• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
vasduten1

Switch to UR4

176 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, odonovan1 said:

They became "trendy."  They are the flavor of the day, so one time purchases will keep them going for a while.  See if they're still here in five or ten years.

-Irish

PUBG iterated on a previous concept. I remember when DayZ was an Arma mod and exploded in popularity despite being really slow and buggy and imbalanced, and in general defying all conventional market knowledge. Then it became a full game. Then H1Z1 came along. Now PUBG. It's just like WW2online being first to market with simulated WW2 tank combat, and then fiddling around for years with HC and brigades while World of Tanks came in and became one of the most profitable F2P games ever. As an example I think that this game is on track to get some kind of hybrid brigade system before it gets variable reload times for tank cannons.

Also this isn't 2001 and server and bandwidth costs are nothing compared to personnel costs. Depending on what hardware they have I could probably run WW2online out of my closet, but there's no way that I could afford to pay even an entry-level full time C++ dev or sysadmin.

PUBG is extremely popular due to the hype train it generated. 

Games like Day Z & H1Z1 captured a HUGE audience when they were new. However over time people fell out of touch with them because they were never improved and took FOREVER to come out of early access. 

People essentially moved on, until PUBG was announced. The hype train was HUGE. They took what DayZ and H1Z1 did and made it better - only in a battle royal setting. Once the game hit early access, it became immensely popular, and even more so when Twitch Streamers picked it up and dedicated all their time to it. Huge names in the Twitch community played it non stop, and still do. Some of them with millions of fans. With the constant streaming, and constant talk about the games ability to be fun even though it was essentially the same thing over and over again - it took off. Its now out of EA and just recently hit 3 MILLION concurrent players.   

Problem with WWIIONLINE is that it's 16 years old - the hype train is GONE. The chance the Rats had to revive it with the Steam release - was only semi successful and now the game carries a mostly negative review which keeps people away. No one wants to pay a sub, no one wanted to deal with the intense learning curve or the training, and people dislike the extremely dated graphics.

So where do we go from here? 

46 minutes ago, odonovan1 said:

It's not just porting the game over to U4, or rewriting some of it.  I can just imagine the whining when people have to have a top of the line gaming computer to play the game because the poly count on everything is so high the battles in town make your graphics card commit suicide.  No matter what you may say, at least the game is playable for the vast majority of folks.  And, if you're only in it for the graphics, you're doing it wrong.

I had an OLD friend, from the text-based MU*s (MUSHes, MUSEs, MUXes) of about 25 years ago, download the game and play for the first time, the other day.  He was almost shaking when he logged off.  He said everything going on around him, planes strafing, and the whole nine yards was "INTENSE."  He plays a ton of other games, including a lot of high end graphics games.  He got hooked on this game in the first five minutes.

-Irish

Well!

I built a PC from just my case and kept the 1Tb HDD as storage.

Got an i3, 16Gb RAM, a 1070 8GB card and did it all for around $1100.

This game doesn't improve with a better rig, but not because of the processing on my end. What makes it stink so much is that it can only use ONE chip in my MB, and it's 32bit, 2005 nonsense.

It's inefficient to run, even with it's craptastic graphics.

What's your point? That people won't want to invest in a new computer to play WWIIOL if it gets a new engine?!?!?

They already do this for other games like PUBG and KOTK, DayZ, Arma2 mods, BF1, and more to come.

The thing that kills this game on Steam is that people who already have serious rigs play this and just laugh, because the software is so out of date and the whole experience is lame despite boasting a gigantic map and combined arms.

Know what else offers a sandbox with combined arms and has better graphics? Minecraft.

That's also a one time fee to play

Your position seems to be that CRS should not even consider using a better engine because what... it'll be current, and current gaming software is data intensive?

New flash: WWIIOL is data intensive already and it can't even get out of it's own way, can't be modified, can't be worked with or on and only uses a single core of any processor.

Not to even get into the anti cheat capabilities of a 64bit game.

There is nothing to be gained in staying with this outdated version, and everythign to be lost in just blowing off the current market as if "WWIIOL has been doing just fine."

It hasn't been.

17 minutes ago, bmw2 said:

PUBG is extremely popular due to the hype train it generated. 

Games like Day Z & H1Z1 captured a HUGE audience when they were new. However over time people fell out of touch with them because they were never improved and took FOREVER to come out of early access. 

