Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

delems

Why 3 days intermission?

calter
22 hours ago, KMS said:

Keep in mind that intermissions sometimes are needed for patches, we have a few fixes in the works and deploying them during a campaign is always more risky than between them

BRING IT ON LIVE !!!

Nothing CRS can screw that we cannot swallow during campaign. Thats lousy excuse...

Merlin51
13 minutes ago, calter said:

BRING IT ON LIVE !!!

Nothing CRS can screw that we cannot swallow during campaign. Thats lousy excuse...

It is not a lousy excuse, that is only your opinion, which does not make it fact.
There are enough Paying players that would most definitely not enjoy having their campaign wind up being reset or messed up due to patching or DB changes mid campaign.
Are you offering to cover their subs so they can be part of your We?

david01
6 hours ago, merlin51 said:

It is not a lousy excuse, that is only your opinion, which does not make it fact.
There are enough Paying players that would most definitely not enjoy having their campaign wind up being reset or messed up due to patching or DB changes mid campaign.
Are you offering to cover their subs so they can be part of your We?

This is an excellent example of customer service.

CRS you should make this guy a community manager.

Merlin51
30 minutes ago, david01 said:

Confused?

You would enjoy it is they decided to go trying to patch or change something mid campaign and suddenly the towns you had won went POOF or some other bizarre thing happened?
I don't think that most of the people would find that too amusing at all, and that's not worth risking doing to them.

If it blows up in intermission, it doesn't matter, no harm no foul.
If it blew up really bad, they could swap over to the training server while they got things fixed, can't exactly do that during a live campaign, that's not fair to customers.

Sorry if you disagree

PITTPETE
43 minutes ago, david01 said:

Isn't it the truth though?

major0noob

its cause merlin defends CRS no matter the problem; from the mundane to straight up bugs

he lectures the obvious too much though, he'd be hated more than DOC

sideout
14 minutes ago, major0noob said:

he'd be hated more than DOC

Impossible..........

vasduten1
12 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Confused?

You would enjoy it is they decided to go trying to patch or change something mid campaign and suddenly the towns you had won went POOF or some other bizarre thing happened?
I don't think that most of the people would find that too amusing at all, and that's not worth risking doing to them.

If it blows up in intermission, it doesn't matter, no harm no foul.
If it blew up really bad, they could swap over to the training server while they got things fixed, can't exactly do that during a live campaign, that's not fair to customers.

Sorry if you disagree

Um, server rests and patches come out mid campaign all the time and even though towns that were almost finished off get reset, so does supply. I've seen people mad about those resets and patches, but not nearly as mad as being made to pay a sub for a game that shuts down for FIVE GD days the week before XMas.

Example:

Playing PUBG lately, and it's a blast. UR4 engine.

Last night they shut down the servers for a whopping 8 hours, (HOURS!) to implement v 1.0. 

Everyone went to the test server, and it was overfull. There's a game with MILLIONS playing, and they only have to shut down for 8 hours to reset for the next version of the game -an 18GB patch file. Five new weapons, a complete new map, numerous bug fixes and new animations, new features and new art.

Sure, the servers almost melted when they restarted and hey had to take them back down and add another patch, but still... maybe a period of 20 hours where nobody could play, and a ONE TIME FEE OF $30 to own the game. No subscription.

Now, look at DDO. There's a subscription based game, but it's HALF the cost of this one and the servers only come down for a few hours twice a week. Always introducing new content and new expansion packs.

Nobody wants to pay a subscription to a game that shuts down for 3-5 days at a time between campaigns.

I do, because there is nothing quite like this game, but man... I can see how new players would look at this whole game and just laugh. 

Go on defending things as they are though... you'll be as respected as DOC soon.,

actrade

I'm 53 years young and played off/on since day one. At my age, I'm more patient than most of the playerbase and in this case, I have to agree that with a lot of younger players getting out of school and even older players whose businesses shut down during the holidays, an intermission this long was probably uncalled for. 

vasduten1
3 hours ago, actrade said:

I'm 53 years young and played off/on since day one. At my age, I'm more patient than most of the playerbase and in this case, I have to agree that with a lot of younger players getting out of school and even older players whose businesses shut down during the holidays, an intermission this long was probably uncalled for. 

Seriously.

I have patience as well, but they could have reset in 8 hours, and done patches during the TZ3 low pop grind.

delems

Was really ludicrous if not stupid to have a 4 day intermission.

Especially when many people have breaks right now and available game time.

We just had a 3 day intermission a couple maps back; and this last one was 2 days or 1?

Way to much slack time going on; I don't play this to sit in intermission.

Nor do I want to be paying for intermission for 15% of the days.

Game should be in play mode at the very least 95% of the hours per month.

Meaning no more than 36 hours of intermission/maintenance resets per MONTH.

Personally, very disgusted by their decision.

bmw

2 days max. I dont mind that. Gives everyone some time slacktime and a chance to relax.  Thats not to long.....but yeah this last one was too long............as a matter of fact it was downright boring in game.  

• Like 1

Merlin51
5 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

Um, server rests and patches come out mid campaign all the time and even though towns that were almost finished off get reset, so does supply. I've seen people mad about those resets and patches, but not nearly as mad as being made to pay a sub for a game that shuts down for FIVE GD days the week before XMas.

Rarely, and when they did happen and messed something up, mad isn't quite how i'd have described it.
To use nice words, mass log off, with lots of people posting venomously DO NOT PATCH DURING CAMP.
Not only was it unfun for those who logged off in anger, it wasn't fun for those still logged in who were now a lot less.

So take your pick, side A doesn't want camps getting screwed up, side B wants there to never be intermission just patch and do maintenance live.

Which is least destructive, honestly?
You can't harm anything in intermission, not really, not in a way that counts.
Fine you might be bored, i get it, but at least no one is strolling by and undoing 30 hours worth of territory gains or something you've accomplished.

btw, if axis won at 20:00 GMT 18 12 2017 and campaign begins on 21 12 2017, isnt that 3 days rather than 5?

6 hours ago, major0noob said:

he'd be hated more than DOC

I liked Doc actually

vasduten1
On 12/21/2017 at 4:49 PM, merlin51 said:

I liked Doc actually

Yeah, he's a good guy.