Ltarflak

spaa

44 posts in this topic

I noticed the email I got regarding the SPAA and I think some of the things said in the article was incorrect. first,the line: "these weapon platforms are going to have a BIG impact on the game for Pilots and AA gunners" is false...if you want to have a big impact on the gunners and pilots add multi barrel AA. the more lead you can throw out into the sky the better change you have of hitting a plane, they get to shoot at us with 6-12 barrels, cannons AND bombs...if you add multi barred stuff *cough *cough quad 20's and duel 37mm...you can even it out some because the quad 20's could compensate for 4 ,20 mil gunners and the dual 37mm AA could compensate for 2... If you want to make a difference for WW2 online for AA gunners and pilots add multi barrel AA  (and of course whirbelwind and ostwind).  

I think having zero crew protection will what ruins and really dampers this SPAA on keeping EA away from battles.

Anyways if you have a Steam account and another F2P account you can tow an AA with 2 accounts this is indeed a game changer... I wish you could spawn by pressing one button a truck with any AA or ATG.

13 hours ago, Ltarflak said:

I noticed the email I got regarding the SPAA and I think some of the things said in the article was incorrect. first,the line: "these weapon platforms are going to have a BIG impact on the game for Pilots and AA gunners" is false...if you want to have a big impact on the gunners and pilots add multi barrel AA. the more lead you can throw out into the sky the better change you have of hitting a plane, they get to shoot at us with 6-12 barrels, cannons AND bombs...if you add multi barred stuff *cough *cough quad 20's and duel 37mm...you can even it out some because the quad 20's could compensate for 4 ,20 mil gunners and the dual 37mm AA could compensate for 2... If you want to make a difference for WW2 online for AA gunners and pilots add multi barrel AA  (and of course whirbelwind and ostwind).  

Having the ability to readily move the AAA  at truck speed is a game changer.  What happens now is that many guns deploy fairly close to the spawn points because that's as far as they can make it under air attack.  Having the ability to move several hundred meters quickly then deploy will impact the game regardless of weapon system.  Pilot will have to be careful of the low & slow turns that many use (especially around AB's and FB's) to acquire or maintain target vis.  There now may be an AAA gun out where none would exist before.   

There are plans to expand the available equipment in the future.  

2 people like this

33 minutes ago, B2K said:

Having the ability to readily move the AAA  at truck speed is a game changer.  What happens now is that many guns deploy fairly close to the spawn points because that's as far as they can make it under air attack.  Having the ability to move several hundred meters quickly then deploy will impact the game regardless of weapon system.  Pilot will have to be careful of the low & slow turns that many use (especially around AB's and FB's) to acquire or maintain target vis.  There now may be an AAA gun out where none would exist before.   

Several hundred meters? 

I like the fact we are getting there but AF camping will also come into play with these as well

Just now, bmw said:

Several hundred meters? 

I like the fact we are getting these but AF camping will also come into play with these as well

14 hours ago, Ltarflak said:

So when your grandmother sends you a bday card with $10 in it do you complain that it's not a $20 bill?

Look, man...

CRS is doing the best they can.

We get it. More AA capacities would be awesome, but a moving platform that a single player can spawn in, drive around and go set up an air defense with is going to be great -regardless if the crew is "protected" or not.

I can see slowhand unsubbing.

hahahha

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, bmw said:

Several hundred meters? 

I like the fact we are getting there but AF camping will also come into play with these as well

SPAA, like all units, have pros and cons. They will make the battlefield somewhat deadlier and more unpredictable from a pilot POV. OTOH they are pretty easy to spot and less challenging to destroy from the air than a static or towed gun. It's going to take a number of 'em to really pose a hindrance. From a ground perspective they're big noisy targets that will likely draw a lot of attention from infantry.

Frontline AF's have always been bothered by nuisance camping. I don't think SPAA will change that in any material fashion.

