• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad Rat Chats   06/28/2018

We will be having an Axis Squad and Allied Squad Rat Chat next month.  Please join us for a meeting with @XOOM @HATCH and @OHM to touch base with the Rats to go on a QA session.  Axis Squad Chat - July 28, 2018 2pm Server Time Allied Squad Chat - July 29, 2018 2pm Server Time.
dre21

I see from version 1.35 to 1.36 the sapper spots

23 posts in this topic

Once again changed . Without being in the Readme . 

It's amazing how often these spots get changed. What was once a sure kill gets you now a blown engine or no effect at all . 

I used the version for 1.35 on a A13 just to find out that the lower middle between  the tracks on the  right side (looking at the tank from behind )now does nothing . But the left side it will , but in version 1.35 both sides were kills. 

Makes no sense.

There are no "Sapper Spots" per se

There is only armor, and aside from someone maybe fixing an armor leak if found, no one is moving the tanks armor plates around.
There is no special things applied to tanks that says "Satchel goes here"

Satchel is a shape charge, like a heat round
It penetrates X amount of armor, with a small plasma jet
if jet hits more goodies behind the armor it does more stuff
If jet doesnt hit anything more interesting, then nothing more interesting happens.

And i have a feeling if you are in the 1.36 beta or something you probably are not supposed to be posting out here in public to the rest of us?
You should probably talk with your beta team peoples and not us forum peoples

A - version .36 isn't even in Alpha testing, let alone released.

B - the only changes to vehicles were documented.  The most recent being the m10 sight and creation of AAA(sp)

OK here guide I had

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://wiki.wwiionline.com/images/6/65/Axis_Sapper_Guide_08.16_v2.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwipwpfcidPYAhWK6YMKHcQ6AfQQFjAAegQIEhAB&usg=AOvVaw2aBuKONpvS8-HCpGt0d2P1

And here is the other one .

https://wiki.wwiionline.com/view/Sapper_guide_for_Axis_and_Allied_tanks

Now call me a liar.

The shape charge argument is BS too cause I should be able to put it on the exhaust grill of the char and fry the engine and it does not same goes with the Matilda rear deck.  Nope u have to put it on certain exact spots or it does nothing. 

I said 1.36 cause that what the Wikipedia guide says 1.36 approved while the 1st one says 1.35 approved.  

Edited by dre21

even the *sap spots* fail sometimes. as do the ATR rounds and 88's at point blank

not often but sometimes, and sometimes it's rampant or persistent a player

I just checked them all. Only one that was different than Parasit's guide was the S35 which I've always sapped on the right side between the 2 brown "humps" as it blows them up there.

And just to clarify, nothing has been touched on the armor yet except the gun sights on the tanks/atgs shared by the US and French.

Sometimes though things change without being touched which is why I went ahead and checked to make sure something didn't get broke.

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

The shape charge argument is BS too cause I should be able to put it on the exhaust grill of the char and fry the engine and it does not same goes with the Matilda rear deck.  Nope u have to put it on certain exact spots or it does nothing. 

You yourself just made the shapecharge valid

What is a shapecharge?
In really simple terms, it is a charge designed so that all the energy from the charge goes to a fixed point.

In this particular case an area about what? say the size of your thumb or so?
So you are kind of working within the same parameters as an ATR kind of.
The thumb sized jet has a given amount of energy left after it vaporizes a thumb sized hole in the armor.
You need that remaining energy to touch something vital to get a secondary effect.

Yes there would be some other  effects, but the game doesnt do those for any HEAT, least not yet.

By the way, just for referrence
That "grill" on the B1 bis,  it isn't the trivial vulnerability that some might assume it to be.

The total assembly is 6 inches thick
the inner and outer plates being each 28mm thick, and then the slats which are angled alternately upwards and downwards.

So in effect its a big spaced armored sandwich

U got an effect on the right side of the A13 , cause I used 2 heat satchels  yesterday and nothing happened . Otherwise this post would have never happened. 

The inbetween hump on the S35 used to brew it up now u get an explosion and engine blows and white smoke . Tank is combat ready. These are the 2 that I know right of the bat. 

