• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Ltarflak

Camo

9 posts in this topic

let me just get to the point. Camo, it would be cool to see camo in the game from tanks to atg's. many of the factions had camo, it could be generated like the camo on helmets but for tanks. the tanks could can a different color scheme or have burlap, netting bushes and branches on it or sand bags. Furthermore you could add camo netting or different types of designs for planes as in the paint scheme. IMO i get tired of seeing the SAME camo patteren for tigers,P 4G's, stug 3G's, mattys, R-35's etc. 

My second topic is Kar98 rifle hood sight. a lot of kar98 rifles had a hood sight on the end. Me personally I have a hard time judging where a bullet will land or if my sight is lined up with were im shooting, the little bump at the end of the rifle sometimes blends in where im aiming. Please consider adding this into the game, I couldn't imagine that it would be to hard to put it in the game.

Edited by Ltarflak

6 hours ago, Ltarflak said:

let me just get to the point. Camo, it would be cool to see camo in the game from tanks to atg's. many of the factions had camo, it could be generated like the camo on helmets but for tanks. the tanks could can a different color scheme or have burlap, netting bushes and branches on it or sand bags. Furthermore you could add camo netting or different types of designs for planes as in the paint scheme. IMO i get tired of seeing the SAME camo patteren for tigers,P 4G's, stug 3G's, mattys, R-35's etc. 

Well, we do have some camo on later tier gear.
StuG PZIV Tiger etc
French armor, well at the point of time the home built stuff came about, that was their camo, though i will admit i dont quite understand the pattern
US stuff in WWII Europe i think is mostly OD green.
NA would be equally boring with everything in sand tan.
Im not sure on the british armor, not sure how accurate the pieces at bovington and samur are, though i would think fairly good?
Most of the british stuff is a bit bland on color too, they have some in camo but the colors seem really wrong for western europe? like tans and bright blues?
They seem to like dark dill pickle green

I think those off colors might wind up getting you shot a lit more? Seems like it anyways.
Even axis grey hides behind a bush better than bright baby blue?

Camo is great an all but camo in the wrong place just for the sake of being camo screams shoot me more i think.

Winter camo for most consisted of smearing a few buckets of whitewash on the thing over the top of what ever paint is on it.
That would have been neat for Xmas, maybe next year.

A net PPO would be cool

The tan/light blue scheme on British tanks is for the Western Desert. The French camo schemes were meant to be used in conjunction with natural vegetation, and were as much to break up the silhouette of the vehicle and prevent identification of it as this or that vehicle, as to conceal it. In Western Europe British and American camouflage was fairly primitive - not needed due to air-supremacy, but in theatres where this wasn't the case it was readily developed.

I'd like to see the ability to apply "bits" of speedtrees as camouflage, but not by the tank-player.

10 hours ago, fidd said:

The tan/light blue scheme on British tanks is for the Western Desert. The French camo schemes were meant to be used in conjunction with natural vegetation, and were as much to break up the silhouette of the vehicle and prevent identification of it as this or that vehicle, as to conceal it. In Western Europe British and American camouflage was fairly primitive - not needed due to air-supremacy, but in theatres where this wasn't the case it was readily developed.

I'd like to see the ability to apply "bits" of speedtrees as camouflage, but not by the tank-player.

Not only a tan color but sky blue top tan lower, but I swear I have seen some photos of a Honey which was pink and tan..

The US did use some camo on its tanks.  However much more common by the Marines in the PTO.  I have seen some camo images in the ETO. However very similar to the old Tiger pattern we had of a tan dark earth pattern

No reason why CRS cannot make a camo net ppo big enough for an atg/fms/tank. Just need the time.  Perfect choice for a casual modeller submission.

PvP games succeed when those players that want to spot an enemy and shoot them, succeed in doing so.

Every design step that makes it easier for Player A to hide, makes it harder for Player B to spot and shoot him...and that's fine with Player A, but not fine with CRS. CRS's motivation is to make it harder for us to hide, not easier.

The vegetation is quite unlike reality in color palette and especially amount of small shadows, because reality would make it easier to hide. Vehicles are the colors they are to make them stand out, not hide more easily. Ditto for Tiger "camo". 

In the early days, the farthest-LOD infantry models were black to make them more readily spottable.

In the early days, farthest-LOD vehicle interiors flashed black-white-black-white as the angle from the vehicle to the viewer changed.

At least things have improved some since then.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:00 PM, Ltarflak said:

My second topic is Kar98 rifle hood sight. a lot of kar98 rifles had a hood sight on the end. Me personally I have a hard time judging where a bullet will land or if my sight is lined up with were im shooting, the little bump at the end of the rifle sometimes blends in where im aiming. Please consider adding this into the game, I couldn't imagine that it would be to hard to put it in the game.

This began in 1941.  Rifles made 1940 and prior did not have provisions for the sight hood, but often were modified by unit-level armorers to accept them after the fact...

I guess what I'm getting at is that tier 0 they would be incorrect, and tier 1 kind of maybe correct.  But I suppose no worse than No.4 mk1's, Stens, and Grease guns....

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, stankyus said:

Not only a tan color but sky blue top tan lower, but I swear I have seen some photos of a Honey which was pink and tan..

The US did use some camo on its tanks.  However much more common by the Marines in the PTO.  I have seen some camo images in the ETO. However very similar to the old Tiger pattern we had of a tan dark earth pattern

Pink is a surprisingly effective colour in some conditions, RAF PRU (Photographic Reconnaissance Unit) Spitfires were painted pink as they often took pictures towards dawn and dusk, when shadows were most pronounced, enabling interpreters to gain more information than in pictures taken at mid-day. Pink was also a very good colour in haze. I imagine the use of pinks in the desert was more of a counter-shading deal, to help conceal the silhouette of the tank.

2 hours ago, fidd said:

Pink is a surprisingly effective colour in some conditions, RAF PRU (Photographic Reconnaissance Unit) Spitfires were painted pink as they often took pictures towards dawn and dusk, when shadows were most pronounced, enabling interpreters to gain more information than in pictures taken at mid-day. Pink was also a very good colour in haze. I imagine the use of pinks in the desert was more of a counter-shading deal, to help conceal the silhouette of the tank.

They have pink tanks and planes in WarThunder
It's not a good idea
At all.

Might work in real life, on PC screen is simply screams shoot me