KMS

What would you think of.....

35 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, brady said:

Well, what I meant was and still do is Spawn the equipment from the naval brigade that that’s where it should draw it’s suply from

so the FMS would Spawn everything it does now normally , but also trucks and the larger AT guns the equipment that are allowed  to Spawn from Depos

I think you guys are still missing the main point:  Very often these naval MS wont be getting deployed anywhere near towns (at least for Channel crossing invasions).   They will be getting setup more likely several KMs from their main targets. 

So most of the time you dont want infantry (and new players) spawning directly from a naval MS in the middle of nowhere and walking for 30+ mins to get to a town and the action.

Instead you need  “mission leaders” spawning from the navel MS (with vehicles) and letting the mission leaders  drive up closer to the towns to redeploy a land based MS where the infantry attack can spawn from.

So the naval MS would function more like some kind of mini-FB  rather than a normal MS (but with limited supply) - maybe like depot supply like you suggest, or something else.

Edited by krazydog

3 hours ago, krazydog said:

I think you guys are still missing the main point:  Very often these naval MS wont be getting deployed anywhere near towns (at least for Channel crossing invasions).   They will be getting setup more likely several KMs from their main targets. 

So most of the time you dont want infantry (and new players) spawning directly from a naval MS in the middle of nowhere and walking for 30+ mins to get to a town and the action.

Instead you need  “mission leaders” spawning from the navel MS (with vehicles) and letting the mission leaders  drive up closer to the towns to redeploy a land based MS where the infantry attack can spawn from.

So the naval MS would function more like some kind of mini-FB  rather than a normal MS (but with limited supply) - maybe like depot supply like you suggest, or something else.

I feel like this could be a role best suited to TTs.  Giving this kind of power to riverine FMBs wouldn't be appropriate.  

50 minutes ago, Capco said:

I feel like this could be a role best suited to TTs.  Giving this kind of power to riverine FMBs wouldn't be appropriate.  

I agree.  Keep it to TTs.    There really isn’t a problem with gameplay and river crossings.

3 hours ago, krazydog said:

I agree.  Keep it to TTs.    There really isn’t a problem with gameplay and river crossings.

I agree with the TT's otherwise for the amount they get used they could be modified or replaced using their hulls for another ship if possible. 

Edited by playtime

While your "testing the waters" for me lining up the TT to the shoreline so you can Crane your equipment off has always been a pain.  Not so much loading but unloading is tedious to me.  Make so you can quickly off load through the Bow by ramming into the bank headfirst.  My cents worth.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, gridiron said:

While your "testing the waters" for me lining up the TT to the shoreline so you can Crane your equipment off has always been a pain.  Not so much loading but unloading is tedious to me.  Make so you can quickly off load through the Bow by ramming into the bank headfirst.  My cents worth.

LOL ICWATUDIDTHER

:)

Seriously though... at least compensate for the lack of docks in the game and let them offload as long as they are touching the bank with part of the ship.

The crane is slow, stupid and not very fun to use.

Immersive? Maybe... but who cares?

Sure, we'll all sit there waiting for a Hurricane or 110 to bomb us to death while we play crane simulator.

GHEY.

How about the players on the ship hit ESC, get a box that says, "Cancel, Disembark, Despawn" and you check the button for the action you want.

2 hours ago, gridiron said:

Simple perhaps, at least in theory

Let the crane move faster, i dont mean insanely faster but you could probably come to near double the speed without it looking like it is on crack?
That part should be a simple value change probably.

And perhaps extend the boom another say 8 feet?
That part requires some art and perhaps model programming work.

Let it deploy, and give it a heavily throttled vehicle spawning ability at the 4 stowage points, and perhaps a heavily throttled infantry spawn point downstairs in the hold
(someplace they dont just get straffed off the deck by a wayward plane)
No deploy, No Spawn.

Like the man said, a very limited heavily throttled mini FB

I can live with just making it simple by using pressing "O" like you have to on DDs for the life boats and I like the idea of the crane to be extended so you don't have to be perfect when lining up to the shore.