• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Silky

Wing 2

34 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Silky said:

Images are pretty jaw dropping. BEF soldier does look a little freaky though

His eye balls need work (I know), but we had this ready to show so we did it :). S! 

4 people like this

Xoom..how are you going to compete against games such as Hell let loose being released in '18. True they are still shoebox games compared to ww2ol but they are purchase only - no subs.

16 minutes ago, dropbear said:

Xoom..how are you going to compete against games such as Hell let loose being released in '18. True they are still shoebox games compared to ww2ol but they are purchase only - no subs.

By being more epic :)

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, dropbear said:

WWII Online is our flagship product, and I think that 200 vs 200 (or greater) person battles that we do here is pretty amazing. Our primary goal is to maintain the scale and combined arms that makes up the core interest of what WWII Online is (yes there's several others but those are biggies).

Hell Let Loose looks pretty great, honestly it's something I wish we could have done, and I applaud their effort.

After years of stabilizing WWII Online, and now being able to develop it further, and now that we're building Wing 2, I think it's about time we start to take our piece of the market back and do something bold. CRS is going to be kicking some serious ass this year with both Wing's, it's going to be biblical (hehe). S! 

1 person likes this

Any thoughts on allowing the playerbase to submit models to help flesh out the game? Talking about the unreal engine WW2OL 2.0.

There is a lot of talent out there just chomping at the bit to get models into games for cudos as well as self promotion. Perhaps not armor/ air vehicles as I am not sure how you will implement armor thickness  etc. Mostly talking about housing, farm assets, crashed planes...things that fill up the countryside.

2 people like this

Just now, dropbear said:

Any thoughts on allowing the playerbase to submit models to help flesh out the game? Talking about the unreal engine WW2OL 2.0.

There is a lot of talent out there just chomping at the bit to get models into games for cudos as well as self promotion. Perhaps not armor/ air vehicles as I am not sure how you will implement armor thickness  etc. Mostly talking about housing, farm assets, crashed planes...things that fill up the countryside.

As long as it's up to snuff, no, I'm more than happy to onboard some 3D Artists or other artistic capable people (animation etc). Gotta be good though, as customers are pretty demanding (as you know) for a quality product.

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, XOOM said:

As long as it's up to snuff, no, I'm more than happy to onboard some 3D Artists or other artistic capable people (animation etc). Gotta be good though, as customers are pretty demanding (as you know) for a quality product.

@XOOM, not sure if your familiar with this, and i'm not 100% sure how it works...but Unreal has a market place where things like Weapons, sound effects and character models have already been created. They can be purchased and added into games (that's my limited understanding.) As you said - as long as they are up to snuff. 

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace

As for the rest of the road map - really liking what I see. 

Most excited for the HE/Explosive audit - plus the addition of new weapons and vehicles. Also really digging the new supply system. 

One question about the Terrain. Really love the idea of updating Towns and city layouts. Loved the city idea, since I think most people atm aren't really keen on city fighting.

My question...

1. And finally the end goal is to add more towns to the map and expand the theatre.

When you say adding towns... do you mean adding new towns to capture just like the towns we have now? Or do you mean like villages - small towns in between or outside existing towns? Personally I don't think we need to expand the map, its big enough as is. I think more focus should be on adding more flavor to the existing map. Small villages or towns in between existing towns and cities would be neat. Scatter some houses or farms about along the country side, some more rock walls and fences. I think it would more realism to the battlefield.  

Edited by bmw2
2 people like this

2 minutes ago, bmw2 said:

That was a good read, and I like what I saw. My

@XOOM, not sure if your familiar with this, and i'm not 100% sure how it works...but Unreal has a market place where things like Weapons, sound effects and character models have already been created. They can be purchased and added into games (that's my limited understanding.) As you said - as long as they are up to snuff. 

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace

As for the rest of the road map - really liking what I see. 

Most excited for the HE/Explosive audit - plus the addition of new weapons and vehicles. Also really digging the new supply system. 

One question about the Terrain. Really love the idea of updating Towns and city layouts. Loved the city idea, since I think most people atm aren't really keen on city fighting.

My question...

1. And finally the end goal is to add more towns to the map and expand the theatre.

When you say adding towns... do you mean adding new towns to capture just like the towns we have now? Or do you mean like villages - small towns in between or outside existing towns? Personally I don't think we need to expand the map, its big enough as is. I think more focus should be on adding more flavor to the existing map. Small villages or towns in between existing towns and cities would be neat. Scatter some houses or farms about along the country side, some more rock walls and fences. I think it would more realism to the battlefield.  

Yes one of the key considerations of working in the Unreal Engine other than it's well known knowledge by the industry (many more people can work in this, and do a faster job), was the ability to leverage the marketplace. Some of which we've already done.

Regarding terrain: We're talking about so far about adding in more cities yes, but we can make smaller villages if we wanted to. We also had the crazy-arse idea of building a capital city, but that's going to be a big beast to manage so taper expectations there for the time being.

Thanks for your support and glad you like the Roadmap, spread the good word. It's going to be a fantastic year at CRS and WWII Online. We need you all to be all-in with us, S! 

4 people like this

What about the idea of replacing the easily camped fbs with farmhouses and reinforced walled area, camo pits etc. I would think  that a randomly generated spawn point based on a set of forward base assets would really open the  countryside fighting.