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, bmbm said:

SPAA, like all units, have pros and cons. They will make the battlefield somewhat deadlier and more unpredictable from a pilot POV. OTOH they are pretty easy to spot and less challenging to destroy from the air than a static or towed gun. It's going to take a number of 'em to really pose a hindrance. From a ground perspective they're big noisy targets that will likely draw a lot of attention from infantry.

Frontline AF's have always been bothered by nuisance camping. I don't think SPAA will change that in any material fashion.

Pretty much this.  

I guess, that moving several hundred meters from the Army base, what are camped/attacked from the Air, will be extra challenge. IMO is time to re-design current concept of army bases, which seems more like good places for trapping.

Also, is there possibility of implementing of camouflaging  these vehicles? By engineers or by crews? Because, OK, in lower Tier such vehicle may be without shield, but without camouflage it seems too simple target . Maybe i'm wrong.

Also would be good to see some video about, how they are visible from plane.

And, here was mentioned "deploying". Mean it, that they can't shoot while moving?

But in general, this is a good step in the right direction.

They're not going to have much impact because CRS will put maybe 5-10 of them in a brigade and they'll all be wasted.

1 hour ago, lemkeh said:

Also would be good to see some video about, how they are visible from plane.

They'll be as visible (and vulnerable) as the HT and Crusader currently in game when stationary and moving, with the added bonus of "come shoot me" streams of 40 mm rising to advertise their position :D Good gunners with fire discipline will probably make a killing though. I think they'll be a great addition. More diversity is fun.

CRS: New vehicle(s) being added to the first time in-game for years, with a completely new capability! - WOOT!

Player: Yeah, not good enough. We want this one --> ________

CRS: Face palm... we're doing the best, we can...

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, XOOM said:

CRS: New vehicle(s) being added to the first time in-game for years, with a completely new capability! - WOOT!

Sharks with laser beams?

35 minutes ago, XOOM said:

the crew are exposed raised and brightly coloured, a gunshield isn't much to ask for.

they won't camp inf any worse than current rank 0 tanks

Can we at least let it get into the game and enjoy the new vehicle before we thrash on it... please?

Good effort by the rats.

But, we need gun shields - and don't even think you should give yourself too much credit, axis needs the Sd Kfz 7/2 with the 37mm AA, not bofors - so this SPAA hopefully is still a work in progress, the Sd Kfz 7/1 is needed to, with the Flakverling. 

And, the Flak 30 absolutely needs to be upgraded to the Flak 38, new model or not - was accepted into service in 1939......  And no, you don't need to give anything to allies for this, our light AA is 3x worse as allies - it needs be brought up to par; quicker setup time needed too, allies is at least twice as fast. (or slow the allies setup)

I would say 12 per flag might be a good starting point - one battery.

Edited by delems

2 hours ago, david01 said:

They're not going to have much impact because CRS will put maybe 5-10 of them in a brigade and they'll all be wasted.

once the 'new' wears off they'll be used about like current aaa..... maybe a bit more as they are more mobile

XOOM, they could have platinum bums and crap gold bricks and they'd complain!  :lol::P

C4PTnAy.png

"Win with Class, Fight with Honor, Lose with Dignity!"

Edited by Boudreau
1 person likes this

I predict they'll be the first thing out the gate when EWS is triggered, as truck-interceptors to limit the number of enemy FMS's. Should make taking some FB's interesting though, with half a dozen of these scattered all around! The "shields" may come eventually as later tier SPAA, so you might see a Wirbelwind, M3 Quad 50's and perhaps the twin barrelled 40mm Crusader turret mounted affair.

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

I do have to agree with Xoom here.

29 minutes ago, major0noob said:

the crew are exposed raised and brightly coloured, a gunshield isn't much to ask for.

they won't camp inf any worse than current rank 0 tanks

Well we still don't have a gunshield for the 88 , also it would have taken more dev time and it would be way off the historic train ( not that both vehicles aren't ) but remember these are place holders for now , at least that's what's being said.

