KMS

What would you think of.....

35 posts in this topic

Boat placed mobile spawns, bigger the boat= bigger the supply i.e. Fairmile has a depot load and a Transport a Brigade

I'm just testing the water so to speak :)

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, KMS said:

Boat placed mobile spawns, bigger the boat= bigger the supply i.e. Fairmile has a depot load and a Transport a Brigade

I like the idea. 

I think delems just feinted. 

Just make them Normal FMS, and only from the TT, and only Naval inf.

On rivers the farmile Could never set one because the banks are all messed up and people wouldn’t do it because it’s too easy to use the truck or it would be redundant.

In the Z’s it might be interesting but I think it would be btr if you just used the TT, it would feel more realistic and you would see them in game more often as a result, and that would mean more DD’s in game as  result.

I think this is a great idea

Edited by brady
1 person likes this

I think only Transports should be able to set Naval FMS (not all boats).  

I think a Navy FMS should be able to spawn exactly  4 vehicles with mission leaders from them (which is what the TT can hold in their cargo now).  Thats it!

Players can choose to spawn what four vehicles that they want from a Naval FMS:   4 trucks to setup 4 normal FMS, or alternatively 2 trucks and 2 tanks, etc... but only 4 vehicles can spawn.

Actually, I dont think this would alter the gameplay too much with Naval invasions to England. From the way it is now.  The hardest part is still going to be getting the slow transports across the channel.  Maybe a couple of tanks would show up more often on the invasions but thats about it.  But at least a bunch of guys wont all have to sit in the boat 1-3 hours during the crossing attempts with low probabilities of success. We might get some more action in England, as well as Allied counter-attacks on the port towns in Calais, Dunk, and Oost  when the Axis occupy those towns.

Edited by krazydog

6 minutes ago, krazydog said:

The hardest part is still going to be getting the slow transports across the channel.

For me that is the easiest part.
I dont have terrible difficulty crossing the channel from france or from england.

The hardest parts are, getting people loaded up.
The old guys are easy to load the younger people are hard

And getting them to remain intact during the crossing
They get bored and despawn, or fall off the boat etc.

If all i had to do was get the boat across, i'd be spewing an army as fast as i could run the crane

49 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

For me that is the easiest part.
I dont have terrible difficulty crossing the channel from france or from england.

The hardest parts are, getting people loaded up.
The old guys are easy to load the younger people are hard

And getting them to remain intact during the crossing
They get bored and despawn, or fall off the boat etc.

If all i had to do was get the boat across, i'd be spewing an army as fast as i could run the crane

It sounds like you try to load up guys you don’t know like a para drop.  Ya thats not easy, and not they way to do it really.  

Getting 4 guys to load up in a transport is a liitle work, but not really that hard for the  organized squads.   But lots of squads usually dont want to bother with it because the long boat ride, people always ctd, or the boat gets sunk on the way.  

And even if you make it to the other shore its still a very low probabilty chance of success on the attack because you can not bring up firepower support that easily to maintain the attack once it gets going and it usualy just turns into a failed meat grinder attack.

Edited by krazydog

9 minutes ago, krazydog said:

It sounds like you try to load up guys you don’t know like a para drop.

That is usually all the pretends interest.
Squads just aren't interested now days.

51 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

That is usually all the pretends interest.
Squads just aren't interested now days.

Yes, its rare for organized squads to go for invasions these days.  i guess that is the whole point about thinking about creating naval fmss - so invasions happen more often.  Because if we had naval ms, then i agree with you that the “quantity” of invasions would go up.  Where I disagree a bit is that letting a naval fms spawn 4 mission leaders  with vehicles wouldn’t just be “pew pew” - or now all invasions are easy as cake invasions. 

The quantity of invasion attempts would go up for sure, but they would still be tough attempts.  And what I propsed:  “letting 4 ML drive vehicles out of transport ship”  is nothing beyond the capability of what a transport can hold and transport already right now.

Besides if we allowed Naval MS to happen, they wouldhave to be setup right on the beach shore in the openn right?  And you can just drive a naval transport racross a channel and park a naval MS right outside of a town with 500 m of a spawnable depot with  enemy ai and destroyers spawning in within  visibility range, and enemy dive bombers buzzing slowly overhead unopposed.  That would not work.