People essentially moved on, until PUBG was announced. The hype train was HUGE. They took what DayZ and H1Z1 did and made it better - only in a battle royal setting. Once the game hit early access, it became immensely popular, and even more so when Twitch Streamers picked it up and dedicated all their time to it. Huge names in the Twitch community played it non stop, and still do. Some of them with millions of fans. With the constant streaming, and constant talk about the games ability to be fun even though it was essentially the same thing over and over again - it took off. Its now out of EA and just recently hit 3 MILLION concurrent players.   

Problem with WWIIONLINE is that it's 16 years old - the hype train is GONE. The chance the Rats had to revive it with the Steam release - was only semi successful and now the game carries a mostly negative review which keeps people away. No one wants to pay a sub, no one wanted to deal with the intense learning curve or the training, and people dislike the extremely dated graphics.

Having played all of the games you mention, I will say that from a seasoned vet perspective, the hype train is justified here. 

King of the Kill was popular as well, but the prevalence of double tap head shot aim bot hackers is just too much to deal with.

It's rare to see a hacker in PUBG, and the ballistics models work well. When you catch someone in the neck or upper chest, they go down and start crawling as they bleed out.

Sneak to the top of a stairwell with an Uzi and unload a magazine into someone's face as they try your position out and you win. Have a nade tossed into a window behind you... and you're gonna be facked.

There's realistic bullet drop and loss of velocity over distance, and it's just a fun game overall.

Even if it is one of two maps, and "100 players drop in and deathmatch" over and over, but this is the most fun I've had with my squaddies in a while.

Where do we go from here?

As paying customers or as developers of this game?

As I'm not a CRS employee or volunteer, I cannot speak to that, but I know what I'd like to see, and that's an updated version that doesn't suck so much where people wouldn't be offended to pay a sub.

As a paying customer, I'm seeing diminishing returns and really low value here.

For what... the HOPE that someday this game won't be a joke? Come on.

Can't rely on brand loyalty forever now... no matter how much fun I USED to have in WWIIOL or how much the new team sweet talks us with promised improvements.

1 hour ago, david01 said:

If they want any hope of being able to move to UE4 then they need to boost subs as I think that crowdfunding such a project is unrealistic. Boosting subs means improving gameplay. Problem is that CRS doesn't even think that its product has bad gameplay most of the time, and when it does admit this it says that it's due to the engine or some other factor outside their control. Basic gameplay has been unacceptable for a long time and many players have told them this. Unfortunately they take the game's continued existence and even posts criticizing the gameplay as a complete validation of the game and its gameplay. Releasing on Steam was actually a good goal, but they released on Steam before fixing their gameplay and blew their biggest chance in years ("mostly negative" on Steam is very bad) to get more subs. 

I don't think I've seen an official list of what they think needs to be fixed in their FPS. What I do see are 10 minute AO radio timers, six-minute capture timers, 10 minute bunker timers, spawns that can't be set closer than 400m or so and take 1:30 to build; all kinds of things that slow down the game and make it really easy to defend and keep the map from moving. If both sides' HC is staffed and there isn't much map movement going on, then the game is assumed to be functioning fine. Not much concern about the FPS experience. Even the KE audit or small arms audit that's in the works doesn't seem to have happened because of an organic evaluation of their game but from browbeating by customers. They need to focus on the FPS.

You have so many ideas, why don't you volunteer to help. Perhaps you could put your $$$$ where your mouth is? Obviously you care about the game.

2 hours ago, bmw2 said:

Make what immediate improvements that they can to the FPS game, then focus on removing HC. Once the massive administrative cost and "quality of service" issue from that is gone they can focus on regrowing their subscriber base. They get like 10k normal subs again then they can reassess putting their only product on hold and rebuilding everything in UE4.

1 hour ago, Pittpete said:

You have so many ideas, why don't you volunteer to help. Perhaps you could put your $$$$ where your mouth is? Obviously you care about the game.

They don't need my time or my money to make improvements to their game, and in the past they haven't made good use of either. There are a host of good changes that cost them nothing (or just about) but they refuse to make them. Even the features that cost money like reimplementing private/squad missions they would never do because they disagree with them conceptually.

If you are serious about helping improve the game i'm sure the staff would welcome you with open arms. Your time is probably more important than $$$$ at this point in time.

I stepped up to volunteer and any time i have a concern it is met with open arms.