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

I realize that but time and time again single barrels dont cut it...if multi barrel wasn't so good then why did Germany have so many of them? The 3.7 cm Flak 18/36/37/43 was accepted into service in 1936! furthermore the 2 cm Flakvierling 38 was accepted into service in 1940... the start of tier 0 should have these, correct me if im wrong but tier 0 starts from 1939-1940

1 hour ago, Ltarflak said:

I realize that but time and time again single barrels dont cut it...if multi barrel wasn't so good then why did Germany have so many of them? The 3.7 cm Flak 18/36/37/43 was accepted into service in 1936! furthermore the 2 cm Flakvierling 38 was accepted into service in 1940... the start of tier 0 should have these, correct me if im wrong but tier 0 starts from 1939-1940

no one said that single-barrels are the only AAA(SP) that'll be modeled.  A decision was made on which piece to start with - THERE WILL BE MORE TO COME IN THE FUTURE.  

1 person likes this

Yay for what's on the way.

Easiest next steps:

1. Re-parameterize existing models when historically valid:

1a. FlaK 30 becomes FlaK 38. 

1b. CAMle 38 becomes CAMle 40.

2. New T0 set: 

2a. Bedford flatbed with the single Oerlikon 20mm pintle mount from the Fairmile.

2b. Opel flatbed with a deployed FlaK 38.

2c. Laffly S20TL flatbed with the single Oerlikon 20mm pintle mount from the Fairmile. 

Like the truck with flak 30/38 setup.

But, I'd keep the Flak 30, just have both - give Flak 30 to FPA.

The Sd kfz 10 HT had both the 10/4 and 10/5 options, with Flak 30 and Flak 38.

Guessing the truck had both too?

Also, should get a Flak 38 model in game - sure, short term use the Flak 30, but be nice to get a Flak 38.

9 hours ago, B2K said:

I don't believe SPAA will have an impact. As some people said, they are defendless and can easily be sniped. The reason classical AA stay close to the AB/FB spawns is because of the lower probability to be sniped. I rarely see an AA spawn from a depot or a FMS for that same reason.

According to me it's a good thing Rats proved they could work on new vehicles as well, but there are other much more interesting units to work on. 

Photo-01.lex.jpg eef41dc169ad338f0c1d41c8e84482cc.jpg14bf31e3c1952793c5423e7f6142e901.jpg

Photo-03.Hasegawa.jpg

fa794dab0b029821da9d2701ed5f914c.jpg Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-300-1863-30,_Riva

97d3917191e0950b43910054592a0eb1.jpg

SdKfz_251-16_Mittlerer_Flammpanzerwagen_

Edited by Zebbeee

5 hours ago, XOOM said:

Yeah the players realize that XOOM but when we ask for something simple such as a gun shield on bofors or an 88 the crew always has a cop out and goes back to "were doing the best we can"  Bullsh*t....if you can model the gates folding down on the HT for the new "KICKA$$ FU*KING NUKE LAUNCHER 3000 MPH SPAA!" then you can model a gun shield on a bofors or 88.....its just the simple stuff that counts, just like the iron sights on the MP40 or the MP34,fyi-there uncentered...FFS HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE THE IRON SIGHTS CENTERED!!!!!. Furthermore CRS says "this new stuff is coming very soon,be ready" to get everyone riled up but you gotta wait 6 months...8 months....a year and finallllyyyyy it comes.....or sometimes never at all. if your gonna be announcing new equipment at least show it at like the start of a month and release it at the end of the month...

and to the builders in here dont even think about replying because this is for xoom, not a builder who thinks what they say is going to happen. Im a paying customer that pays $15 bucks a month to wait for sh*t that takes what? 8 months to release? or uncentered iron sights AND you want the customers to pay you for Sh*t that doesn't get fixed???(lag, poor connections, atrocious  FPS, unrealistic guns,uncentered iron sights, EI walking up to an AA or ATG and plinking it with a pistol, unkillable EI, Tommy guns and grease guns that kill you at 300m's,db-7's and havocs doing loop de loops over and over,AND THE LIST GOES ON!!!!) 

If you want people to stay quit bullsh*ting them 

Edited by Ltarflak
typo