Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

delems

88 still worthless

stankyus
1 minute ago, merlin51 said:

The arc is an illusion somehow created by the optics, the more mag the more arc it appears to have
If you run the game up in offline mode and grab a pak36, sight it in on a target, you see giant arc.
Now go to external rubberband mode 2 and move the camera out to the target and watch the round itself, you will see that there is no discernable arc.

Yah its an illusion. The problem with the Pak36 was its magnification vrs FOV.  When I started this game the scope size had the correct FOV but they enlarged it.. mb 4xs what we have now... but that increased its zoom. It stayed that way for years until the had to reduce the scope view to its actual zoom. Which is why it has the tiniest of all the gun site views I believe.  I think the MLE34 had a similar issue, I remember using it as a super sniper weapon when I did a few allied maps when I was primarily an Axis player. IIRC I once got 14 or so EI with it at probably 1k looking down over a town.  I used to use the pak36 in a similar fashion.

Merlin51
8 minutes ago, stankyus said:

I think the MLE34 had a similar issue

the original MLE1934 was like looking down a soda straw, lol i remember that.

saronin
18 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

cop out non answer

It's a pretty definitive answer for both my accounts.

• Like 1

medic

These posts remind me of the movie I, TONYA

• Like 2

major0noob
2 hours ago, stankyus said:

Not what it turned into but the point about the accuracy of the 88 (among others) was pointed out previously... I think that's what he is addressing.  The 88, 3", 76mm, 17pdr are looking at 100% or close to 100% dead to site accuracy @ 1k hopefully.

but nobody's talking about munitions or ballistics or effects, i think we're all happy they're being worked on though.

on a second reading i think the message was "we're working on things, can't do this atm"

vasduten1
11 minutes ago, medic said:

LOL

"There needs to be legislation put in place to ban Norman Greenbaum's 1969 single "Spirit in the Sky" from movie soundtracks. It's been in over 50 films, and it has become like a Pavlovian trigger for me to immediately start hating a film. "

-excerpt from a review of said movie...

saronin
2 hours ago, medic said:

No the snow blindness I couldn’t play through over the holidays reminds me of I TONYA. All that bright white Ice.