I know what a shape charge is and I'm not going to try to convince you cause  it would take to long or you would know better .  All I'm gonna say is pop one on driver slit and driver would be dead. Do you see that on Parasits guide?  . Engine is a big part of the Tank anywhere on the engine part will hit something of importance ( it would cause a engine failure sooner or later) , do u see that on his guide , nope you see a specific spot.  

The best way to check stuff like this (and I know it's not your job) is to get someone to go onto the training server with you and try it a bunch in a systematic manner.  

That will go a long way to testing to see if your result was a one off, or a non-coded change.

1 hour ago, B2K said:

The best way to check stuff like this (and I know it's not your job) is to get someone to go onto the training server with you and try it a bunch in a systematic manner.  

That will go a long way to testing to see if your result was a one off, or a non-coded change.

Or, with a second account, a whole new way to play with myself...

We have not made any changes to the HE / KE or Armor yet. 

When we do make these changes we will let everyone know.  This is going tobe a huge change to the way the game will be played and not telling anyone  we made changes would not be good. 

If you are experiencing erratic changes to what you may think how it is then please submit a bug report at the time so we can get the in game time and date so we can investigate with data. 

We the NEW CRS Team will not throw out changes without   informing the players.   

5 hours ago, dre21 said:

All I'm gonna say is pop one on driver slit and driver would be dead. Do you see that on Parasits guide?  . Engine is a big part of the Tank anywhere on the engine part will hit something of importance ( it would cause a engine failure sooner or later) , do u see that on his guide , nope you see a specific spot.  

Actually in real life if you missed the driver's face by 6 inches he'd still be dead just from the super heated toxic gases.
But the game doesnt model that, at least yet.
So you need your satchel's epicenter (lol thats probably not even the right word) to hit him smack in the face.

Same with like the engine, we dont have wiring to burn up even if we totally miss the engine block, or rubber hoses and fuel lines to melt.
Yes in real life if i put a heat round into the engine compartment, and missed everything with the plasma jet and hit the floor, id would probably still have made a royal mess of things due to secondary effects, but the game has not modeled those things yet to date.

So you have to treat the satchel a bit more as if it was a funny kind of ATR.

Now the satchel has changed but it has been quite a while since that took place.
It went from a combined HEAT/HE satchel to HEAT and HE separately and having engineers and sappers separately.
But that's been a while ago now.

If you want to test/practice, i'll go on the training server and you can satchel me all you want?

Typo ok, but you compare both guides . There are sap spots missing like the A13.

As stated above one guide it's a sap spot the other not and exactly that spot I did hit and nothing happened. So what is someone to think . When u look at both guides and you get 2 different locations. 

Or the S35 between the humps was a insta burn the Tank kill ,now white smoke engine blown .  These raise questions. If you like it or not.

On a side note there are added spots on some of the tanks .

A13 sap spots lol. What next, truck sap spots?

In my experience the sap spots were never kill spots, this is from shooting them and placing HEAT. They are more likely to get an effect than random hits and placement though.

Even engine placements have random effects on all tanks; from doing nothing, to white/orange/black smoke, to a dead engine.

Edited by major0noob

50 minutes ago, major0noob said:

A13 sap spots lol. What next, truck sap spots?

There are ya know?
Truck sap spots if using HEAT, better using HE on the truck

Yes there are some sap spots that are missing in the guide that I know usually work for me too.

Parasit told me that in the new guide he only included those sap spots that worked for him consistantly - 100 percent of the time, or very close to that during his testing.

There are some other spots that work sometimes, but not always, and he left those spots out of the guide because he could not duplicate them consistantly enough.  At least that is how he explained it to me.

cheers!

Edited by krazydog

I find that most spots these days are iffy.. sometimes nothing, sometimes in particular with the 4D it kills the gunner for some reason, sometimes it blows the engine, sometimes it blows the tank.  Its never consistent.. the only consistent AFVs for saps for me has been burning the Stu, Matty, H39, R35, Churchill and Tiger.  The hardest for me is the S35 followed closely behind with the 4D and StugB.

It should be random...It shouldnt be an instant boom because you snuck up on a tank in the middle of a battle.