Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Player Training

elvs2001

Hello,

I would like to make a plea to put mandatory training back into new players sign up requirements. They don't understand how to set fms/fru or what that check box means. They don't know how to give ammo. They don't know how to tell everyone what cap progress they are at or even what mission they are on. I understand players teach players but some things cant be described in a one or two line chat. Shooting a rifle is not training. They all know how to do that but showing them how to set range on a weapon's sights  is. Teach them how to lead airplanes to hit them with aa guns and how the sights work. Please ad training back in for all our sanity. Also lower the river banks you have taken river boat out of the battle for way to long. The Germans had PT type boats since the mid 1930's in the war (mostly torpedo boats). If you agree say why and if you don't well keep it short or we will need to see your papers! HaHa!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 9:20 AM, elvs2001 said:

Hello,

I would like to make a plea to put mandatory training back into new players sign up requirements. They don't understand how to set fms/fru or what that check box means. They don't know how to give ammo. They don't know how to tell everyone what cap progress they are at or even what mission they are on. I understand players teach players but some things cant be described in a one or two line chat. Shooting a rifle is not training. They all know how to do that but showing them how to set range on a weapon's sights  is. Teach them how to lead airplanes to hit them with aa guns and how the sights work. Please ad training back in for all our sanity. Also lower the river banks you have taken river boat out of the battle for way to long. The Germans had PT type boats since the mid 1930's in the war (mostly torpedo boats). If you agree say why and if you don't well keep it short or we will need to see your papers! HaHa!

I agree, the training needs to go over these following things: 

• How to drive a tank
  • How to take off and drop bombs 
  • How to drive a truck
  • How to deploy AA/ATG's and use them
  • How to use the map/ using the enemy reports
  • What to look for in the game, enemy rifles, CP's, enemy vehicles etc..
  • where to find key bindings/ HUD, audio ETC
  • and finally HOW TO COMMUNICATE !!  
Edited by Ltarflak
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2018 at 0:20 PM, elvs2001 said:

Hello,

While personally i agree with you whole heartedly, the concept of having to do a tutorial caught a pooh storm of negative feedback.

Kind of a damned if you do and damned if you dont situation.

I agree, they need to do them.
They come in game and 1st questions you see is how do i aim and shoot a rifle, how do i start this truck, how do i get on a vehicle, how do i take off, etc.
All of that could be covered by making them do more tutorials.

And yet they venomously hate having to do them and log off even though they need them and not having this info is one of the reasons they find the game impossible to figure out.
Dunno, it confuses me

Riverbanks are a separate issue and i dont think are easily changeable
They changed  a long time ago, and i remember it taking some time for them to edit them all

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/5/2018 at 11:20 AM, elvs2001 said:

Hello,

Oh god yes!! I am not new by any means. But I have not had an account since 2012 and not really played since probably 2008 or 2009. Elvs2001 and others have had to graciously teach me or remind me as I go. Things like . Commands and other stuff that has changed over the years like having a player command structure are newer and I hadn't come across some of this stuff in the reading yet. The game is complex... but I like it that way and it separates it from other "dumbass" games  

We do need a good interface trainer. Teaching the radio stack is big, communication with new guys or me at the moment can be tough. Maybe something could be added in live game?! And a combat trainer That could be like a traditional Rambo shoot em up game, get some AI targets up and train. Elvs2001 is right I did the trainer when I signed up again, it's aprogram that we didn't have back in the day  and it's too basic.

One thing is for sure, I am not afraid to ask for the help if I can't find it. Or to ask others if they need help. But if I need help, you can bet many others do to0, and won't say so. We have a player retention problem. Solving This could Pay some dividends with that.