I would welcome back squad missions but then if they said they were putting them in game there would be a bunch that would yell from the rooftops against it.

You can't just do stuff because someone says it will make the game better.

They try to do things in small increments and then adjust but at least they are making changes.

Hey the other alternative is they shut the servers down and no one plays anything.....

5 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

It's rare to see a hacker in PUBG

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-hits-3-million-concurrent-players-and-15-million-cheater-bans/

Snort.  Makes the few we think we have running around in game, amateur hour.

So  1.5 million in bans means that these were all once in game.  I think I'll stick with WWIIOL as multiplayer online game and play the others as 1 player games. 

4 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

Know what else offers a sandbox with combined arms and has better graphics? Minecraft.

Ok this i gotta see
Video please?

WWIIOL is data intensive already

Yes, it is, i would not foresee it becoming less, not with the way that the simulations are done.

can't be modified

And what little bee whispers these things in your ear?
Can't be modified? EVERYTHING can be modified, ALL code can be modified.

only uses a single core of any processor.

For now.
Mac is dropping ALL 32 bit support.
If i were a betting man, i would say that would mean we will see a 64 bit client in the near future, cause they arent just going to wave BYE BYE to their mac players.
And once you have studied the code and how it all works in order to do that, you will probably have learned a bit about how to start multi threading it.
(Which most games STILL dont do the greatest job of, 8 cores and barely using 2, i bet this game could have a field day with 4)

There is nothing to be gained in staying with this outdated version

Who said they were?
You want everything else at a stand still in the meantime?
HATCH does aircraft, that's his thing, he knows flight models and such, he probably does not know a lot about rewriting an application to optimize for 64 bit or for multi threading, Nor would i expect him to know how to write a new 3d renderer, thats kind of a specialty thing.

How bout the guy that does 3d models, or the guy the makes the textures, or the guy who takes the 3d models and turns them into game functional vehicles?

You want them all to go in a corner and wank off while they watch whoever's specialty that kind of coding is hammer out what's probably a pretty long combined project?

I personally dont think most people are going to be very cool sitting around for 9 to 12 months with nothing except
an occasional post "Stopped wanking, looked over at coder, he is still typing. He seemed creeped out by us, moving to another corner"
Because it is going to be a boring process with nothing to write about that players are going to care to hear until it's actually in alpha testing and you can show them something visual. (In fact, personally i wouldn't mention a word of it until that point, like poof oh by the way....)
And then of course you have to test it, there will be bugs because software ALWAYS has bugs, so it has to go through that whole process, then perhaps an open beta process, oh but no one is here to open beta it.

Why? because they got left to sit all that time with nothing, when they could have had new vehicles, and better ballistics, better gameplay and flight model audits etc etc etc that can all be dropped into a revamped 64bit multithreaded optimized 3d renderer client easily enough.

11 hours ago, dre21 said:

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-hits-3-million-concurrent-players-and-15-million-cheater-bans/

Snort.  Makes the few we think we have running around in game, amateur hour.

So  1.5 million in bans means that these were all once in game.  I think I'll stick with WWIIOL as multiplayer online game and play the others as 1 player games. 

1.5 million banned and 3 million or so playing. That's a third of people who played and got kicked for trying to hack.

That's  like 4.5 million that downloaded it, assuming they all bought the game and those that tried to hack got banned. How is that bad?

That says to me that there are passable anti-cheat measures in place.

I happen to know from long experience over the years that players who hack usually get caught and banned. They get greedy and become painfully obvious to anyone watching.

All the figures you list show is that with a big game population, and popularity, comes hack attempts and bans.

CRS would kill to have 4.5 million people playing their game, and would be awfully glad to be able to say they've banned over 1.5 million players for hacking.

What's your point? That because it's so big there are more people?

That's pretzel logic.

9 hours ago, merlin51 said:

And what little bee whispers these things in your ear?
Can't be modified? EVERYTHING can be modified, ALL code can be modified.

Dude... every time we ask about terrain, damage models, buildings, the ability to hop through a window, step over a log, stop the rocking caused by the TERRAIN, remove or modify the FBs, AFs, or pretty much ANYTHING that generates off of the game's engine we are told that CRS doesn't have the capacity or manpower. It's a constant theme here for the past four years.

They repeat this over and over... they can't change the terrain code and barely understand it because it's a custom engine from 2001 and all the people who created it are long gone and never going to help the new team fix what's broken in it.

