Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

delems

88 still worthless

saronin
12 minutes ago, stankyus said:

The M10s sites have been corrected

Documented source?

stankyus

t_88mm_212.jpg

88mm-flak-37.jpg

stankyus
1 minute ago, saronin said:

Documented source?

Go back a ways in the Readme patches by CRS.  Been this way for mb a year or more. 

jlangemann

You're also missing this:  18ton_88.jpg

saronin
5 minutes ago, stankyus said:

Go back a ways in the Readme patches by CRS.  Been this way for mb a year or more. 

I meant historical documented source for the periscope on the M10, and not the M10 gun sight used on the Sherman, which are two different things.

major0noob

the m10 had a 1 pixel crosshair(!), it was eye-straining. it was thinner than this:

_l_

stankyus
2 minutes ago, saronin said:

I meant historical documented source for the periscope on the M10, and not the M10 gun sight used on the Sherman, which are two different things.

What periscope on the M10?  You have drivers view like 90% of the tanks in the game, commanders binoculars which double as the range finder and gun site view.  I don't have a periscope.

saronin
3 minutes ago, stankyus said:

What periscope on the M10?  You have drivers view like 90% of the tanks in the game, commanders binoculars which double as the range finder and gun site view.  I don't have a periscope.

I'm actually talking about the M70G Telescopic sight used on M10G tank destroyers.  Not to be confused with the M10 periscope put in Shermans.

What it the Magnification on the M70G Telescopic sight?  What is it in game?

Edited by saronin

stankyus
9 minutes ago, jlangemann said:

You're also missing this:  18ton_88.jpg

Posted that one on the prior page. Its the SPG I mentioned.  It could not be fired at ground targets unless it was faced forward can could not be traversed more that 20^ to either side or it would flip the truck.

vasduten1
47 minutes ago, stankyus said:

I think push speed is important - so I would disagree with you there.  The 3" should actually do better pushing as it had IIRC inflatable tires which gave it better maneuverability over terrain.

The 88 should not be missing at 1k - it should hit where the crosshairs are pointed at 1k.  I know that is not the case in the game.  However the 17pdr and 3" also had a 100% hit at 1k... that is not the case though the 17pdr does pretty well at hitting a target at 1k, I would say just north of 80% of the time.. its not so with the 3" atg or the M10.  Just this last intermission I got pissed because on flat ground I ranged the rear end of a StugG from the flank - 930m. Put the cross hairs on it and missed 7 times.. then got 2 hits and he rolled forward with some white smoke.  Never killed him before I got RPATED.

As for the pak36 jumping wildly.. judge for yourself.

The pak36 looks like its bouncing across the ground - yah?.. LOL.  I think I saw it shutter mb.. I think.

All the ATGs and weapons need fixing.

As for your video clip... i only saw maybe 10% of those 37MM guns hop when firing.

I don't recall seeing the crews UNdeploy and REdeploy the gun after almost every shot though, or more than would be a quick adjustment of the sight picture to fire again.

What we have in WWIIOL doesn't render third person... it only shows up in the gunner position.

It's a mess.

stankyus
3 minutes ago, saronin said:

I'm actually talking about the M70G Telescopic sight used on M10G tank destroyers.  Not to be confused with the M10 periscope put in Shermans.

Well you are confusing me.. I first talked about the gun sites being fixed to its correct zoom, then you said periscope, now you are talking about the telescopic site which would be the gun reticle?   So I am going to assume you mean the site and site magnification.  The M70 telescopic sites.  The Sherman site is a M70F - 3x scope with 12 degree 19 minute FOV.  The M10 tank destroyer site is the M70G which as the same magnification as the M70F, just adjusted for the 3" ammo in the reticle. Both the versions have the same reticle site picture layout.

saronin
1 minute ago, stankyus said:

Well you are confusing me.. I first talked about the gun sites being fixed to its correct zoom, then you said periscope, now you are talking about the telescopic site which would be the gun reticle?   So I am going to assume you mean the site and site magnification.  The M70 telescopic sites.  The Sherman site is a M70F - 3x scope with 12 degree 19 minute FOV.  The M10 tank destroyer site is the M70G which as the same magnification as the M70F, just adjusted for the 3" ammo in the reticle. Both the versions have the same reticle site picture layout.

And is the M10 sight a 3x magnification?  Or... did they just roll it back to 5x magnification like on the M71 sight?

stankyus
5 minutes ago, saronin said:

And is the M10 sight a 3x magnification?  Or... did they just roll it back to 5x magnification like on the M71 sight?

The one we have now is 3x magnification.

saronin
Just now, stankyus said:

The one we have now is 3x magnification.

I hope so.  Because the readme said "The Gunsights for the Sherman’s and M10 have been reverted back to the state they were in prior to the release of v1.34.10."

The old sight was base on the M71D with a 5x with a 13 degree FOV version of the scope. It had the reticle for the 76mm guns and was used on those tanks. This was the sight commonly found on M4A1 and M4A2 76 tanks.

stankyus
9 minutes ago, saronin said:

However you bring up a very good point - I think we have the M4A3 in the game but it would be very nice to give us some M4a1s or M4a2s 76's.  They had the M71 sites in them. That would be a very nice addition.

saronin
3 minutes ago, stankyus said:

However you bring up a very good point - I think we have the M4A3 in the game but it would be very nice to give us some M4a1s or M4a2s 76's.  They had the M71 sites in them. That would be a very nice addition.

