

If not, how come?  (ports and airfields didn't have any troops assigned to them?)

And I will be very disappointed if not.  Where can one spawn navy infantry then?

8 hours ago, delems said:

Will or will not their be navy and air infantry personnel at ports and AFs ?

If not, how come?  (ports and airfields didn't have any troops assigned to them?)

And I will be very disappointed if not.  Where can one spawn navy infantry then?

Every Airfield, Docks and Deep Water Port will have an Army Persona Garrison.

*** Every Airfield, Docks and Deep Water Port will have an Army Persona Garrison.

So the answer is no?  There will be no navy and air force troops?

Every port and AF should have a platoon of Navy and Air infantry imo.

4x squads composed of 9 rifles and 1 SMG.

1x HQ composed of 1 SMG, 2x LMG and 2x rifle.

1x weapons team composed of 1 each: sniper, engr, mortar, ATR, sapper.

This would make 50 troops - most all rifles.  And give players the opportunity to spawn navy or air infantry.

Also, how many DD and FMB will be at ports?

No more than 6 DD per deep and 12 FMB per shallow I hope?

Way to many DDs in supply on map atm.

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, delems said:

Also, how many DD and FMB will be at ports?

No more than 6 DD per deep and 12 FMB per shallow I hope?

Way to many DDs in supply on map atm.

I agree - The ability of air or sea forces to meanfully attrition an enemy naval force is almost nonexistent. Of all forces, there should be very limited numbers of naval units to reflect the high cost and low numbers of warships in comparison to other areas of the wargame. Through careful use of naval and air units it should be possible to win a naval battle and not have to worry about an almost infinite number of DD/FMB spawns at a harbour. 

I used to enjoy flying coastal anti-shipping almost exclusively until I found out how difficult it was to effect meaningful losses on enemy supply. 

1.36, in my opinion, is mainly about changing the way we deal with supply. Supply should be valuable and difficult to replace in order to encourage smart play and realism on the field. While some will complain about not having X available at Y all the time, that is part of a wargame and should be part of WW2OL. You fight with that you have and what you plan for, not with what you want all the time. 

When supply cannot be warped in to fix everything players will have to pay attention to losses - although like in the naval post above - this system also needs to have reasonable numbers to begin with. Air supply for one I hope is limited to a few squadrons per AF to avoid the exact same problem of nearly limitless air supply. 

1 person likes this

What Heer divisions will be on map?  Which ones specifically?

Would ask KM, but it don't matter :(, as they have no infantry.

Why are there even navy moveable flags on the map?

Just use the garrison flags....

Also, simply ludicrous to put 25 DDs in a garrison flag, 5 or 6 is plenty.

The idea is not to have unlimited DDs, but to actually have to use them well.

Edited by delems

I still don't understand why we can't have 1 platoon of navy and air troops at each port and AF?

Keep it very simple:

37 bolt rifles, 5 SMG, 4 LMG, 1 mortar, 1 sniper, 1 engr, 1 ATR, 1 sapper, 6 trucks

Just a basic platoon of infantry for each port/AF.

That's it, nothing else.  No AA, ATG, or other vehicles.  No reserve, no DLC, no italy and no tier progression.

Aren't you happy Delems?  Correct me if I'm wrong but you aren't facing the gimped Zees Navy brigades anymore, you can lay on a hurting with a spawnable and Zees towns are on an equal footing with coastal towns so Zees aren't so vulnerable without extra divisions and can reasonably attack onto the mainland.

Are you that dependent on Naval Infantry to generate boat rank?

Nope, not happy.

Our squad was a navy infantry squad.  Key part there, navy.

We spawn navy infantry all the time when can; and use army only when navy not available.

For new players yes, that is a concern; they'll never rank up to get a destroyer.

Regarding army flags in Zees, think it is great, should provide more action.

But I still want to defend those towns with navy infantry.....

Edited by delems

I haven't looked, are the heavy tank filters still in place for the Zees?

24 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

I haven't looked, are the heavy tank filters still in place for the Zees?

For the garrisons they are.  I haven't seen a flag up there yet though but I would assume it's the same for flags as well.