You usually have to have a beaxh landing some distance from a towntarget  anddrive KMs to the attack.   So if we had a naval ms it will absolutely be necessary for it to have the ability to spawn mission leaders with trucks who can then drive inland and closer to the target town to redeploy their own FMSs.   Sure maybe people would choose more often to spawn a couple of tanks too, but remenber if you limit the naval ms to only 4 vehicles max, then each tank spawned will be one less fms deployed too - so there would be a trade off.

Edited by krazydog

On 12/5/2017 at 6:53 PM, brady said:

Just make them Normal FMS, and only from the TT, and only Naval inf.

On rivers the farmile Could never set one because the banks are all messed up and people wouldn’t do it because it’s too easy to use the truck or it would be redundant.

In the Z’s it might be interesting but I think it would be btr if you just used the TT, it would feel more realistic and you would see them in game more often as a result, and that would mean more DD’s in game as  result.

I think this is a great idea

This. @KMS

23 hours ago, krazydog said:

Besides if we allowed Naval MS to happen, they wouldhave to be setup right on the beach shore in the openn right?  And you can just drive a naval transport racross a channel and park a naval MS right outside of a town with 500 m of a spawnable depot with  enemy ai and destroyers spawning in within  visibility range, and enemy dive bombers buzzing slowly overhead unopposed.  That would not work.

Oh good lord no, that would be suicide.
Unless we have things like LVT, LVS etc there is no way to survivable drop anchor on deaths door.
Even with those, it will play out like a bad version of D-Day, though it may be fun.
The TT would have to be able to saddle up to "Landing Zone Alpha" and start offloading units with its crane, those units would then need to move on the target and set up 
any kind of land based FMS etc which might be quite a ways distance off from landing to target.

Thinking about it why not let Fairmiles set an FMS ?

It would be a placeholder for pontoons for now. I also think it would get more players to play Navy. And it can actually defend the FMS. 

2 or 3 Fairmiles one builds a FMS , it be sure harder to camp that's for sure. 

I sure like the idea , now it would be just a matter of where can they place an FMS only on low banks or also on high river banks where the protection possibilities become more limited?

On 12/5/2017 at 7:03 PM, KMS said:

Image result for i approve of this message

Makes sense considering a truck can do it.

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

now it would be just a matter of where can they place an FMS

How about only on themselves.
You spawn on the boat and swim for it

58 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

How about only on themselves.
You spawn on the boat and swim for it

Why swim for it , just park the boat next to the bank and they don't have to get their feet wet. But then what Fairmile is the spawn point ? ML only I'm guessing?

I haven’t  launched a TT in over a decade, I would though just to try it out if they implement this in a flash 

Just make it the same mechanics as the trucks..............drive to where you want to launch (shoreline) hit "z"......wait............wait...............and boom FMS is up.  Despawn boat and spawn infantryman and attack

2 hours ago, bmw said:

Just make it the same mechanics as the trucks..............drive to where you want to launch (shoreline) hit "z"......wait............wait...............and boom FMS is up.  Despawn boat and spawn infantryman and attack

Read my post above in this thread.

I don’t think a  naval FMS spawning INFANTRY ONLY would work,  because you can’t really safelly deploy a transport ship close to towns across the channel.  Enemy air, destroyers, and AI would gang bang the transports before they ever get deployed.

A transport ship needs to be able  to find safe spots on the shore to land and deploy naval MS, and then spawn mission leaders with trucks or tanks that can then drive up to the towns to deploy the attack MS.  Otherwise the infantry would probably be walking 2-3 km to the attacks most of the time.  That is too far.

I proposed a limit of 4 vehicles per transport ship - they same amount they can hold now.

Edited by krazydog

Or, just let them Spawn what a depo can Spawn 

but from the FMS they deploy

Edited by brady

3 hours ago, brady said:

Or, just let them Spawn what a depo can Spawn 

but from the FMS they deploy

Well I suppose depot supply does allow mission leaders with trucks to spawn too,  and they can drive out from a depot to set another MS.  So yes that could work.

Just cant limit the Naval MS to spawn infantry ONLY, that would not work. 

6 hours ago, krazydog said:

Well I suppose depot supply does allow mission leaders with trucks to spawn too,  and they can drive out from a depot to set another MS.  So yes that could work.

Just cant limit the Naval MS to spawn infantry ONLY, that would not work. 

Well, what I meant was and still do is Spawn the equipment from the naval brigade that that’s where it should draw it’s suply from

so the FMS would Spawn everything it does now normally , but also trucks and the larger AT guns the equipment that are allowed  to Spawn from Depos