Ltarflak

2018 road map

280 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, saronin said:

That's just laughable Merlin. You are starting to sound like Pittpete, AKA "miniDOC", in your responses.  You literally said you had to man multiple accounts to support yourself to set up an FMS.  You see nothing wrong with that?  Really?  It's ok that the game forces you to do this?  Capco and majornoob also mentioned using multiple accounts to set one up.  If you truly don't see that as an issue you are beyond help.  Or maybe CRS should just advertise "sign up for one premium account and play 5 free accounts at the same time to make head way in the game"?

Wow Doc must've really been mean to you LOL.

Whats the matter with PUBG, the lil kiddies getting to you?

this topic is boring.

The FMS concept has greatly been improved by the new team last year. It is so much better to no longer see it destroyed by a distant ET. Of course the set up is difficult, but as has become its destruction.

The real issue is the wrong education of players. They behave like mercenaries instead of squad membres. This game is not and will never be fitted to that kind of population.

That’s what CRS will continue to face as long as we don’t invest to fix the teamplay. We will continue to lose on both ends.

Edited by Zebbeee
2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

Wow Doc must've really been mean to you LOL.

Whats the matter with PUBG, the lil kiddies getting to you?

Nothing is wrong with PUBG. DDZ and Blitz Kader do pretty well for themselves. We’re in the top 10 percent with all our top 10 finishes. 

Managing the orderly movement of squads to Unreal 4 is a bit time consuming though. Thanks for asking. 

As for DOC, he had a tendency to criticize those who criticized the the game. When you volunteer for CRS, like or not you represent CRS. You do the same. Just like DOC. 

There is criticism and then there is whining........Game isnt perfect and never will be.

If you cant enjoy yourself though no one else should either right?

53 minutes ago, major0noob said:

this isn't football... no quarterbacks setting FMS's

and football isn't baseball, which isn't soccer, etc etc.
Does not change the principle.

3min in a truck that gets 1 shoted and everyone within 1.5km can pinpoint it is too difficult

took me a lot longer than 3 min.
Go help the truck, then it won't be as difficult

as a team, putting all our efforts into simply getting a single spawn up is unreasonable. for the game as a whole its resulted in dead maps

It's not a just single spawn.
It's a brigade level infantry and light gun spawn.
You don't think sticking that in the other guys yard is worthy of a meaningful effort?

go preach teamwork in game if you think it'll solve anything. do it

I was if you remember, I think the response mostly consisted of "stfu"

20 minutes ago, saronin said:

You are literally telling majornoob it’s a “team” game while admitting your “team” is just you running multiple accounts. You don’t see the irony and hilarity in that?

No, i don't, i don't see anything funny in it, do you?

17 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

There is criticism and then there is whining........Game isnt perfect and never will be.

If you cant enjoy yourself though no one else should either right?

I have not asked 1 person to unsub from WWII Online and I will not. It’s a personal choice for each and every one of them. 

I have asked if they want to play other games though. Why wouldn’t I?  I have played with some of these guys and gals for over a decade and they are good. Damn good. Of course I want to continue playing games with them. 

I have proposed separate squad nights from WWII Online. If some have them have chosen to unsub so be it.  I certainly did not ask them to. 

Edited by saronin

8 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

No, i don't, i don't see anything funny in it, do you?

Yes I do as a matter of fact. You are trying to shove a solution down majornoob’s throat that, admittedly, you yourself cannot effectively implement. 

I find that hilarious actually. 

3 minutes ago, saronin said:

Yes I do as a matter of fact. You are trying to shove a solution down majornoob’s throat that, admittedly, you yourself cannot effectively implement. 

I implemented it effectively enough, in a horribly clunky manner, to stick an FMS in, and maintain said FMS which everyone was happy to use,
and the FMS survived to see the town captured.
Sure it cost a pzIIc sacrificed at the bridge crossing, the opel was eventually lost, a few engineers bought it, and several mp34s, and the 38t eventually wound up as a trackless wonder as well as i kept losing track of which client was which.

Now, imagine how much more effective would it have been with other people?
Probably a ton, or is that too hilarious?

30 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

I implemented it effectively enough, in a horribly clunky manner, to stick an FMS in, and maintain said FMS which everyone was happy to use,
and the FMS survived to see the town captured.
Sure it cost a pzIIc sacrificed at the bridge crossing, the opel was eventually lost, a few engineers bought it, and several mp34s, and the 38t eventually wound up as a trackless wonder as well as i kept losing track of which client was which.

