mundagurri

Parking ettiquette

30 posts in this topic

Could someone clarify the etiquette around parking over enemy spawn points to insta-kill enemy? This includes rolling back and forward over the spawn point. Is this allowed?

Unsportsmanlike maybe, but why do we have tank barricades in our Engineer loadout?

If you let a Tank or anything park on the FMS you missed the basic defence of it.

Also Tanks did that in real life go over a Foxhole then lock one Track and grind till there was not enough living space left. 

I have what you described above done that with a Pak36 and a Stug after I ran out of Ammo. 

What is the difference between gunning them down or running them over I see none. In both instances your FMS became comprised and needs to be pulled.

BTW my Pak36 did shut down that FMS and it was pulled,  I was supported by one Squad mate who was a sniper. 

So if you want to take that aspect out of the game by all means do so. Don't tell the FMS setters to protect their FMS better you only gave them the tools to do so. 

This should illustrated that if one can force a take down with a Pack36 that it should not be dumbed down by a .Report but that you actually need to do better on defending it, and maybe give us more PPO options to do so.

Like trench digging, Camo netting, Barbwire, Mines both antipersonal and anti tank.

My 2 cents.

Edited by dre21
1 person likes this

So I guess slowhand ramming everyone out of the sky in his Spit is OK then, huh?

Seriously, CRS... If you made it so both planes became damaged in a head on, people wouldn't game it like they do.

Same goes for the FMS.

There is NO protection for the spawnees. None.

Why not add a damned barrier already? We've only been clamoring for either more protection or add-on PPOs to reduce camping a little.

How is parking at the door any different from parking 20ft away and camping?

What, because MGs have to be used and not the 20 ton tank itself?

If you don't make this feature available through design, it won't happen.

45 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

So I guess slowhand ramming everyone out of the sky in his Spit is OK then, huh?

Seriously, CRS... If you made it so both planes became damaged in a head on, people wouldn't game it like they do.

So you think it’s fair that when you avoid a collision on your screen that you should still get damaged/destroyed because he saw that he collided with you on his screen?

10 minutes ago, SCKING said:

So you think it’s fair that when you avoid a collision on your screen that you should still get damaged/destroyed because he saw that he collided with you on his screen?

Huh? When he sees a collision and the other thinks he avoided it , would that not mean one made contact . Both should fall out of the sky period . I have never seen me avoid a collision and me keep flying but the other guy kept flying.

I have seen guy crash into me ,he kept flying ,I did not .

I also seen or Rammed into a guy from behind cause I calculated wrong , me go down, he kept flying. So in other words he did not try to avoid anything but I screwed up ,but he keeps flying . It makes no sense.

If there is contact both should go down not one keeps trucking while the other keeps flying. I think that's the point, duten1 is trying to make.

1 person likes this

It shouldn't be that hard to copy and paste some sandbags or tank traps near the FMS. The difficult part is going to be getting someone to admit that they made a bad decision in implementing a completely open spawn that can be driven in to.

Also pilots exploiting lag to ram others is why nearly all the pilots left the game, and why there are now fewer people flying on the map than in a War Thunder match most of the time. The top fighters list doesn't even fill out to 100 anymore because not that many pilots fly 50 sorties.

More kid's gloves. 

Kill it. Spawn somewhere else. Pull the FMS. 

God forbid you do something other than cry for a GM's help. 

6 hours ago, dre21 said:

maybe give us more PPO options to do so.

Like trench digging, Camo netting, Barbwire, Mines both antipersonal and anti tank.

Hey, thats a great idea for testing the introduction of mines, let engies place a handful within a certain distance of FMS and see how they go. When one's placed an icon could be placed on the map of mission members, warning the spawners of the mines locations. Would be interesting, and maybe hilarious at times what with rag doll effects and all.

I say let'em play, they oughta take the spawn down when this has occurred, or before. All's fair after all. Give players more defensive PPO options if you can.

Edited by biggles4

5 hours ago, SCKING said:

Look... the amount of times I've been rammed and one of us flew away indicates to me that it's not just some server tracking or client side issue.

Sure, I'll grant you that sometimes your issue is the culprit, but the vast majority of times the other player knows how to avoid dying simply by pulling up at the last minute.

I'll even admit freely that if I'm in a head-on situation, I'll stay bows-on to get some shots to the engine and lift last second in the hopes that they die and I do not.

7 of 10 times that works.

That's gamey and should be corrected. I've even been knocked into a flat spin, lost almost all e and recovered by pointing the nose down and using my rudder to get some e back.

Meanwhile, the other pilot is hanging in the air burning.

There are some pilots that are really good at exploiting this delay, and I won't name names, but they routinely ram and fly off.

Back to the OP:

Let's get some tank traps around the FMS, huh?

Honestly, one could just as easily park a tank or truck in a vehicle spawn prior to the FMS we have now, and one could kill ATGs in doing so.

Now there's outrage?

hahahaha

@CHIMM

Another statement would be great. As outlined above. If the .report is the answer then that will be a sad state of affairs just saying.

Can I do a .report next time a Tank spawn camps too? Just asking for friend, cause after all he did also not do enough of a job protecting or taking down the FMS when discovered .

@dre21The GM Team are the only ones who can respond quickly.  

On 12/13/2017 at 7:00 AM, vasduten1 said:

How is parking at the door any different from parking 20ft away and camping?

All too often FMS's are placed without any PPO protection, maybe a food for thought? 

28 minutes ago, CHIMM said:

All too often FMS's are placed without any PPO protection, maybe a food for thought? 

