• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
captcrayon

Was Steam a Success?

23 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, sorry I have not been on in awhile, I've been busy with life and other games and I decided to stop by and see how everyone and the game is doing, and I was sort of shocked to see that there are not many players on that I thought there would be.  Last time I was on is when Steam went live and there were HUNDREDS of players on fighting for the map which was intense and awesome at the same time, now there is barely a hundred on at a time on a good day.  

I was wondering if steam actually did this game any good or did it fail for the rats?  So far when I was on steam the rating for this game was pretty bad, but yet people still give it good reviews.  This game really is a great game but I'm just wondering if steam did this game justice or not.   Anyway I wish this game and the rats a happy new year and hope this game makes a turn for the better.

Definitely a success, we went in with open eyes knowing the Steam Community and not expecting rave reviews, our game is unique and many many Steam players fell in love with it for the same reasons we did, many many more spent 20 minutes jogging and quit, look at the ingame time for the reviews, not many gave it the effort we all know it takes to really have fun here, no prob, we knew that going in.

We got exposure, we grabbed a lot of new people, we never expected to be WoW, it's working out well

1 person likes this

there's still post-early access... or they can keep ignoring all the negative reviews and treat it like another WBS promo

6 minutes ago, major0noob said:

keep ignoring all the negative reviews

considering a lot of them log the bare minimum time required to post a review, which is what? 10 minutes?
Yes, there is a lot i would ignore.
When this game came out, it took me way long that 10 minutes to read the manual, and i still didnt know how to wipe my arse so to speak
And the ones that you could equate to someone rating minecraft bad because everything was made of blocks, i kind of ignore those too

12 hours ago, KMS said:

We got exposure, we grabbed a lot of new people, we never expected to be WoW, it's working out well

29.12.2017 SteamSpy:   550k downloads, lots of players trying it, following it, active youtube. 

Metascore: 73% 
Owners: 550,579 ± 22,585
Players in the last 2 weeks: 16,001 ± 3,852 (2.91%)
Players total: 243,409 ± 15,021 (44.21%)
Followers: 19,224
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 93
YouTube stats: 1,185 views and 31 comments for videos uploaded last week, 5 new videos uploaded yesterday.

Having just come back to the game in the last month after taking a break (day 1 player), I can tell you I've seen more greentags than I've seen at any point since shortly after release. I know that's not scientific, but there definitely has been a spike in new players. 

8 hours ago, merlin51 said:

considering a lot of them log the bare minimum time required to post a review, which is what? 10 minutes?
Yes, there is a lot i would ignore.
When this game came out, it took me way long that 10 minutes to read the manual, and i still didnt know how to wipe my arse so to speak
And the ones that you could equate to someone rating minecraft bad because everything was made of blocks, i kind of ignore those too

didn't say a lot, said all

An organic "mostly negative" rating is practically unheard of on Steam. Usually when you see one it's because the game got suddenly review-bombed by angry players (PUBG), it's an abandoned early access game (Spacebase DF-9) or a nonfunctional PC port of an older game. Even the industry flops usually manage a "mixed" rating.

It is hard to gauge success .....

If you go by ratings number it would look like no , but with the tools that i have at my hand to watch numbers and the activity at the training grounds show a significant rise. 

Everywhere i go in the game i see new green tags .... so just being a new way of getting us out in the eyes of the world  and getting new players to try the game i would very much say YES it is a success !!!

Now retaining them is the hardest part and that takes effort by EVERYONE!

4 people like this

For the past several months I play almost exactly the same hours every day 2 PM to 8 PM GMT, since we’re well past the huge spike that resulted from release on steam the daily average  in players online seems to me to be approximately double what it was prior to steam, that is just how it feels to me judging by the number of AO’s  and just how the game feals,  so to me personally it certainly seems that it was a success at least to some degree 

So, what is the percentage of increase due to new players becoming subscribers??

Did we double our player base?

steamspy 16.01.18   almost hit 600k downloads this week. steam players (not including regular players) between 55-125 most days. 

Metascore: 73% 
Owners: 589,430 ± 24,149
Players in the last 2 weeks: 14,755 ± 3,823 (2.5%)
Players total: 252,391 ± 15,807 (42.82%)
Followers: 19,807
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 53
YouTube stats: 995 views and 48 comments for videos uploaded last week, 2 new videos uploaded yesterday.

Although the reviews on steam are between "mixed" and "mostly negative" they are to be taken with a grain of salt. Considering most of them hardly have enough hours clocked to write a review. The other complaints you'll see are about the subscriptions and it not actually being "free" so to speak, the graphics and the complexity.  

I believe CRS can improve on 2 of these things over time. However, over all I think it was a success in terms of getting the game out there, and getting new players on board. Now it's up to us to teach new players and CRS to improve on aspects of the game. 

Player base spiked at first - but the spike has died down, which is to be expected. However, there are certainly more players than before. 

On 1/14/2018 at 2:16 PM, OHM said:

If you go by ratings number it would look like no , but with the tools that i have at my hand to watch numbers and the activity at the training grounds show a significant rise. 

Everywhere i go in the game i see new green tags .... so just being a new way of getting us out in the eyes of the world  and getting new players to try the game i would very much say YES it is a success !!!

Now retaining  them is the hardest part and takes effort by EVERYONE .

You say , then lock the damn chat bar for new players ,make that when u send said players a PM that they can see it (hence lock the chat bar) something . 

The only chat I can get across to new players is if I run to them and just hit enter and whisper to them which alerts every other enemy in earshot of it.

That has a 1% SUCCESS rate, if that.

The tutorial needs to address how to tune into the chat  , mission ,target channel 10 and 20 for Axis and Side channel and whatever the Allies tune in. And did I mention lock the chat bar cause what I just said about the tutorial means a hill a beans if the new guy toggles the chat bar off 1st thing he logs in.

Edited by dre21

Honestly I can’t believe I kept playing in 2001 after realizing the He111 was on the box but not even on the drawing board; Allies didn’t have player AAA; the AI at an airfield was a complete joke and allowed Axis jackasses to vulch Antwerp like complete tools; British had to use a Char to blow FBs; the map would get Opel rushed in as little as 3 hours... I’m such a world history buff, especially WWII history, I can’t let go. I love the fact when I manage (not often) to kill someone it irritates them. I’m an old man now. Had no gray when I started. I’ve pitched fits before and walked away, I’ve gone through times when I maintained 5 pay subs at once. I’m glad the lights are still on. To those who are here because of the Steam release, thank you. Thanks to all of you who are keeping the game going.

I've noticed a lot more recruits.  Had some serious fights that were great. 

You give them a fight they will show. 

Had an awesome FB battle , poor guys did not know how to set a FMS so after u killed them all they kept coming back and back and back. Till someone with the know how helped and they set an FMS that's when I called for reinforcement.  They came to battle cause they did not know to blow an FB , once a more Veteran player joined I knew it's on and me alone as a sniper would not be enough and the FB would have fallen.

Glad that allow of you have said there are more players still playing the game that's a good sign, I would like to hear from a rat themselves to tell us if steam was a success or not but it's still nice to hear players stayed.  Hope 2018 proves to be a great year for this game, especially during the summer

On 1/14/2018 at 3:16 PM, OHM said:

OHM answered a few days ago and he's a Rat