• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
delems

Too many flags.

20 posts in this topic

Sheesh - make a hard limit, never more than 3 flags in one town.  That would help solve some of the JWBS too.

I mean really, 6 regiments in one town.....

7 hours ago, delems said:

Sheesh - make a hard limit, never more than 3 flags in one town.  That would help solve some of the JWBS too.

I mean really, 6 regiments in one town.....

This will be mute soon enough I should think

*** Or make City CP ownership prevent/allow bde movement in and out

This does nothing to solve the problem, so I capture CITY CP, then move 5 flags in....

Should have hard limits for all branches;  no more than 3 army, 2 navy, 2 para and 3 air in one town/port/AF.

OR, if you want, say 1 or 2 xtra bdes then be willing to expend production points to support them. No freebie there, but a commitment to the importance of the city/town or a prelude to a larger attack or feint.

zimm out

In the past I think this was a part of moving flags to start with.

You do know that putting a bunch of flags in one town is a bad idea.....as you open the map up.

22 minutes ago, gaspipe said:

In the past I think this was a part of moving flags to start with.

You do know that putting a bunch of flags in one town is a bad idea.....as you open the map up.

Maybe in the past but not anymore. It's not that risky with two-AO peaks and predictable periods of very low server activity.

Then with air there's almost no penalty anymore with throwing as many flags to the AF closest to the frontline.

On 09/12/2017 at 3:10 PM, delems said:

This does nothing to solve the problem, so I capture CITY CP, then move 5 flags in....

Should have hard limits for all branches;  no more than 3 army, 2 navy, 2 para and 3 air in one town/port/AF.

What it would do is make the most valuable CP the one without a defensive spawn point 20m away 

On 12/9/2017 at 3:16 AM, Silky said:

Or make City CP ownership prevent/allow bde movement in and out 

How bout simply, if town is contested period NOBODY moves in, and unless you call a fallback and forfeit it (becomes white flag), NOBODY moves out. 

On 09/12/2017 at 3:10 PM, delems said:

What it would do is make the most valuable CP the one without a defensive spawn point 20m away 

4 minutes ago, Silky said:

echo?

34 minutes ago, Silky said:

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

echo?

Some posts are so good the forum gods decide to repeat them

it's a sign

Making movement contingent on any CP in town is not the right way to go.  You have to find a way to simulate that the route is open or closed, not the end point.

37 minutes ago, saronin said:

Making movement contingent on any CP in town is not the right way to go.  You have to find a way to simulate that the route is open or closed, not the end point.

Alternative might be check point CPs on the roads out, say 1km out of town?

1 hour ago, Silky said:

Alternative might be check point CPs on the roads out, say 1km out of town?

I thought about that as well.  It could work and might take some of the fight into the field.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:05 AM, brady said:

This will be mute soon enough I should think

IMO 1.36 is not around the corner...........so soon is subjective.

On 12/11/2017 at 2:28 PM, merlin51 said:

How bout simply, if town is contested period NOBODY moves in, and unless you call a fallback and forfeit it (becomes white flag), NOBODY moves out. 

On 12/9/2017 at 10:10 AM, delems said:

These two together seem like a good option to explore in the interim while 1.36 is being developed. It's a nice mix of preventing flag warping while also putting realistic limits on what could feasibly be in a town. Ideally, flag limits would scale with relevant facility count (more abs = higher inf/armor flag limit), but that's really only reasonable to explore if that's the direction the game is going. It's not, so barebones would be good until we see the changes from 1.36.

Greetings,

Just Say NO to Stacking. No More Stacking. Would make things interesting.

S!

- Join the "REDUCE THE BRIGADES" Campaign. Less Moving parts make it more interesting. A small reduction until 1.36 might make things more interesting.-

And, how come we don't disallow inter division stacking?

I'm not that much of real life war buff, but did 1st reg 2nd div really occupy same territory at same time as say 3 reg 4 div ? I'm thinking not.

The only time this prolly happen is on a chaotic retreat / fallback.

Divisions should not be allowed to inter stack - this alone would prevent much of the JWBS, but not all.

Couple this with both the above, and it might be a system that can work; add a few more flags so we can cover the front and it nearly becomes like town supply.

Looking at the map right now, how come this hasn't been done?

Need to disallow inter division stacking.

Would spread the map and decrease JWBS.

There should not be 6 flags from 3 divisions in one town... just shouldn't happen.

(unless they been routed and falling back :))