• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad Rat Chats   06/28/2018

We will be having an Axis Squad and Allied Squad Rat Chat next month.  Please join us for a meeting with @XOOM @HATCH and @OHM to touch base with the Rats to go on a QA session.  Axis Squad Chat - July 28, 2018 2pm Server Time Allied Squad Chat - July 29, 2018 2pm Server Time.
kgarner

AHC is unimaginative.... and the lack of communication/knowledge of the game is annoying 1/10/2018 11:17 pm east standard time

59 posts in this topic

Dfadd knows what his is doing.  He understands the game dynamics better than anyone I have run into in AHC.  The allieds took a big gamble today in the north in an attempt to break threw German lines and make a b-line to soft cap the way to cutting off the axis factories.  Great plan..... I mean really great.  The only problem is once Dfabb logged off and the late night AHC guys logged on..... well everything went to [censored].  They decided it would be better to try and reconnect the allied divisions that had broke threw.... instead of soft cap to factory cut off.  This "defensive" mind set.... cuppled with a lack of imagination..... and probably a lack of understanding of the game dynamics (relative to normal trends) is very disappointing.  This map could have been won by tomorrow for the allieds..... instead they have sealed an axis victory..... mark my words :(

Edited by kgarner

It’s never as simple as it looks, or as complicated as you might think.

Today is another day.............cant worry about yesterday.

10 hours ago, kgarner said:

Dfadd knows what his is doing.  He understands the game dynamics better than anyone I have run into in AHC.  The allieds took a big gamble today in the north in an attempt to break threw German lines and make a b-line to soft cap the way to cutting off the axis factories.  Great plan..... I mean really great.  The only problem is once Dfabb logged off and the late night AHC guys logged on..... well everything went to [censored].  They decided it would be better to try and reconnect the allied divisions that had broke threw.... instead of soft cap to factory cut off.  This "defensive" mind set.... cuppled with a lack of imagination..... and probably a lack of understanding of the game dynamics (relative to normal trends) is very disappointing.  This map could have been won by tomorrow for the allieds..... instead they have sealed an axis victory..... mark my words :(

LOL

Dfadd is good, no doubt.

That aside, most of times the N adventure does not work properly for the allies. 60 or 70% of the times, if the axis dont overpanic or overreact (it depends on how experienced is their MOIC), the allies don't gain much, even it can become a problem for them, causing an overstretched line not easy to manage and exposing the center, were most of maps are solid won.

It is not simple as going on a softcap spree to the factories with, most of times, one or two divisions only. YOu cannot go far with that without widen the gap or reconect the fronline. I did not see this case, but I doubt it had been very different to other times.

So I don't know what you expected.

And an advise: this kind of thread does not help your cause.

S!

1 person likes this

Deep flanking attacks around the edges of the map are very risky for the attacker.  They usually don’t work.

The defender can usually cutoff these attacks by just taking back a couple of towns because the breakthrough is near the edge of the map.

Most vets know the more dangerous breakthroughs usually occur in the middle of the map.

I wasn’t on yesterday,  but looking at the webmap it looks like once the Axis took back Oostmalle and Wuustwezal the smartest thing for the Allied HC to do probably would have been to pull back the lines some to avoid a cut off.

Edited by krazydog

2 divisions and 6 hours are plenty of supply and time to soft cap 15 towns...... no risk.... no reward.  The bait for the axis to cut off the 2 divisions north of Antwerp is whatever..... let the axis have it..... that would leave 2 allied divisions technically cut off if the axis capped threw north of Antwerp..... who cares..... allies only have to soft cap 15/20 towns before axis is cut off from the factories..... 6 hours before those 2 divisions are booted off the map (right?).  15 mins to move the brigs and HQ pure town that's 225 mins / 360 mins before divisions are booted..... leaving 135 mins for caps and unexpected delays.  Even IF supply ran out in those 2 divisions before the factories were cut off..... oh well, finish the rest with para's.... its only soft caps.  Even if this attempt FAILED MISERABLY the map is enough of a choke point between Brussels and Antwerp that the allies would have a pretty decent shot at holding the line there even with 2 divisions off the map and Axis still connected to their factories.  To many people are stuck in the old way of thinking.....  adapt or die