Ask any Rat if they were given the funds to do so if they would switch everything they could over to updated and USABLE code with a working dev interface and modification software and see what they say. 

Where the heck have YOU been all this time? La La Land, apparently.

3D engines have come a LONG way since 2001, and yet.. here you are, defending the use of it as if I'm making it all up.

You really must be in denial.

You want everything else at a stand still in the meantime?

Yes.

That's exactly what I want. Run the crappy current version while it's all done, because that's what they're doing already, except they are wasting time and resources on trying to nurse new units into the game and make a big push for Steam.

I wanted them to NOT devote the precious little resources they have toward Steam, or for deleting the ground texture and color to make "snow", or making presents and new units the throw even more CRAPPY HE against aircraft with messed up damage models, insane acrobatic flight models for medium bombers and all the rest of the clunky gameplay we have now so that the game can actually grow and not turn new players off.

I said all of this, but kept paying to support the development of HE/KE fixes for a year. That period has ended, and so has my patience for playing a clunky, badly modeled war sim where the FPS game is crap and the air game a joke.

For now.
Mac is dropping ALL 32 bit support.
If i were a betting man, i would say that would mean we will see a 64 bit client in the near future, cause they arent just going to wave BYE BYE to their mac players.
And once you have studied the code and how it all works in order to do that, you will probably have learned a bit about how to start multi threading it.
(Which most games STILL dont do the greatest job of, 8 cores and barely using 2, i bet this game could have a field day with 4)

They're going to have to update, no matter what you say.

Why move to 64bit with THIS engine at all?

All you've said in this last bit was hyperbole and speculation. I've been paying for speculation for YEARZZZZZ and I'm done with it.

I've unsubbed.

You go on pining for fun FPS gameplay and paying for something you have been promised but don't have, I'll just go elsewhere to play a squad-based FPS where my bullets don't spread to musket-era ballistics and genades actually work and can be thrown reliably and not get "tangled up" on a windowsill, bounce back out at some random angle and then land at my feet. 

How can you defend the gameplay here?

You really can't, but you're awfully adept at pushing the promise of fixes as if that's where the value is.

It's not.

You don't get what you pay for here. You get told some really GOOD stuff is coming, for many years.

This game has always had great potential, but it's not been realized yet and anyone will tell you that the path to the future HAS to be through an updated, dev-friendly engine and a team to work on everything.

If a small group of Aussies can pool over $300,000 toward Hell Let Loose since last March and grow by leaps and bounds, hiring a huge dev team and working toward a release in Q2 2018, then CRS should be able to cobble together SOMETHING better on UR4 and sell that in a kickstarter campaign and hire devs to make it happen.

No, they deleted the ground terrain to be BLANK and called it "snow".

They added SPAA that chucks crap HE to bombers with bad damage models.

They have a big release on steam and players come in to try an SMG out and it's like operating a garden hose at 20M or toss a grenade to see the wacky hi-jinx that unfold when they try to throw it and then when they finally manage to get it within range of EI, it goes off and nobody is hurt.

You think this is OK.

You want ME put down the bong? Please.

Don't insult me because I only have the POV of am end-user of this game and want to see actual improvements and not more promises.

Don't insult me because I'm tired of paying $120-179.88/yr to play this game and for being disappointed with that.

You keep drinking that Kool-Aid... and if CRS doesn't wake up to the reality that this game's FPS experience is an utter joke then...

23335.gif

You sure sound impassioned for a guy who quits Vas. Why not take that passion and energy and volunteer to improve the game instead of stomping off in a huff. Vitriol is not what the dev guys need, although the need to vent IS understandable.

31 minutes ago, bmbm said:

You sure sound impassioned for a guy who quits Vas. Why not take that passion and energy and volunteer to improve the game instead of stomping off in a huff. Vitriol is not what the dev guys need, although the need to vent IS understandable.

I am impassioned.

I've always loved the concept of this game, and I've been a huge fan since 2000 when I saw it in beta. It's not my loyalty or devotion that's being called into question here. It's the lack of value in the current build for a monthly subscription fee.

Let me spell it out for you, Chuckles.

I was about to hang it up over a year ago when Hatch came aboard and announce that the FIRST order of business was to look at the 109 FM. He did, and FIXED the flop.

Immediately there was news of an HE audit and I pledged to stay around for a year in the hopes that my sub money would help to attain this goal. It was important to me.