The only PPO that's tall enough to block incoming fire is the ATG bunker, and it's almost impossible to build those close enough together to cover the doorway from all angles. Build one and the camper will just drive a little to the left or right. They also take too long to build because of the stupid cooldown, and require you to despawn and get an engineer. Sandbag PPOs aren't tall enough to protect a player spawning in. And all of the PPOs get removed by a single bomb. Do you really think that there's some obvious way to protect a FMS but everyone is just too lazy to do it?

Add to that the defenders have at least a minute and 30 seconds to drive out to the FMS and get in to prime camping position. So the guy that set the FMS has even less time to build his little PPO fort that doesn't really protect against anything.

Every time someone points out a bad game design decision I see CRS putting it on the players. I mean you put in an open spawn with no protection, no exclusion or even a no-fire zone. I can walk out to a FMS and start knifing the players as they're loading in to the game if I want to.

Edited by david01

2 hours ago, CHIMM said:

@dre21The GM Team are the only ones who can respond quickly.  

I don't disagree with you there.

Still, when my squaddies and I get an FMS up, we usually build a bunch of stuff around it. While this deters a tank from parking over the spawn point, it doesn't remove the ability to do so. I could get over sandbags and traps and leave half of my hull over the spawn if I wanted to -resulting in instadeath for the spawnee. 

We aren't seriously having a discussion about banning people for playing the game as designed , are we? I mean, the only exploit I know of is the Stuka trick, which shall not be described further, but that one is kind of hard to pull off.

Pushing an ATG is not hard, and neither is driving a tank to park it next to an EFMS.

This is more an exploit issue; not an ethical one. I'd still love to see the FMS be at least enclosed enough to keep an atg out. Those are easy to get into position.

The FMSs need a barbed wire perimeter or something.

Parking on the spawn point is not the same as campaign. Camped FMS can be uncampped when you hide in the hole, and pop smoke etc. Spawning in and insta dying because a truck/tank is parked on the spawn point itself is exploiting the game mechanics.

2 hours ago, blkhwk8 said:

Parking on the spawn point is not the same as campaign. Camped FMS can be uncampped when you hide in the hole, and pop smoke etc. Spawning in and insta dying because a truck/tank is parked on the spawn point itself is exploiting the game mechanics.

...and so we need more than what the FMS is now.

Til it gets sorted I will not intentionally use this exploit.

I've been mentioning a better spawn situation from the FMS for a while now.

This thread is directly related to that, hence why I'm chiming in.

4 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

I will not intentionally use this exploit.

LOL i think that is pretty much the only way one could use it.
You don't normally accidentally roll up on an EFM and accidentally park over the top of the spawn in point and accidentally start rolling back N forth.
(sitting still doesn't hurt anyone)

It's a shame more don't take an active part in fortifying the FM location, With one guy alone it is hard for him to get much set up in quick fashion.
I think within close range of the FM, PPO reset time should be really fast.

42 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

LOL i think that is pretty much the only way one could use it.
You don't normally accidentally roll up on an EFM and accidentally park over the top of the spawn in point and accidentally start rolling back N forth.
(sitting still doesn't hurt anyone)

It's a shame more don't take an active part in fortifying the FM location, With one guy alone it is hard for him to get much set up in quick fashion.
I think within close range of the FM, PPO reset time should be really fast.

Personally I love building the area up with fortifications, then hanging back with an LMG, ATR or sniper to wait for the engineers and Panhards who get "brave" enough to try it.

Also... the ATR makes an amazing laser sniper rifle. Even a pelvis shot will drop an EI.

Edited by vasduten1

2 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

Even a pelvis shot will drop an EI.

I'm pretty sure if i shot someone in the toe with an ATR they would drop.
Probably vaporize their foot too.

There might be an option CRS could try without too much ado. The first FMS they were going to implement, the large enclosed one, might keep any vehicles, or atgs, from standing where inf spawn. Course, you'd need separate spawn points, an interior inf spawn, and an exterior gun spawn. Don't know if a gun could roll into that one, too lazy to go look up the old screens.

You could give the placer this alternate FMS option. They could choose their model based on whats best suited to where they're placing it or whatever. Variety is the spice of life.

Or you could reduce the door size on the current FMS and have inf spawn inside.

Edited by biggles4

17 hours ago, blkhwk8 said:

BS.    Axis have 2 weapon platforms that have no MG whatsoever. If they roll up on a FMS they are supposed to now just mark them and leave them?

Nope all HE will be used and if the spawning INF still did not get the point and have it pulled by then then they get run over .

Either have CRS redesign the FMS , give us more PPO options, or let a Truck set 2 or 3 FMS at a time . Or make the FMS  more vulnerable (but we have been there already and Allies wanted it tougher cause it went down to fast vs the Stug3b)       That's how you solve the problem and retain players . 

And not bring out the BAN hammer cause one side was to inept to protect their FMS or CRS did not have the foresight that this could be a problem.

You think banning people will help the game ? Especially players that have been with the game since forever?

Merlin51.   This ---->>LOL i think that is pretty much the only way one could use it.
You don't normally accidentally roll up on an EFM 

U be surprised how often us Stug boys find an EFMS cause we try to get into a flanking position,  or the EFMS is exactly at the spot you want to be . Like I outlined above with no MG on that weapon platform are we supposed to let the enemy go on unopposed?  By just marking it and hoping for the best that maybe one Engineer will make it out there to take it down?

As we all know engineers are a high valued item in our spawn list. And making it easier for them to come out to the EFMS without them loosing their life is highly sought after. 

But hey if CRS thinks it's best to ban players I might as well say good bye to the community. 

Edited by dre21