Silky

Wing 2

34 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, major0noob said:

it sounds like your going to rely on whale spenders. like freemium games

increasing the population instead would be a lot more stable and improve the game. you already have feedback on why people don't sub or unsub, it's up to you to act on it.

We've been doing the very best we can. As I said in my Roadmap update, there's never going to be a time where things are perfect. I'm not sure how much more our team at CRS can, with its limitations as it relates to funding can further demonstrate a willingness to listen to feedback and incorporate as part of improving the game, in the form of fixes and features.

The #1 thing that can make everything better, is proper resources to purchase full time staff who can crank out a sufficient amount of fixes and content. Especially in conjunction with what we've done with volunteers over the last couple years being the backbone of the organization, we would be talking about a rapid climb in our trajectory and delivery timeline(s).

1 hour ago, guitar said:

I have a big feeling Wing2 would bring A LOT of veterans back, not to mention hordes of new players. But you have to start somewhere, and whales help pave the way. Its gotta be something worth coming back to for many. I don't see why you would put down those who want to invest in the game that would inevitably make it better for you.

I just got access back to my main account, thanks to CRS support. Last time I was on was 2006ish. Having lost access I created a couple other basic freeplay accounts to check in from time to time. I may not have played extensively for the past 11 years, but I have been paying attention, and always think fondly of my time in the beginning days. I played a solid 5-6 years before getting caught up in college/life. I know many others are in the same situation.

If Wing2 really is in the foreseeable future, I think many other guys from the old days would jump in like I did. It ain't called kickstarter for nothing. Those who want to INVEST in the game, will. There's nothing wrong in creating ways for those who want to help fund the company. A small company can only do so much with limited capital. The changes you want, I'm sure get discussed in development meetings, and if they're not put as priority, there's probably a good reason. You don't last 17 years in this business by luck.

I can create a list a mile long of things I want implemented, but without resources, it aint gon' happen.

All good points Guitar. If we want to get serious about it, this is the direction we have to start going and get pretty real about it.

Your support, and those alike, will be the defining factor.

1 person likes this

On 1/19/2018 at 4:45 PM, GrAnit said:

How about updating the city buildings so they are better wrt to game play:  e.g., roof access, much better destroyed states, more color variation to help with concealment, etc.  Since the last city building update (long ago), the building look way better but play way worse.

Certainly things that can be considered and done. Things I'd like to see happen for sure, miss that roof access. S! 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, guitar said:

I have a big feeling Wing2 would bring A LOT of veterans back, not to mention hordes of new players. But you have to start somewhere, and whales help pave the way. Its gotta be something worth coming back to for many. I don't see why you would put down those who want to invest in the game that would inevitably make it better for you.

I just got access back to my main account, thanks to CRS support. Last time I was on was 2006ish. Having lost access I created a couple other basic freeplay accounts to check in from time to time. I may not have played extensively for the past 11 years, but I have been paying attention, and always think fondly of my time in the beginning days. I played a solid 5-6 years before getting caught up in college/life. I know many others are in the same situation.

If Wing2 really is in the foreseeable future, I think many other guys from the old days would jump in like I did. It ain't called kickstarter for nothing. Those who want to INVEST in the game, will. There's nothing wrong in creating ways for those who want to help fund the company. A small company can only do so much with limited capital. The changes you want, I'm sure get discussed in development meetings, and if they're not put as priority, there's probably a good reason. You don't last 17 years in this business by luck.

I can create a list a mile long of things I want implemented, but without resources, it aint gon' happen.

Overall, I agree with guitar on this. In fact, like him, I used to play the game regularly but after burning out left and then career and other things took over. That being said, I'm always followed WW2OL and still have the copy of 2001 version I bought off eBay just because I wanted the original printed manual. For the last two months I've resubbed and have been enjoying it, but oddly enough once again I find myself in a time and place (at least for the next few months) where I don't have to time to stay online full time. 

All that said, I came back because I was curious to see the changes since 2012, and because CRS once again started communicating about the game, its direction, and so on. Having see the updates and the post-steam release I do honestly think that Wing 2, and WWOL 2.0 is the future if this sim/game is going to move forward. Adding to the old engine is great, but there is going to be a point where it just doesn't hold up anymore. The current plan to use Wing 1 to support Wing 2 development is good, but I would argue that Kickstarter or something to that effect is needed. I would gladly buy into supporting WW2OL 2.0 even while no longer using 1.0 because I want to see this project move forward. Like guitar, I also agree that veterans will return for a new WW2OL.

In short, I am very curious where Wing 2 will take WW2OL and I look forward to that project more than the current game. 2.0 has great potential, I already have too many ideas/questions on it, and I will be paying close attention to its progress.

2 people like this

This is why I've kept my sub continously active for going on 6 years now.  

2 people like this

22 minutes ago, Capco said:

This is why I've kept my sub continously active for going on 6 years now.  

We appreciate it Capco S! 

1 person likes this

On 2018-01-20 at 1:28 AM, dropbear said:

What about the idea of replacing the easily camped fbs with farmhouses and reinforced walled area, camo pits etc. I would think  that a randomly generated spawn point based on a set of forward base assets would really open the  countryside fighting.

It'd be kinda NEAT to replace FBs with hamlets and/or farm complexes that would offer somewhat more cover and variety of exits - in addition to structures in between towns, and in between FB hamlets and the CP proper. Said hamlets would be persistent with only the spawnpoints bopping about on destruction.

Edited by bmbm
2 people like this

On 1/21/2018 at 9:11 PM, MikeAZ said:

Strong  work CRS.

Thank Mike S! we'll keep pushing the ball forward with your help!

On 1/19/2018 at 7:39 PM, B2K said:

trains ?

great work CRS and team. but yes, trains, please. 

Image result for military trains ww2

1 person likes this

I hope that there will be trenches and bunkers on the outskirts of the city. It will occupy these cities in order to occupy the cities。

DSC_0554_zpsc9eb2ffe.jpgsteel-4.jpg?resize=680,383&ssl=1DSC00801.JPG