• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
actonman

Death of Forums

72 posts in this topic

Anyone who has been around here for a while can see the Forums are Dead RIP.

This was the beating heart of the communitY now it's just a wet fart.

The link is hidden in the least attractive web page ever it sucks...no one cares that we have x y z bots visiting the forums from remote severs in the Far East ! 

Get the Forum link on the Main Page of the website - put the web map link back on the front page - delete the community information and other useless tabs and execute the idiot responsible for this daft website design. 

Just do it !

1 person likes this

Over moderation? Really? You have more freedom than just about any other game to voice your opinion here. It's all in how you do it. 

If you're being moderated here, it's because you stepped over a line.

For example, it's fine to say "I think removing brigades is a mistake," but saying "You are a bunch of idiots who can't program your way out of a wet paper sack" isn't going to fly. It's as simple as that. Treat the people who work hard to give you a better gaming experience (most of whom volunteer their time, with no compensation whatsoever, to do this) with respect and they will return the favor.

8 people like this

5 minutes ago, GVONPAUL said:

If you're being moderated here, it's because you stepped over a line.

Oh YEah???

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, actonman said:

Anyone who has been around here for a while can see the Forums are Dead RIP.

Different strokes, I guess, but they seem fine to me.

the forum pop correlates with in-game pop a bit, we're just back to pre-steam activity.

pre-steam nearly every AO was dead

Eh not everyone enjoys the forms much, i'd probably say that most people in the playerbase dont

If it weren't for merlin spam bombing every single thread in every single forum they'd be hardly any activity. 

4 hours ago, moe5000 said:

If it weren't for merlin spam bombing every single thread in every single forum they'd be hardly any activity. 

Hahaha

True.

He keeps the forums alive with his 3,000 posts a week.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, brady said:

I thought they were dead do to over moderation ?

Nope

I think a combination of how often can we go over the same subject , down to most of the Forum is only for payed subscribers, to actually( I just tried to get to the forum from the actual WWIIOL site) it's rather glumsy it took a bit to find the actual forum that I'm accustomed too . All that might play a role. 

The only reason why I'm actually in the forums now is I have down time at work from time to time and to kill time I look here. If it weren't for a smartphone ,I would fire up my PC and go strait into game. Only time I would seek out the forum if something would go wonky with the game to see or find a solution.

I think most just fire up the game right away .

17 hours ago, david01 said:

Steam discussion are also pretty dead

17 hours ago, brady said:

I thought they were dead do to over moderation ?

Forums might seem slow because most of the whiners are not around any longer.

The F2P forum sections are busiest because those are where most of the unsubbed whiners went....LOL

1 person likes this

Breaking the forum in to 30 different subsections and clogging most of the sections with old stickies isn't a good idea. The Steam page has more stickies than actual posts visible on the first page. My personal favorite though is the seven year-old advertisement for high command stickied right at the top of the dead squad forum, which itself has three different subforums.

One forum with "rules" and "new guys" stickied threads could eliminate most of the clutter.

Edited by david01

Forums had a bit of an uptick during the Steam release, and we did lose a little traffic from that time.  

But I recall seeing the forums far more dead than this.  It's pretty healthy right now, all things considering.  It could still use some more (and especially, some newer, fresher) posters.  

Just now, david01 said:

Breaking the forum in to 30 different subsections and clogging most of the sections with old stickies isn't a good idea. The Steam page has more stickies than actual posts. My personal favorite though is the seven year-old advertisement for high command stickied right at the top of the dead squad forum, which itself has three different subforums.

One forum with "rules" and "new guys" stickied threads could eliminate most of the clutter.

I'd have to agree with this as well.  If I had a hand in cleaning things up here it would look a little different.  

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, Silky said:

OT is a vibrant, thriving community 

That's where the Riff Raff of the Community hangs out :)D

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Patently untrue and grossly offensive!

2 hours ago, Silky said:

Patently untrue and grossly offensive!

Are U one of these thin skinned types? 

I had a smiley face behind it, hence ment as a joke, I just posted in OT yesterday . I guess some just take life and everything else to serious.

Oh and if you think I will apologize cause I might have offended you ,you are looking at the wrong forum user . 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, dre21 said:

you misspelled 'cool people'

3 people like this

S!

This can be a tough forum to break into. Depends on your forum skills and sensitivities. From what I've seen it has gotten much better over the past few years due to a pretty good moderation team and moderation system. Also, I'd say the player base on the most part recognize the value of new players more and more. Everything should be looked at from time to time. Too many stickies is a common forum occurrence as a forum evolves. Might be time for some yearly forum maintenance. Of course, only if there is a hand to spare. They seem to work fine as they are. We have bigger fish to fry for now, don't we?

S!

1 person likes this