• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad Rat Chats   06/28/2018

We will be having an Axis Squad and Allied Squad Rat Chat next month.  Please join us for a meeting with @XOOM @HATCH and @OHM to touch base with the Rats to go on a QA session.  Axis Squad Chat - July 28, 2018 2pm Server Time Allied Squad Chat - July 29, 2018 2pm Server Time.
kgarner

AHC is unimaginative.... and the lack of communication/knowledge of the game is annoying 1/10/2018 11:17 pm east standard time

59 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

How does one get disciplined for opting to create the most amount of fun rather than a quick boring win?

You'd have to ask the CinC at the time, mate... was taken very seriously! Bless him.

Come to think of it, it was more than 5 years ago... more like 7 now... lol!

Case and point why the whole strategy of hc gameplay needs to be changed. I know it is on roadmap, just too bad it is q3/q4. Gonna be a ton of worthless campaigns between now and then that drive the player base away.

On 1/15/2018 at 4:21 PM, poker said:

You'd have to ask the CinC at the time, mate... was taken very seriously! Bless him.

Come to think of it, it was more than 5 years ago... more like 7 now... lol!

It is kind of weird to look back on how structured and rigid the HC's used to be.

On 1/21/2018 at 2:16 PM, B2K said:

It is kind of weird to look back on how structured and rigid the HC's used to be.

Yes - there was whole bureaucracy behind the scenes in HC that most players never were aware of - way too much of it IMHO - made HC more a job than it needed to be.  One beneficial side effect of the lower numbers in HC is that we can now rebuild it in more flexible (and fun) format and allow people with different strengths to contribute in different ways instead of burdening them with jobs they aren't suited for as a condition of serving . Some folks are great leaders on the ground, some excel at strategy, some like support roles.  Some like taking the Map, some don't.  Have to be able to accommodate each type and allow them to serve in roles they are comfortable with in order to grow our HC ranks and keep things rolling (and fun) in game.  Just my two cents worth. 

LaFleur 

On 1/11/2018 at 9:40 AM, kgarner said:

2 divisions and 6 hours are plenty of supply and time to soft cap 15 towns...... no risk.... no reward.  The bait for the axis to cut off the 2 divisions north of Antwerp is whatever..... let the axis have it..... that would leave 2 allied divisions technically cut off if the axis capped threw north of Antwerp..... who cares..... allies only have to soft cap 15/20 towns before axis is cut off from the factories..... 6 hours before those 2 divisions are booted off the map (right?).  15 mins to move the brigs and HQ pure town that's 225 mins / 360 mins before divisions are booted..... leaving 135 mins for caps and unexpected delays.  Even IF supply ran out in those 2 divisions before the factories were cut off..... oh well, finish the rest with para's.... its only soft caps.  Even if this attempt FAILED MISERABLY the map is enough of a choke point between Brussels and Antwerp that the allies would have a pretty decent shot at holding the line there even with 2 divisions off the map and Axis still connected to their factories.  To many people are stuck in the old way of thinking.....  adapt or die

This morning on the allied side : goreblimery deactivated his pm so impossible to call AHC who was solo online. As soon as I managed to reach him through his mission, I asked to rebuild a bridge at la fere to set up counter attack. His answer : no.

how do you expect players to stick if the only guy with organisational power acts like that, doesn’t communicate and has no tactical vision ?

Edited by Zebbeee

zeebee my pm was not deactivated. I was also not the only Hc available ruckrova was on. 

You asked to rebuild the bridge and I gave you the reason for it being down. I wont give in to a request that will then lead to problems later. If you cant understand that i cant help you.

Comms over and out

Edited by goreblimey

54 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

zeebee my pm was not deactivated. I was also not the only Hc available ruckrova was on. 

You asked to rebuild the bridge and I gave you the reason for it being down. I wont give in to a request that will then lead to problems later. If you cant understand that i cant help you.

Comms over and out

You didn’t give the reason, you just said « no. » and finally « It is down for a good reason » publicly in front of a bunch of new steam Players who were asking for the same.

Such an arrogance Should not be tolerated 

i am around since 2003 and have been AHC myself. The problem is the lack of fun action (no counterattack possible) and the lack of trust in the players to take initiatives. 

lets get 1.36 out to get rid of these situations 

Edited by Zebbeee

You 1 person asked for the bridge to be rebuilt. So that you 1 person  could drive his tank over said bridge. That bridge was quite obviously down so that axis could not drive over it. 

So your selfish wants are what I should pander to , I don't think so.

You were being told by other players that it wasn't reasonable to put the bridge up. 

My judgement call at the time was for the bridge to remain down. Coming into allied low pop  that bridge up is unreasonable. 

Arrogance on my behalf I don't think so , I am busy playing the game too buddy and haven't got the time to answer every single query and suggestion presented , as you well know if you care to think about it. 

Edited by goreblimey