• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
actonman

Death of Forums

72 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Silky said:

OT is a vibrant, thriving community 

You can also get FREE LEGAL POT in OT: this will help your posts in other parts of these forums be more entertaining. 

1 hour ago, stonecomet said:

a pretty good moderation team and moderation system.

Blasphemer - we are a dictatorial, side-biased (though depending on the issue that side may change) group of

power hungry meglomaniacs

20 minutes ago, B2K said:

Blasphemer - we are a dictatorial, side-biased (though depending on the issue that side may change) group of

Admitting it is the first step. 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, dre21 said:

Are U one of these thin skinned types? 

I had a smiley face behind it, hence ment as a joke, I just posted in OT yesterday . I guess some just take life and everything else to serious.

Oh and if you think I will apologize cause I might have offended you ,you are looking at the wrong forum user . 

I do not seek an apology. I’d be happy to see more posts of yours in OT

;)

9 hours ago, dre21 said:

Are U one of these thin skinned types? 

I had a smiley face behind it, hence ment as a joke, I just posted in OT yesterday . I guess some just take life and everything else to serious.

Oh and if you think I will apologize cause I might have offended you ,you are looking at the wrong forum user . 

Listen, suppose you have a plane on a treadmill that moves backwards the same speed the plane's wheels move forwards. Will it ever take off?

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Tigger6 said:

Listen, suppose you have a plane on a treadmill that moves backwards the same speed the plane's wheels move forwards. Will it ever take off?

This question has already been answered numerous times in OT. 

Related image           Image result for plane on a treadmill

3 hours ago, Tigger6 said:

So much win.

1 hour ago, sorella said:

This question has already been answered numerous times in OT. 

Related image           Image result for plane on a treadmill

Look at those pointy elbows 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, saronin said:

Admitting it is the first step. 

still in denial actually...

Just now, Capco said:

wnb?

So much wnb the forum [censor] filter wouldn't permit me to waste server bandwidth on unnecessary text characters and write wnb 

1 person likes this

Am i really the only one who thinks the reason the forums are quiet and feel like it, is because half of it is literally behind a paywall?

Edited by gretnine
2 people like this

21 hours ago, Capco said:

I'd have to agree with this as well.  If I had a hand in cleaning things up here it would look a little different.  

Well this is where I live, if that tells you anything...
maxresdefault.jpg

Disclaimer: This is not where I live

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, gretnine said:

Am i really the only one who thinks the reason the forums are quiet and feel like it, is because half of it is literally behind a paywall?

Agree. All forums should be FTP except OT which should become Pay-To-Win. 

2 people like this

14 hours ago, GVONPAUL said:

Disclaimer: This is not where I live

Hey now, i told you i just didnt have time to clean up the Xmas mess yet

To get back to the original issue of this thread, since all this talk about OT is giving OT a false sense of self importance...

On 1/4/2018 at 7:01 PM, actonman said:

The link is hidden in the least attractive web page ever it sucks.

The forums link on the front page is in "COMMUNITY & NEWS."

Almost every website I go to, which has links to the site's forums from their homepage, has them under a "community" link.  It's the most common place to put it, by far.

If someone wasn't smart enough to find the forums from the homepage, I doubt they'd be smart enough to play the game.  Jus' sayin'...

-Irish

Edited by odonovan1
1 person likes this

Having a two way forum for paying customers and one for free is the silliest thing and so old school, since this split the community as been gradually dieing , perma bans also didn't help.

A forum should be inclusive not exclusive, ideas and great communities come from interaction between different people who share different background and believes.

Every section of the forum should be open, instead you are creating content and putting blocks between people .. that's how you kill a community it's equal to when you offer payed expansions and dlc that can be only enjoyed buy those who purchased them.

Edited by pbveteran

So first the death of the game was predicted.

Game is still here.

Now the death of the forums is the next logical choice i guess.

LOL

Honestly thats a slap in the face to all us volunteers who dedicate their free time to keep the game going.

You have no facts but opinions. You know what they say about opinions? 

2 hours ago, pbveteran said:

Well having a community developer that wants to make perma-ban a feature certainly helps growing the community.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/deathmachinept/reply_zps7kpgzfhw.jpg

a) At the time of the original post I wasn't a community developer. You know that of course as it's mentioned in the thread prior to your post. 

b ) At no point did I advocate for it to become a 'feature' - or even actually be used.  Please don't make stuff up

c ) If you look at my others posts in that thread - I make it clear what the intent was. ( http://forums.wwiionline.com/forums/topic/407037-intermission-idea-operation-old-school/?do=findComment&comment=6212986 ) - you of course probably did but still decided to use it out of context.  

2 hours ago, pbveteran said:

and no updates or patches in 3 years?

If i might make aspersions...

It may take a considerable amount of time to gain understanding of a 4 billion line project before one attempts to begin
changing and updating said project, especially when said project contains so many specialized and not wholly related sub projects.

Hell ive looked at the game for 16 years, and i still havent figured out how to play yet

***  understanding of a 4 billion line project

Hardly, nowhere near 4 billion lines of code, just saying.

On 05/01/2018 at 6:37 PM, dre21 said:

Are U one of these thin skinned types? . 

Well he's a mod so whaddaya expect? ;) 

28 minutes ago, delems said:

***  understanding of a 4 billion line project

Hardly, nowhere near 4 billion lines of code, just saying.

you counted em? 

4 hours ago, pbveteran said:

The game pretty much died the entire dev team left, subscriptions fell to a few hundreds, XOOM made a couple crowdfunding campaigns and made continuous pushes for players to pay 3x times the price of a normal sub and no updates or patches in 3 years?

It might be coming back to life but the prognostic is still life-treating.. Only due to XOOM and Whales was possible to keep the servers open from a business standpoint the game shouldn't exist.

Well having a community developer that wants to make perma-ban a feature certainly helps growing the community.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/deathmachinept/reply_zps7kpgzfhw.jpg

What rock you have been living under??  We have been putting out patches for the past 2 years ... didnt the SPAA just come out in the last Release ?  

1 person likes this