• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
malvoc

Cap timers

22 posts in this topic

These cap timers  are  really hurting the low pop side CRS past few days I have been able to play and over pop side doesn't even have to worry about defending they can send 5-6 guys to stop 12 - 15 easy from capping it just takes to long and underpop side cannot muster enough guys to cap a flag efficiently . In my mind a 4 min cap time at max is even way to long much less what we have now please consider bringing the timer down some for both or at least underpop side....

Malvoc out........

Agree, ridiculous to take 5 min for 3 people to capture a CP.

While I dislike the 6 min solo timer, I can see some reason behind it.  But group times should be much faster.

I'g go: 1 is 6min, 2 is 5min, 3 is 4min, 4 is 3min 5 is 2min and 6 is 1min.

This incentives group play.  But, at the expense of the low pop side somewhat.

Either that, or just set the cap time to like 2 min; regardless of the number of cappers.

We went some 10 years with a 1 min capture time, and it worked just fine.......

Personally, I really liked the 30 sec timers!   Though that was a bit fast; 1 min should be tried in intermission.

Also - why we do we get 20 rank points for a capture?  That is way to many, needs to be like 5.

1 person likes this

Agree that the cap timers promote team play, however it does seem to hurt the low pop side. I wonder if adjusting the cap timer up or down depending on if you're low pop or not would help balance game play; i.e. Low pop would have slightly faster timers.

Agreed. We not at 5 SO population anymore, need to be lowered back to pre pre steam release levels.

On 12/31/2017 at 11:22 AM, delems said:

Also - why we do we get 20 rank points for a capture?

I guess if you can stay alive for 6 minutes to cap the CP, you deserve something?

I dont think 20 amounts to much different than a point or two once you are beyond rank 3? or maybe 4?

You figure capturing is more important than shooting something, so it should score more points?

We are always observing the effects of our changes but the days of changing things on the fly without good data are over

2 people like this

On 1/4/2018 at 4:56 PM, KMS said:

We are always observing the effects of our changes but the days of changing things on the fly without good data are over

If you are "observing" then you must have data.  No one is saying do it on the fly but I must agree they are a bit long now that we are back to what seem to be pre-steam levels.

Solo should not be able to ninja cap BUT 3-4 guys should be able to cap a depot in like 3-4 min.  I like Delems concept.

1 person likes this

*** I dont think 20 amounts to much 

Because back in the day, only the first person in got the 20 rank points.

Now, everyone that is in the CP gets 20 rank points;  so it isn't 20, it's more like 100 or so per cap.

The whole rank point thing needs to be looked at, why is this never done?
MSP is 5; none for resupply, none for rebuilding AI, on and on.....  The whole point system needs to be looked at; including making it a a bit easier for air to rank up.

That or they need to find a way to subtract points from people - so we don't got 1000 Lt Cols running around.

And, cap timers are still to long.

*** We are always observing the effects of our changes but the days of changing things on the fly without good data are over

Ya, sure.... like you just changed them from 3 min to forever.....

Could have at least gone back to the previous capture times; not made them infinitely longer.

Our squad has gone on zero attack capture missions since these new timers were instituted.

Edited by delems

CRS state they are observing the issue but not changed them. This means they are HAPPY with it? This is starting to look like the "THIS IS HOW IT IS" OLD CRS days.

Blind Freddy can see the low pop side has a huge disadvantage BEYOND the low player numbers.

If you cannot change the timers based on population TELL US!

Edited by dropbear
typo

We can not change cap timers based on population .

I am looking to make a change in cap timers for the next campaign. 

Cap time one guy 360 sec,

cap time two guys 330 sec

three guys 300 sec

There is probably a rationale behind it, but it looks unnatural and actually like opposing team play to me.

4 hours ago, ebert100 said:

Cap time one guy 360 sec,

cap time two guys 330 sec

three guys 300 sec

There is probably a rationale behind it, but it looks unnatural and actually like opposing team play to me.

" Due to the speed of the last couple of campaign's we were a bit concerned things have been moving a little too fast. So now players will have to work more closely together to secure facilities. "

The rationale is that suppressing game activity is a good thing even if it makes the gameplay dull, because keeping the flags tidy is more important than a lively FPS experience.

Overall not a good sign because long capture timers do the opposite of what CRS thinks they're supposed to do (far more efficient to spread 4-5 players out and have them solo capping), they screw over the defender and the underpopped team when CRS thinks that they help, and that a requirement of 12 players to max out the cap bonus is reasonable when the game has maybe 20 people total on an average attack.

The worst display is in the large town battles. 2-3 guys in a truck used to be the proper way to shut down mole attacks, and now the teamwork and the truck hardly even helps because it takes so long to recap.

lots of towns were getting ninja'd and softcapped while there were flags in

if there were no AB guard then the flag would get booted easy and there's be no fight

Delems, they were increased after much discussion, just because you didn't see us discussing it doesn't mean we didn't, and we're still discussing it as well as a thousand other things, read OHMs message and there ye will find what thou seeketh

How about we reduced cap timers to a minimal, but the bunker only became active if all other flags were taken......for single ab towns.

then for towns of two or more you have ‘zones’ which need taken for an ab to become active. So places like Antwerp would be split into 4 zones so you capture all north flags the north ab only becomes active

id even maybe have it abs automatically fall if all other flags in town/zone are controlled by enemy

.......means no more endless bunker guarding or mole caps, but teamwork in attacking/defending areas of a town

Edited by bigdavej

IMO the cap timers will only work when they become dynamic for pop balance.  Say a baseline of 5 minutes that increases with the OP side and decreases with the underpop side.  Until then, it really does not matter if they are longer or shorter.  Its a double edged sword during LP and OP.

When they are shorter its IS easier for the underpop side to recap, however its much easier for the OP side to cap. When they are longer, it gives the D a better chance of slowing down the OP side, however once a CP goes down or spawn its very hard for the underpop  to recap or cap another CP.  Anyway you look at it, as long as they are not dynamic and tied to population, the low pop underpop side will always be at a disadvantage one way or the other.

@stankyus Agreed. It works in a way right now, and it has fixed the 3-4 day campaigns - but its only a band-aid until a more workable solution is implemented I think.  

4 hours ago, bigdavej said:

How about we reduced cap timers to a minimal, but the bunker only became active if all other flags were taken......for single ab towns.

then for towns of two or more you have ‘zones’ which need taken for an ab to become active. So places like Antwerp would be split into 4 zones so you capture all north flags the north ab only becomes active

id even maybe have it abs automatically fall if all other flags in town/zone are controlled by enemy

.......means no more endless bunker guarding or mole caps, but teamwork in attacking/defending areas of a town

Or even with less work make cap timers one minute, but bunkers don't go hot until 20 minutes later instead of 10. That would reduce the effectiveness of moling large towns, give a sluggish defender more time to respond to a 911, and make more action. I don't see any real effort from CRS though. It's just like "This is how it is, we can't do anything about it."