delems

Why 3 days intermission?

39 posts in this topic

Why so long?  Right on Christmas holidays when everyone finally has time off to play - and we stuck in intermission?

Terrible, pretty disgusting if you ask me, way to long. :(

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

Yup....to long in my book.  2 days is sufficient.  Ill most likely be doing other things until then.

Completely disappointed.

Week off and now no game to play.

Every time I think the rats might finally have it together, they then do something like this :(

Should start no later than early Wednesday morning - I'd prefer late Tuesday actually.

Edited by delems

36 minutes ago, delems said:

when everyone finally has time off to play

Not everyone.
I am at work, will not return home until the 22nd about 1am, but then have to be back by 1pm on the 23rd and won't get home again until the 29th and then i don't have to come back until the 31st at least.

Personally i like intermissions, at least the ones where both sides can get together and agree on a fun scenario to try to play out
and stop with the win win win nonsense and suddenly AO the only base the other side can run the scenario out of :( 

7 minutes ago, stankyus said:

Is the map over?

Yup

I am sorta glad for the Break, I need a few mental health days between maps.

1 person likes this

Delems, Think of it as a way to enjoy the SPAA for 3 more days, as it is a Tier 1 vehicle. New toy needs lovun.

1 person likes this

Intermission sux... period. Pack it up and restart, extend RDP till tier1 So ppl can take day or 2 of break and thats it.

*** Delems, Think of it as a way to enjoy the SPAA for 3 more days,

Wasting 4 of my 5 days off, there is no enjoyment at all, intensely peeved atm to say the least.

This is ridiculous.  Intermission should never be more than 24 hours; 48 max.

I don't play or pay for this to sit in intermission mode, 1000 other games I can do that in; and I am searching for one now.

And don't say HC needs a break - that is all the more proof we need to go to dynamic AOs and either town supply or squad run flags.

Even the thought that HC needs a break proves the system is broke.

I'm beyond ticked off right now, such a terrible call to sit in intermission for 4 days.

Edited by delems
2 people like this

Ya it's a bit tough, when a person finally has some time to "get into the real fight" and it's intermission.

Know the pain.

On the other hand...I just go do something else...and get back when "it matters" 

S!

6 minutes ago, delems said:

*** Delems, Think of it as a way to enjoy the SPAA for 3 more days,

Wasting 4 of my 5 days off, there is no enjoyment at all, intensely peeved atm to say the least.

This is ridiculous.  Intermission should never be more than 24 hours; 48 max.

I don't play or pay for this to sit in intermission mode, 1000 other games I can do that in; and I am searching for one now.

And don't say HC needs a break - that is all the more proof we need to go to dynamic AOs and either town supply or squad run flags.

Even the thought that HC needs a break proves the system is broke.

I'm beyond ticked off right now, such a terrible call to sit in intermission for 4 days.

1st forum tip, cause i know you having trouble with this forum.
Drag mouse over and highlight the text from someone you want to address, you will see a little text appear that says quote this, click that.
It will insert the text and include the name of the person whom it comes from

2nd There are people that do like intermission
It lets them do things that you just can not do during a campaign, too risky, too costly, opportunity never came, etc.
You can run mini events, like england invasions and what not.

There are obviously quite a few people that like it, it's never empty, and it must be paying people because there is tons of top tier gear spawned.

Hell, i like Tier 0 best, you don't see me flip my wig because tier 1 rolled in or was accelerated?

I'm organizing an Axis Event for Wednesday (Axis only) in that we'll get a "shirt vs skins" game going with squads broken up between both sides to attack/defend an FB.  

Axis squads only invited.  PM me if you're or your squad is interested!

Keep in mind that intermissions sometimes are needed for patches, we have a few fixes in the works and deploying them during a campaign is always more risky than between them

I'll take 8 hours of campaign interrupted by 4 server resets any day over 8 hours of continuous intermission......

1 hour ago, delems said:

I'll take 8 hours of campaign interrupted by 4 server resets any day over 8 hours of continuous intermission......

I think perhaps in in application you would not, and understandably so.
Sometimes, perhaps lots of times, when they update they may have to reset and change the database, which of course could effectively reset or screw up a campaign in progress.

Even if you were ok with that, i got a feeling enough others would not be that it would get ugly?

That's right, the world doesn't revolve around one person. Some like intermission, some do not. 

Carry on.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, stankyus said:

KMS said parachuting pouches for Christmas!!!

No.............he said the HE audit was being deployed. :P

IM is ok when it is organized; this one isn’t.  Three days is very long, IMO, to be stuck in WWIIOnline la-la land.

I’m all for intermission being 2-3 days. HC need to recharge the batteries. 

We need to set up proper, considered maps though

6 minutes ago, Sudden said:

So, it takes three days to decorate the trees in the forests of tgtcwtf?

No, it takes 10 minutes to decorate them.
It takes 2 days 23 hours and 50 minutes to untangle the F ing lights that were carefully rolled up last year and have magically managed to coil into a ball of snakes!