Now, imagine how much more effective would it have been with other people?
Probably a ton, or is that too hilarious?

Why don't you try playing the game with just 1 account and get back to majornoob about how that went for you.

So if some of y'all can't quit poking others of y'all with sticks we'll just lock this up and move along

3 people like this

*** The real issue is the wrong education of players. They behave like mercenaries instead of squad membres.

If this is indeed true, how come?

20 minutes ago, saronin said:

Why don't you try playing the game with just 1 account and get back to majornoob about how that went for you.

OK, you and n00b and delems will come be on my FMS team right?

19 minutes ago, delems said:

*** The real issue is the wrong education of players. They behave like mercenaries instead of squad membres.

If this is indeed true, how come?

^^^^ Actually is good question.

I do not have an answer, there probably is no one single answer.
I have a few ideas that may or may not be wrong

Some of the game changes (which are needed) maybe have taken some of the need to stick together even if not squad mates.
mobile spawns are great with reducing time to battle, but you do lose the part when guys walking together start to group up and work out some plans
so they aren't simply sniper meat. Truck rides also tended to lend to guys kind of forming up quickly organized platoon type groups.

When we started to lose our big organized squads, i think that had a lot of effect too.
Those were the groups that kind of held the organization thing together
You had your squads which were very organized, and had their areas of coverage that they had down to a T

Then you had your squad-like lone wolves, who were not in a squad perhaps because they liked to play both sides, but liked to attach to a squad on which ever side they were playing that day and would follow along with the organization.

Then you had your force of chaos lone wolves, which isnt meant to be detrimental, they could be devastating because you didnt know what they were going to do or where.
Which works well when you have this organized core with random freelance masters of chaos popping up anyplace to keep things unpredictable.

Maybe when we started to lose our organized squads, we also lost that organizing force that even many non squad members felt drawn to?

Spawn and capture mechanics also lend themselves to the lack of cooperation. One man can capture an objective, and often has a better chance, using stealth, than a squad. And the general abundance of supply makes death an afterthought. The game mechanics have always unduly favored the leet loner, though it ain't nearly as bad as the days when a rifleman and truck could cap the whole map.

Bushman wrote a post about six months in that garnered a big response, and that I still remember. He was basically remarking how upside-down it seemed that his goal, if he wanted to win, was not to fight the enemy but to sneak his way to the flag. If WW2 had to be won by capping flag buildings, and everyone had a zillion lives, then this is how it would have been 'fought'. The goal sets the strategies.

22 minutes ago, biggles4 said:

One man can capture an objective, and often has a better chance, using stealth, than a squad.

That is one thing the longer cap timers does change a bit,  solo you are there longer, more risk of getting caught and killed.
Get a big enough group and the timer drops a lot.
Some people like them, but some do not.

2 hours ago, biggles4 said:

Spawn and capture mechanics also lend themselves to the lack of cooperation. One man can capture an objective, and often has a better chance, using stealth, than a squad. And the general abundance of supply makes death an afterthought. The game mechanics have always unduly favored the leet loner, though it ain't nearly as bad as the days when a rifleman and truck could cap the whole map.

Bushman wrote a post about six months in that garnered a big response, and that I still remember. He was basically remarking how upside-down it seemed that his goal, if he wanted to win, was not to fight the enemy but to sneak his way to the flag. If WW2 had to be won by capping flag buildings, and everyone had a zillion lives, then this is how it would have been 'fought'. The goal sets the strategies.

The game still has to get to grips with that fundamental design question - how do you make ‘path of least resistance’ warfare marry with PvP

9 minutes ago, Silky said:

The game still has to get to grips with that fundamental design question - how do you make ‘path of least resistance’ warfare marry with PvP

1 minute capture timer or so, with a flashing icon and/or message alerting all town defenders when the cap starts. It's not rocket science you just have to know a little about FPS games. If people are really that scared of the map moving then crank up the bunker timer from 10 min to 20 min.

29 minutes ago, david01 said:

... a flashing icon and/or message alerting all town defenders when the cap starts...

Interesting... but would definitely need to remove depot spawning on both sides.

To reduce the lack of cohesion of the players spawning from a fms - how about we place the players into a queue, say 5 men. Then when that queue is full they can spawn ( or not if the fms is camped). This in effect makes those 5 soldiers a squad.

I wholeheartedly agree with throttling fms..this mechanic makes it better for the attackers to make multiple fms to allow more men in the attack.

