Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimato

keymapping change rudder joyaxis from "2" to "1"

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I moved to Maui, Hi and installed  the game on my gaming laptop.  After several months I got my FFB 2  joystick sent from stateside and just recently the cfml file to set up the stick. 

All seems to be working as before, everything.  When I set the yaw axis from Joystick 2 (rudder pedals) to Joystick 1 (twisty stick, rz axis) it switched to Joystick 1 rz axis, white

letters  it's then changes to green when I hit the save button, all normal.  Then when I exit and go back and check the Yaw setting it has reverted back to the original setting for the rudder pedals.

<joyaxis stick="2" invert="1">z</joyaxis>  is part of the air cfml file line.

I've tried several different things but not successful so far.  I haven't tried removing the line in the cfml file yet.  Is reinstalling the game the best option I have?  

Also could someone using rz twisty stick setting, please look and see what your air cfml line reads and post it for me, thanks.

Aloha,  hoop to fly with you all asap.

Edited by Jimato

make sure your CFML file isnt read only

you can edit it in wordpad to RZ axis.
Make sure of how it is presented to the in the laptop whether is JS 1 or 2

i am guessing file may be readonly

How can I tell if it is read only?  The Air CFML file is notepad now and I can change the fil but do not know what to put for the rz code.

If someone out there has their joystick rudder set to rz could you post the way its written in the air cfml file. 

Don't have an answer why it cannot be keymapped to the file unless the fire is not the right file.

Thanks for posting Merlin51.

Edited by Jimato

You would just change
<joyaxis stick="2" invert="1">z</joyaxis>

to 

<joyaxis stick="1" invert="1">rz</joyaxis>

I am assuming your stick is seen as #1 and the axis is named RZ

29 minutes ago, Jimato said:

OK I'll replace the entry.

you may need to remove the INVERT="1" portion if it moves arse backwards

That or learn to fly that way, if you are looking for a challenge LOL

No the rudder is working ok, set for rz.  I found multiple Air cfml files so that was the problem.  One was the one the game made then I dropped in another which led to the conflict.  I deleted all the cfml files and now I need to put in one the game can use.  System is Windows 10, where do put the cfml folder.  I thought it went into DATA folder but when I put it into the DATA folder it goes to quick access.  Thanks for your help Merlin51.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0