Edited by kgarner
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, kgarner said:

2 divisions and 6 hours are plenty of supply and time to soft cap 15 towns...... no risk.... no reward.  The bait for the axis to cut off the 2 divisions north of Antwerp is whatever..... let the axis have it..... that would leave 2 allied divisions technically cut off if the axis capped threw north of Antwerp..... who cares..... allies only have to soft cap 15/20 towns before axis is cut off from the factories..... 6 hours before those 2 divisions are booted off the map (right?).  15 mins to move the brigs and HQ pure town that's 225 mins / 360 mins before divisions are booted..... leaving 135 mins for caps and unexpected delays.  Even IF supply ran out in those 2 divisions before the factories were cut off..... oh well, finish the rest with para's.... its only soft caps.  Even if this attempt FAILED MISERABLY the map is enough of a choke point between Brussels and Antwerp that the allies would have a pretty decent shot at holding the line there even with 2 divisions off the map and Axis still connected to their factories.  To many people are stuck in the old way of thinking.....  adapt or die

Lol [censored] that

2 hours ago, kgarner said:

Once flags are cutoff movement times are doubled.   So the advance east would be at least 2x your timeline.  And pushing back west would also be 2x your plan.

granted.... a good majority of those 15/20 towns could be taken before those divisions would actually be cut off. 

especially if the remaining divisions were moved in such a way as to support the cut with a total map movements of divisions and brigs

I might not know what im talking about though.... I haven't played in like 9 years so im no expert on all the supply rules

4 minutes ago, kgarner said:

meh.... thats dumb

It' what happens when both HC's go out of their way to avoid fights

How about let only paratroopers be able to do soft caps, but give them the ability to go 2 towns deep if a Staffed brigade is within those 2 towns. After that the Brigade has to catch up so you could leap frog another 2. 

It sure would give the game a kick, and people would use Troopers more often for both attack and defence.

Let's not get into a weeing contest

There's a fundamental game design question that has yet to be resolved - how can manoeuvre 'path of least resistance' warfare work well within a PvP game?

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

How about let only paratroopers be able to do soft caps, but give them the ability to go 2 towns deep if a Staffed brigade is within those 2 towns. After that the Brigade has to catch up so you could leap frog another 2. 

It sure would give the game a kick, and people would use Troopers more often for both attack and defence.

I would like your idea if you take the word CAP out of it

I'd be cool with paras being able to mess with the supply lines, cut supply, but not be able to effect a change of ownership.

Like they can hold a depot, as long as they keep guys in it and the depot would go white flagged, if they leave it, the depot slowly begins to return to its normal state.
AB would never be valid during that kind of operation.
And perhaps no AO be needed

Something like that would be cool, as long as you can't just flat out go own the stuff and you have to maintain physical presence.

3 minutes ago, Silky said:

Let's not get into a weeing contest

Snow or just grass?

3 hours ago, kgarner said:

I might not know what im talking about though.... I haven't played in like 9 years so im no expert on all the supply rules

With all due respect, unless you have considerable experience managing the map and moving brigades, you have no idea what you are talking about.  

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, Capco said:

With all due respect, unless you have considerable experience managing the map and moving brigades, you have no idea what you are talking about.  

It’s not rocket science. 

1 person likes this

I agree that soft caps aren't good for the player base as a whole.  I'm a win at all costs sort of guy.  But I didn't make divisions and brigades, and supply movement the way it is.... I was under the impression that implementing these concepts into the game dynamics was an intended design, no?  Otherwise why even have soft caps, supply lines...... just go back to ab supply.  If I'm being honest..... the game was more fun then..... and the coordination/player base numbers probably support that reality.

33 minutes ago, saronin said:

It’s not rocket science. 

It's not about raw intelligence required but raw experience necessary.  In order to see all the potential outcomes of brigade movements and their timers hours and hours ahead of time for both sides simply requires experience.  

If kgarner had some of that experience he would never have made this thread in the first place.  That's all I'm saying.  

1 person likes this