I am just thinking about improving the current fms system. I also think they should be redesigned to make them harder to camp. If you know where the fms is then cover the flanks and kill them when they come. Sometimes it's better to NOT blow the ems ;)

3 hours ago, Silky said:

The game is fundamentally flawed from the very beginning insofar as the tactical and strategical layer are both dependent on a too sparse capture mesh (CPs) with a big nothingness in between. The FB and FMS concepts are both incomplete attempts at patching this design error. Alas, rewiring it would require a complete rewrite of the game.

5 hours ago, david01 said:

1 minute capture timer or so, with a flashing icon and/or message alerting all town defenders when the cap starts. It's not rocket science you just have to know a little about FPS games. If people are really that scared of the map moving then crank up the bunker timer from 10 min to 20 min.

I don't know, that sounds a little arcadey to me and also seems to dumb down the game to a position where it's little more than

FOLLOW THE ARROW  > > > ENEMY HERE > > > HE'S IN THE CLOSET

I'd hope for something a little more nuanced than that

5 hours ago, dropbear said:

To reduce the lack of cohesion of the players spawning from a fms - how about we place the players into a queue, say 5 men. Then when that queue is full they can spawn ( or not if the fms is camped). This in effect makes those 5 soldiers a squad.

I wholeheartedly agree with throttling fms..this mechanic makes it better for the attackers to make multiple fms to allow more men in the attack.

I am just thinking about improving the current fms system. I also think they should be redesigned to make them harder to camp. If you know where the fms is then cover the flanks and kill them when they come. Sometimes it's better to NOT blow the ems ;)

I've often thought of something like that, a queue or timer that releases the players into the world as a unit. But unless it's aligned to other mechanisms that reward or necessitate group play, it's unlikely to do anything

nowdays bug reports are whining to you people... ffs merlin's defending the aircraft 20mm's vs FMS's and the fact that there are only 2 in game at any given time

there was a lot more people and teamwork when the FMS first came out, then everyone got sick of battles ending after a FMS is gone/camped, or never developing a battle in the first place and left.

12 hours ago, merlin51 said:

OK, you and n00b and delems will come be on my FMS team right?

Exactly who do you think you’re talking to here?  Ever notice Blitz Kader has their own emblem on their tanks?  One of the few squads large enough to afford such a frivolous luxury. I am BK and was 3 PZG before that. 

The concept of operations that you espouse yet seem to be so unfamiliar with at the same time is one that I have operated under for over a decade.  It works extremely well...  for large squads. Let me let you in on a dirty little secret though. If FSJR02 doesn’t announce a squad op and the squad leadership is not going to show how many people do you think actually show up for squad night?  I’ll give you the answer. Virtually NONE. Why do you suppose that is?  Could it be that they have learned over time that you can’t really accomplish anything in game without a large squad (or in our case two squads) backing you?

What majornoob has been trying to tell you is that in his time zone the major squad dynamic does not exist. As a result nobody can even do something as simple as deploy a spawn and it leads to dead maps. Rather than listen though, he instead gets the fanboi chorus telling him he doesn’t know what he’s doing and that he’s playing the game wrong. 

The simple fact is that the game is not scalable and doesn’t translate well to small squads. It should. It should accommodate squads from 4 people all the way up to 400 and have something meaningful both of those groups can accomplish. 

As for miniDOC’s assertion about “whining”, what do you expect? You’re just supposed to get a complete pass on a vehicle that has been in game for a shade over a decade that you can’t get the gun sight right on?  I’m sorry what do you need?  Another decade or so?  No.  You get to eat level of incompetence. That’s not me “whining”. That’s you completely incompetent. 

I’m supposed to believe that somehow your going knock my socks off and wow me with all these awesome wonderous things when you can’t do the simple things?  It will happen as long as I give you more money.

How about this.  You show me the progress and I’ll show you the money.  Until then, like others in DDZ and BK, I’ll be watching at arms length. 

4 hours ago, bmbm said:

The game is fundamentally flawed from the very beginning insofar as the tactical and strategical layer are both dependent on a too sparse capture mesh (CPs) with a big nothingness in between. The FB and FMS concepts are both incomplete attempts at patching this design error. Alas, rewiring it would require a complete rewrite of the game.

defense has always been favored over offense. not saying this is necessarily by choice but it seems every mechanic added to prioritize attacking has had some death star esque achilles' heal. The very first MSPs died to a fart in their general direction.

Blunting an attack should be more difficult than it is. significantly more.