hastien

Air Equipment

3 posts in this topic

S!  Rats and All

I have seen a lot of Aircraft here in the last few campaigns get wasted at airfield by new people trying to learn how to fly.  Since air equipment is very valuable on both sides, how about we make a change.  Since  you have reserved SMG and some other stuff, why cant we give the new guys reserved AC as well.  Give them so many bombers and so many fighters to play with.  This way they still learn about supply, it doesnt effect the vets supply and they still get to learn to fly.  Just make theirs reserved as well that way we cannot use them and they still can.  Example.  50 reserved e1, 50 reserved stukas, 25 reserved 110, 25 reserved he111.  Here they get to use all the aircraft types and it wont effect veterans supply.  Yes this will be more aircraft in the air on both sides, but the supply issue of not having the aircraft that you may need in clearing of a camped town will still be there.

P.S.  Im not a pilot im a ground pounder.  But for the longest we didnt have stukas for this reason and im sure the allies have same trouble as us.

I will need check, but I am pretty Shure were ok with their being no stukas.

Its kinda nice tanking now days what with far fewer of them suciding into me and my tank.

The idea that they, the new guys, should learn how to fly off line is totally lost on may of them, I don't fly often but when I do the sight of a green tag flying across the field and crashing into a hanger on the other side is not I think unusual, or shooting down an enemy fighter whos landing gear is still down...

Personally I don't know what could really be done, apart from locking out players whos rank is over Corporal from a pool of planes for the lower rank guys, Air rank is hard to get so you would need set the bar pretty low rank wise.

On 11/25/2017 at 10:55 AM, brady said:

I will need check, but I am pretty Shure were ok with their being no stukas.

Its kinda nice tanking now days what with far fewer of them suciding into me and my tank.

The idea that they, the new guys, should learn how to fly off line is totally lost on may of them, I don't fly often but when I do the sight of a green tag flying across the field and crashing into a hanger on the other side is not I think unusual, or shooting down an enemy fighter whos landing gear is still down...

Personally I don't know what could really be done, apart from locking out players whos rank is over Corporal from a pool of planes for the lower rank guys, Air rank is hard to get so you would need set the bar pretty low rank wise.

If I understand the intent of the OP correctly, set aside the lowest tier of A/C of each type for the inexperienced     pilots, without impacting the supply of planes for the current RDP level.... so,  in the first tier, only ranked pilots get rides, but once a new iteration of vehicles is available, leave a generous supply of the previous generation a/c reserved for raw  recruits, perhaps limited to selected rear airfield(s)

Think of this as an in-game training base, new pilots get some experience and a chance to rank up a bit, but at the expense of having to fly a bit further to the front lines, hopefully building pilot skills, without impacting the supply of valuable, current tier aircraft for the experienced pilots

so, imagine that there is an unlimited (or at least plentiful) supply of Hurricane mk I's , H-75's or E-1's  in a pool at a rear field that can only be accessed by pilots below a certain rank, perhaps even not requiring a mission as those  pilots may not be able to post one yet

it could be the equivalent of rifles for the F2P players but give them just enough experience to want to rank up without wasting normal supplies