8 minutes ago, dropbear said:

What about the idea of replacing the easily camped fbs with farmhouses and reinforced walled area, camo pits etc. I would think  that a randomly generated spawn point based on a set of forward base assets would really open the  countryside fighting.

No promises just yet. We need to be confident we can introduce new terrain fixes first. Clean up the issues first, then get warmed up placing more stuff on the map.

But I'm already asking for the old school bunkers :D hehe. I WANT THOSE DAG NABBIT! 

How about updating the city buildings so they are better wrt to game play:  e.g., roof access, much better destroyed states, more color variation to help with concealment, etc.  Since the last city building update (long ago), the building look way better but play way worse.

Edited by GrAnit

2 hours ago, XOOM said:

WWII Online is our flagship product, and I think that 200 vs 200 (or greater) person battles that we do here is pretty amazing. Our primary goal is to maintain the scale and combined arms that makes up the core interest of what WWII Online is (yes there's several others but those are biggies).

any plans on working on the FMS?

currently battles are uncommon and usually peter out instantly.

Is there any perspective of payment for this wing 2 devs?

I'm part of a 4000 Dev national Facebook group and am part of a Unreal 4 Only Group with 400 members.. If any of that wing 2 work involves any future payment or share revenue.. there might be some interest from this two groups and I might advertise there, they are mainly programmers mostly students or recent out of university, indies and a few self taught but there are some music and art related devs.

Edited by pbveteran

XOOM, Have you guys considered Kickstarting WWIIONLINE 2.0?

I would pay good money to get a MASSIVELY multiplayer UE4 quality WWII Online Game!

I've already dropped more money than I care to mention on Star Citizen.

I would do again on WWIIOL. 

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, guitar said:

XOOM, Have you guys considered Kickstarting WWIIONLINE 2.0?

I would pay good money to get a MASSIVELY multiplayer UE4 quality WWII Online Game!

I've already dropped more money than I care to mention on Star Citizen.

I would do again on WWIIOL. 

When the time comes, yes absolutely. I've been considering a way for us to get some more backing specifically to building the future that a Patreon concept might be good (monthly recurring micro-investment). What do you think of that?

1 person likes this

Shoot, I'd even dust off my Blender, Maya and 3DS skills to aid in anyway I could as an unpaid "intern". Like open-source work-share/ side hobby that aides in the development of a favorite past time. I re-upped under the builder program to do what I can for now. That 2018 roadmap email got my attention with Wing2. But I don't want to wait over 5 years for it :\ Patreon is a great idea, and maybe create a subscriber service akin to how Cloud Imperium Games rewards its backers; ie: monthly/weekly dev video updates, inside look at concept art, behind the scenes at CRS HQ, community run content highlighting the great aspects of existing gameplay(like warthunder's youtube channels). 

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

When the time comes, yes absolutely. I've been considering a way for us to get some more backing specifically to building the future that a Patreon concept might be good (monthly recurring micro-investment). What do you think of that?

F ya, put me down for 10 bucks a month on top of my two full subs, so that's like $ 40 bucks a month.

Package that, make it a Uber Hero account... Two full Subs for 40 bucks a month and 10 goes to the future..

I would pay 50 a month if I could have a submachine gun with my engineer :)

Edited by brady
2 people like this

42 minutes ago, guitar said:

Shoot, I'd even dust off my Blender, Maya and 3DS skills to aid in anyway I could as an unpaid "intern". Like open-source work-share/ side hobby that aides in the development of a favorite past time. I re-upped under the builder program to do what I can for now. That 2018 roadmap email got my attention with Wing2. But I don't want to wait over 5 years for it :\ Patreon is a great idea, and maybe create a subscriber service akin to how Cloud Imperium Games rewards its backers; ie: monthly/weekly dev video updates, inside look at concept art, behind the scenes at CRS HQ, community run content highlighting the great aspects of existing gameplay(like warthunder's youtube channels). 

Glad you got in and welcome back...

https://www.wwiionline.com/about-the-game-team#volunteer  if you want to volunteer

4 hours ago, XOOM said:

it sounds like your going to rely on whale spenders. like freemium games

increasing the population instead would be a lot more stable and improve the game. you already have feedback on why people don't sub or unsub, it's up to you to act on it.

I have a big feeling Wing2 would bring A LOT of veterans back, not to mention hordes of new players. But you have to start somewhere, and whales help pave the way. Its gotta be something worth coming back to for many. I don't see why you would put down those who want to invest in the game that would inevitably make it better for you.

I just got access back to my main account, thanks to CRS support. Last time I was on was 2006ish. Having lost access I created a couple other basic freeplay accounts to check in from time to time. I may not have played extensively for the past 11 years, but I have been paying attention, and always think fondly of my time in the beginning days. I played a solid 5-6 years before getting caught up in college/life. I know many others are in the same situation.

If Wing2 really is in the foreseeable future, I think many other guys from the old days would jump in like I did. It ain't called kickstarter for nothing. Those who want to INVEST in the game, will. There's nothing wrong in creating ways for those who want to help fund the company. A small company can only do so much with limited capital. The changes you want, I'm sure get discussed in development meetings, and if they're not put as priority, there's probably a good reason. You don't last 17 years in this business by luck.

I can create a list a mile long of things I want implemented, but without resources, it aint gon' happen.

3 people like this