News came of a combined HE/KE audit and I was doubly excited. scotsman cam on board and began laying out how the fixes would look and what ammo was to be modeled, and accurately at that.

I stayed on, of course.

In the meantime, I've offered my volunteer service to help with 3D art, testing or whatever they needed that I could help with, and was told that they had the art team they needed now and "Thanks, but no thanks.".

Now it's over a year since the HE announcement, 9 months past the HE/KE announcement and we're being told "sometime later in 2018" for implementation of the fixes.

I've spent well over $150 to stay here and muddle through, after staying here and muddling through for four years since they took the reins, paying a sub the whole time.

How much SHOULD someone who in impassioned be expected to pay for a game to promises much and delivers precious little?

Hmm? 

$1,000? 

$2,000?

How much should a person defend the work of the devs when the devs aren't putting efforts into updating the game or implementing fixes we've all been waiting for for a decade?

I don't know, but I'm sure between you and Merlin51, we'll find out just how fervent True Believers can be.

Billing this game as "software as a service" for a game with bad modeling, clunky graphics, tired gameplay and people like you who bury their heads in the sand refusing to believe that it's anything other than "Learn2Play n00b" is not just unrealistic, it's downright INSULTING.

Sure, I'll keep paying... and keep offering my volunteer efforts for yet another dissatisfying year... just hold your breath and wait.

Edited to add:

I have been reserving this for Merlin51, but it fits for you as well...

23335.gif

Edited by vasduten1

8 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

and people like you who bury their heads in the sand refusing to believe that it's anything other than "Learn2Play n00b" is not just unrealistic, it's downright INSULTING.

Well, Chuckles, when you gripe about stuff that is clearly caused by player-made choices or simple facts of competitive gameplay it does get rather tiresome. I'm all aboard with the bugs and missing features but I choose to not let that stand in my way. You do as you please but save me the drama fercrissakes. 

2 hours ago, bmbm said:

Well, Chuckles, when you gripe about stuff that is clearly caused by player-made choices or simple facts of competitive gameplay it does get rather tiresome. I'm all aboard with the bugs and missing features but I choose to not let that stand in my way. You do as you please but save me the drama fercrissakes. 

You showed up to post in a thread I started about the game's terrain engine and act as if the cost of paying to play this game is somehow justified, you berate me for stating my opinion, and take a jab for not "hanging in there" and even for not volunteering my time, where I have done both, for far too long and I'm tired of it all.

So now I rebut your baseless defense of the status quo here whereby you blame the playerbase AS USUAL, and you get mad and pretend these are player-driven-content issues when clearly, they're not.

You're entitled to your opinion, but be aware: if you don't stay on topic and instead attack my style of game play, even though I've been towing ATGs and working with squaddies and blue tags for tows and support of the attacks and defenses for years, you're gonna get some flak, jack.

I believe I've given quite enough to this game, and to the overall health of it in the 17 years I've played off and on.

Certainly, I have spent enough money in subs and fundraising efforts.

So, what more do you have for us?

Maybe you could talk about how the game is fine and needs no development past a few new units a year while keeping the mess that is NOT attracting new players and driving old vets off in droves going?

Please, do go on hijacking this thread to do so.

3 hours ago, bmbm said:

The amount of negative reviews on Steam would seem to disagree with your assessment that the problems are player made.

1 person likes this

They must reconsider a new engine, a new terrain editor, indeed, but we (the community) must accept to drastically decrease the size of the map and see them re-create the world from scratch, step by step.

Now it's over a year since the HE announcement, 9 months past the HE/KE announcement and we're being told "sometime later in 2018" for implementation of the fixes.

Dude, yes we know steam offset the release of that some, but they needed to do that to get the game out in other markets, no one goes down to the game store for PC games anymore. (Actually all the ones i remember seem to be closed)
We needed someplace for the game to be seen and be available, it delayed stuff :( but it wont need done again

Offset aside, you are talking about going through every single piece of ammo used in the game, and i take it from scotsman's posts that entails future as well as current ammo, like AP40 is you play axis.
That is a lot of individual things to rebuild and test and validate, cause you know, we dont want them buggy or with new issues, so test test test.

