mundagurri

Parking ettiquette

30 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2017 at 4:29 PM, fidd said:

It seems to me that if you're being "run-over" at spawn in, your FMS is somewhat compromised

hehe :P

not that this idea solves the OP's issue entirely, but what if FMS placement was coded so that it could be placed right up alongside a building,  limiting the number of directions that it can be attacked and if carefully placed might contain a door that players could exit through via that building

or, just let us set up PPO's inside certain structures, such as the rubble of a destroyed building?

Just imagining that if was setting up a rallying point in a hostile town, probably wouldn't do it in the middle of a street, which is more or less undefendable

Edited by chry
info added

On 12/15/2017 at 7:47 AM, dre21 said:

U be surprised how often us Stug boys find an EFMS cause we try to get into a flanking position

You find them by accident sure, we all do.
What i said is no one accidentally rolls back and forth over the spawn point repeatedly for the next 10 minutes.

On 12/15/2017 at 7:47 AM, dre21 said:

with no MG on that weapon platform are we supposed to let the enemy go on unopposed?

I find them when in a truck, or HT or while pushing an atg, no MG on those either.
I'll mark them, and continue to give intel on them if i can.
But im not going to park n wobble, or do the atg spin o doom on the spawn point.
Aside from just feeling wrong, those are enemy infantry, which is exactly the kind of thing friendly infantry wants to fight, so let them come fight them.

Having a stug is not really an excuse, when EI cap a spawnable, you don't drive the StuG up the steps and start rolling back and forth on the 2nd floor right?
No, you call for other units cause your too fat to fit up the stairs anyways.

Why are you attacking EFM's with engineers might i ask?
Use riflemen, much more economical, save the engies for FB's and fortifications.

On 12/24/2017 at 2:42 PM, merlin51 said:

You find them by accident sure, we all do.
What i said is no one accidentally rolls back and forth over the spawn point repeatedly for the next 10 minutes.

No not by accident but by design , Use what ever I have at my disposal after that it's a free for all. I'm not giving the enemy the chance to run a sapper around my flank nor an ATG the chance to shoot me in the A$s .

As mentioned before I do report and I surpress by whatever means possible.

I find them when in a truck, or HT or while pushing an atg, no MG on those either.
I'll mark them, and continue to give intel on them if i can.

Well as a Truck or a HT you do have the possibility to set an FMS and have a fun little FMS battle . You ask why use Engineer well one Engineertakes down the EFMS fast . Same reason why you use Engineers for FBs and not use Sappers or Rifles cause time is of the essence.

You say let them go cause 

Aside from just feeling wrong, those are enemy infantry, which is exactly the kind of thing friendly infantry wants to fight, so let them come fight them.

Depends how you play the game , it differs from how I play the game . CRS gave us the tools to protect an FMS ( this thread is no better then calling for EA not being able to destroy an FMS in the *screwed once again * thread by delems.

I play to kill  , if we win map or not is really of no big importance to me since HC sets AOs . I like to play defence cause most of the times in an attack by the time I get into position with my Tank HC pulls the AO and my drive was time not well spent. So I became more defence orientated.  And the objective is not to make it easy for the enemy to get to town.

Or hinder them setting up.

So if we ask CRS now to police that and not have the player base take care of issues like that then why play? 

Depending on what you are (equipment)  that's the way you play. 

CRS gave us all the tools to protect an FMS from a tank or other vehicles to drive over you , same goes with the strafing of EA taking down an FMS  , you put it in the open survival is limited. 

Redesign the FMS multiple openings, more the one buildable by a Truck , you can't run guys over if 2 or 3 FMS are set by one Truck close to each other cause now there are 3 different spawn points.

That's how you solve the problem not asking CRS to ban players , players that CRS needs especially players that have supported the game since 2001.

Edited by dre21

On 13/12/2017 at 0:30 AM, CHIMM said:

.report it please. Will not be tolerated.

I do not agree!
Change the structure of the fms.

S!

1 person likes this

Yeah, a poor FMS design does not a haxxor make.

Build them out some, make the spawn point more protected and don't threaten to kick players who use the terrain to their advantage.

Maybe in the haste to get PPOs out they overlooked the "anyone can park an ATG here and kill ALL spawners and nobody will see who killed them" bug.