It would be nice to know what he magnification is @XOOM.

Merlin51
30 minutes ago, stankyus said:

Due to an issue on high resolutions, it got rolled back, at least for now.
Last patch. THink its temporarily stealing the M4A3 sight?

17 minutes ago, saronin said:

M70G is 3 power magnification @12° FOV Used on 75mm shermans and used on M10 tank destroyer with 76mm reticle
M71D is 5 power magnification @ 13° FOV used on 76mm gunned shermans

28 minutes ago, major0noob said:

the m10 had a 1 pixel crosshair(!), it was eye-straining. it was thinner than this:

this is why it got rolled back, for now i guess ^^^
not all of us can see it, depends on monitor and resolution, looked fine on my monitor, someone sent me a screenshot @1920X1080 and you couldnt hardly see the reticle at all :( like you could not even read it.

I dont like what it has now, but i can understand it as a temp fix

19 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

All the ATGs and weapons need fixing.

Needs like more friction?
Or invisible spikes that pin it to the ground on deployment.
Deployable guns have always had issues sticking to the ground, remember racing flak 30's across the AF by firing them?

stankyus
3 minutes ago, saronin said:

I hope so.  Because the readme said "The Gunsights for the Sherman’s and M10 have been reverted back to the state they were in prior to the release of v1.34.10."

The old sight was base on the M71D with a 5x with a 13 degree FOV version of the scope. It had the reticle for the 76mm guns and was used on those tanks. This was the sight commonly found on M4A1 and M4A2 76 tanks.

Ok, did we just repatch?  I last time I played was the day the snow started. If we have patched again, and the readme says they rolled the sites back to the 5x then that is news to me.

If we get another Sherman variant, I want the M10 sites !!.  Just read up on those - Adjustable 1x - 6x for the 75-76mm shermans.

Merlin51

Stanky isnt the HT based vehicle actually a mobile AA platform though?
In intention at least?

BMBM
59 minutes ago, saronin said:

Except historically speaking I could dig into the hill to level out the gun so I have a shot just over the top of the hill. Tried that in WWII Online lately?

Historically speaking the M10 zoom was less then on the sights we have in game. Yet nobody wanted to “deal with it”.

Spare me your historical argument hypocrisy. 

You know very well that terrain deformation is beyond the capability of the current engine, that this deficiency is impartial, and that it would likely not improve your chances anyhow were it possible to dig in at a user-defined angle. And BTW, your attitude sucks.

• Like 1

saronin
1 minute ago, bmbm said:

You know very well that terrain deformation is beyond the capability of the current engine, that this deficiency is impartial, and that it would likely not improve your chances anyhow were it possible to dig in at a user-defined angle. And BTW, your attitude sucks.

As does yours.  Your statement about "Yammering" about it will get you nowhere was clearly factually incorrect.  See M10 debate.

stankyus
2 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Due to an issue on high resolutions, it got rolled back, at least for now.
Last patch. THink its temporarily stealing the M4A3 sight?

M70G is 3 power magnification @12° FOV Used on 75mm shermans and used on M10 tank destroyer with 76mm reticle
M71D is 5 power magnification @ 13° FOV used on 76mm gunned shermans

this is why it got rolled back, for now i guess ^^^
not all of us can see it, depends on monitor and resolution, looked fine on my monitor, someone sent me a screenshot @1920X1080 and you couldnt hardly see the reticle at all :( like you could not even read it.

I dont like what it has now, but i can understand it as a temp fix

Needs like more friction?
Or invisible spikes that pin it to the ground on deployment.
Deployable guns have always had issues sticking to the ground, remember racing flak 30's across the AF by firing them?

M71s where used  in the A1 and A2 76mm tanks.  The M4a3 used well TBH I really don't know, I do know that ALL the S76 variants had telescopic sites they had either 3x mag, 5x mag or variable 1x to 6x magnification. I think the one in the game is 3x.

Merlin51
2 minutes ago, bmbm said:

You know very well that terrain deformation is beyond the capability of the current engine

I think sadly that in an MMO openworld  everyone sees the same deformation sense, its probably beyond a lot of things capabilities on any arbitrary level.
The V12 engine and the original redfaction engine did arbitrary terrain deformation and it was really taxing in a shoebox, redfaction would later drop it.

You could possibly design a PPO that could mimic function by creating a small level area, take a bit of thinking to make it one size fits all maybe?

stankyus
9 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Stanky isnt the HT based vehicle actually a mobile AA platform though?
In intention at least?

Its not a HT IIRC like the one we have in the game.  I think it was considered a SPG. I believe I read that a long time ago and visually I think the fact the chassis is armored lends credence or evidence that I am remembering correctly.  This vehicle has been brought up in the past on more than once.

BMBM

The yammering comment wasn't even directed at you, and was related to general whining over getting killed while playing alone (with any kit). The M10 gunsight is but one of many items on a long list of fixes waiting to happen. Everything will be taken care of in due order.