Every piece of ammo is going to change, from the sappers pistol, to the flak30's 20mm, to a 109s 20mm AP/HE/mine loadout to 37mm to 88mm to bombs and grenades etc all of it. I dont expect that is a fast thing to do and test ? You don't want it working all buggy, at least i don't, that would suck more than waiting.

when the devs aren't putting efforts into updating the game

How would you know this?
You could say it isn't done yet, and yes you would be correct, you could say it isn't fast enough for you, and it would still be valid at least for you, but you aren't sitting over one of their shoulders so you don't know what a person is doing, or how many hours they are putting in or how much it takes to accomplish something etc.

That's like me assuming you sit around all day in Mom's basement just because i cant see what you are doing.
How the hell would i know? For all i know you work 70+ hours a week to take care of your disabled sister and elderly mother.
Or i could just assume you lounge in a wonderful basement you arent even home long enough to see. 

By the way i reject that poor quality jimmy buffet wanna be thingy there
I want a top quality gif dammit

2 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

So now I rebut your baseless defense of the status quo here whereby you blame the playerbase AS USUAL, and you get mad and pretend these are player-driven-content issues when clearly, they're not.

I dunno, looks to me like you're lining up a ton of gripes about the game to rationalize your quitting. Quit all you like and YEAH, I do hear your gripes and many of them are real and valid. I'm not "defending the status quo" - I'm telling you I can live with it, which is something else than defending it. Of course I'd love to have a better terrain engine and whatnot - I'm in full agreement there but I also realize that it's not a thing you accomplish easily, and that we don't have access to intel of what CRS is doing or planning in that regard. 

And for the record, I don't "blame the playerbase" - that's a strawman argument that you keep pulling out for whatever reason I'm not going to even try to analyze – what I do say is that players make their own choices and maybe they should try to live with them, OK? Maybe moderate their expectations of success in the face of acute adversity? That's not "blaming the playerbase", that's just plain common sense.

I wish you good luck in your future gaming experiences and hope you'll be back to check out the awesome stuff that will happen with this game, probably sooner rather than later.

On 12/29/2017 at 4:19 PM, vasduten1 said:

It's rare to see a hacker in PUBG

My snort comment was aimed at this . With 1.5 million accounts banned and more to follow.  My simple math is with 3 million players and 1.5 million cheaters I guess u run into them often. 

It's nice that they have a good anti cheat system cause they need it . 

Don't get me wrong or misunderstand me , I get what you are talking about and the  game of WWIIOL.

In my eyes the HE audit should have been in before the Steam release , also I think the steam release hurt the game more then it did good ( but that's just my opinion) .

We will see what 2018 brings . 

Take a break play some other games look in from time to time , heck cancel your sub if that makes you happy and pop in as a F2P account. 

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, bmbm said:

And for the record, I don't "blame the playerbase" - that's a strawman argument that you keep pulling out for whatever reason I'm not going to even try to analyze – what I do say is that players make their own choices and maybe they should try to live with them, OK? Maybe moderate their expectations of success in the face of acute adversity? That's not "blaming the playerbase", that's just plain common sense.

It's all you ever do here.

Just because you don't "mind" the bugs and bad mechanics/clunky-chunky gameplay it doesn't make this a marketable or even a viable game.

Nobody really plays Quake any more, but the game's current owners aren't trying to repackage and sell the 1998 version for a subscription, either.

Moderate expectations?!?!? What, most people who try this game say, "cool idea but the gameplay stinks." so they need to moderate their expectations?

Seems arse-backwards to me, especially when everyone here knows just how awful the FPS experience can be here most of the time.

I'll be back, for sure, but not until the HE/KE audit is implemented.

I said as much in my exit survey.

11 minutes ago, dre21 said:

My snort comment was aimed at this . With 1.5 million accounts banned and more to follow.  My simple math is with 3 million players and 1.5 million cheaters I guess u run into them often. 

It's nice that they have a good anti cheat system cause they need it . 

Don't get me wrong or misunderstand me , I get what you are talking about and the  game of WWIIOL.

In my eyes the HE audit should have been in before the Steam release , also I think the steam release hurt the game more then it did good ( but that's just my opinion) .

We will see what 2018 brings . 

Take a break play some other games look in from time to time , heck cancel your sub if that makes you happy and pop in as a F2P account. 

Well, any game is going to have people trying and succeeding at hacking. That's the way of the online gaming world.

That they have banned 1.5 million so far tells me they are serious about keeping riff raff out, and there is a "report" button right there after you die if you feel it was suspect.

I've been playing it a lot lately, and have yet to be suspiciously killed, so that's good enough for me.

I agree that the Steam release was not well timed and did more harm than good.

It delayed a lot of development that HAS to be finished, and well... it showed all sorts of new gamers how bad the game is. There was death lag, on top of it all, too.

Not a good decision, but I went with it. I wanted so very badly to see the HE/KE audit put in, and it's only being delayed more and more for stuff like "snow" and SPAA using existing awful HE.

Bah.

We'll see after the audits are in. I'll keep an eye on my inbox.

Well this has been an interesting post. Right now we have two things to factor in to the planning here at Cornered Rat Software, and it really falls under at this point my purview and the direction I am setting for the team.

I am in the process of building a second development wing here at CRS. Its focus is to create newer gen artwork and beginning the process of laying the foundation pieces to get into the Unreal Engine. 

The current development team of WWII Online, which I call "Wing 1 of CRS," will continue down its current track and we have a 2018 Roadmap we're preparing to share with you.

Our ultimate long-term mission is  to do what ever is necessary to keep WWII Online alive and build a bridge to the future. The people we have working on WWII Online right now (like you and me) are die-hard fans and want to see it go on. The people who will be joining the Second Wing of CRS will be focused on the creation of content which will be shareable by the entirety of CRS, so that when we are in a position to get 2.0 rolling there's a lot of content available.

CRS will remain a hardcore realistic war gaming company, and we'll continue to work in the realm that we're most familiar with which is World War II. Our ultimate mission is the longevity of WWII Online. My personal goal is to create a product that remains true to the hardcore realism that we see in WWII Online, that the modern market is more acceptable of, all the while creating the content for the next iteration of WWIIOL and getting people seasoned in the UE4 engine, and laying down the foundation for a proper launch both technically and financially.

I hope that doesn't scare anyone, as I should re-enforce that we're bringing on new people for Wing 2 and the team will continue to grow and get better at Wing 1. Our 2018 roadmap will demonstrate quite clearly that we've got a lot coming. More than that, our development and production pipeline looks incredibly strong for the beginning of 2018 as well to back all of that up.

So again,  we'll have two simultaneously wings under CRS and both are working towards the longevity of WWIIOL and are both working to help one another succeed. That's the best I can do with the cards we have to work with, and I hope I have your support and encouragement.

S! 

6 people like this

Matt (xoom).

I would happily accept no new toys, no vehicles, whatever, in the current game in exchange for all dev to go into version 2. 

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, rotsechs said:

Matt (xoom).

I would happily accept no new toys, no vehicles, whatever, in the current game in exchange for all dev to go into version 2. 

It's not that simple though... we're going to have to get ourselves into a position where can realistically develop a new product, with limited funding capabilities. The goal is, to create a product that sets the baseline for 2.0, but is more achievable with the resources that we have. The intent being, grow that resource pool, garner more support for a 2.0 release with the general market and get it funded (well funded) through a Kickstarter type goal.

Going straight from what we have to a 2.0 isn't really feasible at least for the foreseeable future. So, if we can get that process started now with a new dev wing while our current guys continue to make improvements and keep the ship healthy, I think that's the most intelligent thing we can do to not lose opportunity and time.

We're really blessed to have the support of the community and the people (volunteers) on our team btw. We wouldn't be able to keep this up if it wasn't for you all. We have to do some pretty amazing and bold things to get what we want and ride into the future.

2 people like this

On 12/29/2017 at 4:56 PM, vasduten1 said:

Wow, area capture, a map that is won or lost in stages and in assaults and it's on UR4.

Sat photo maps, realistic weapons performance... I think this looks and feels GOOD.

Currently tanks and infantry, but planes are coming sooner than CRS will have an HE/KE audit implemented.

There's a command aspect of HLL also... directing observation posts, garrisons and the like.

It's got almost ALL of what WWIIOL offers, but in 4kmX4km sized fights at a time.

Still a campaign.

Still an ongoing battle sim and though you can't fly the whole map, why the hell would anyone WANT to?

To go drop bombs on a factory 20,000km away?

If I was in @XOOM position I would be contacting those guys and talking about a partnership and have both of the teams work together in WW2ol 2.0.. CRS has a lot of hardware, a community of paying subscribers, a good name for a game, a better game concept and some good network devs I suppose plus having a dev team on australia and US means they could have almost an extended working day this would increase productivity and possibly also reduces some costs with licenses.

Edited by pbveteran