Ltarflak

2018 road map

280 posts in this topic

I fully acknowledge your post and agree with it..but try logging into a fight with no supply, no HC, players not guarding spawns/bunkers and 10+ ets camping you and 3+ ems pouring the OP  side into your town. What does that say to a new player?

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, dropbear said:

I fully acknowledge your post and agree with it..but try logging into a fight with no supply, no HC, players not guarding spawns/bunkers and 10+ ets camping you and 3+ ems pouring the OP  side into your town. What does that say to a new player?

What time of day does this happen, in GMT, I see 6 to 8 hrs pretty much every day of the game and thier is always at least one HC officer on when I am on, lately when I’ve been told is that the numbers for the most part are fairly balanced, granted it doesn’t  always feel that way, the general consensus seems to be  at least for the hours that we Often suffer from a significant portion of the player base on our side being clueless, that is to say their new, and that an organized group of 20 players can have a  telling effect on the map. 

I don’t doubt that there are periods where there is no high command on but I’m wondering when it happens I mean I can adjust my sleep schedule I suppose to see it for myself so I really am asking when this happens. 

It is interesting to observe I suppose what is the sociology of all this I mean one side switching, or at least a skilled percentage of the player base switching sides so that they can club the underdog, I mean this is not for me that kind of play  perhaps it’s the stat Sex worker  in me you get a lot more kills when you’re on defense relative to the time you spend online it’s much more fun and challenging when your side is losing at least to me it is, that’s why my above comment about stalemate Was made as a sort of cautionary prediction for the future, be careful what you ask for,  because it really seems to me that the slower the map gets the less interesting is if one side can’t take towns  their players login frustration, or switch sides… 

4 minutes ago, brady said:

I don’t doubt that there are periods where there is no high command on but I’m wondering when it happens I mean I can adjust my sleep schedule I suppose to see it for myself so I really am asking when this happens. 

GMT-5
TZ3 around 0200 to 0600 GMT-5 and more often monday - thursday i think

Not always but i think that is the most frequent time you see it

1 minute ago, merlin51 said:

GMT-5
TZ3 around 0200 to 0600 GMT-5 and more often monday - thursday i think

Not always but i think that is the most frequent time you see it

So what is that GMT? Just so I’m certain

59 minutes ago, dropbear said:

This only further validates my statement (imo) that we need to get 1.36 deployed, because it directly takes care of the first two parts you just mention:

Supply, and Leadership.

1 hour ago, undercova said:

try C7 vs. Tiger in a 1.5 km distance duel ... best is both being hull down.

Providing neither deguns the other or pops open a commander hatch at the wrong time, that duel can be an effort in futility, ive had that one before.

The 6pdr can kill the tiger from the front, as in really kill it not just degun, but you need to be close and you need to hit exactly where the russians found they should hit it frontally in real life
The C7 has enough armor to survive a few panic shots if he can get the drop on the tiger and get the better position and stay calm.

Neither move terribly fast, it's like watching 2 brontosaurus charge eachother :) 

1 hour ago, undercova said:

eh ??

the C7 is totally fine. can easily withstand a direct fire duel with a Tiger at any range and wins most of the time ... specially at short/medium distances where it easily deguns the Tiger.

try C7 vs. Tiger in a 1.5 km distance duel ... best is both being hull down. C7 will run out of ammo or most likely degun the Tiger with a few hits/shots.

it's not cause of tiger vs Sherm or Tiger vs C7

its Tiger/4G/3G vs babySherm/S76/M10 and Tiger/4G/3G vs C7/C3/Curasder3

3 hours ago, brady said:

So what is that GMT? Just so I’m certain

GMT time minus 5 hours (going by my clock here)

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:34 AM, jwilly said:

Near-term modeling capabilities are a reality, but that's a valid point.

I wonder how hard it would be to add the shurzen (skirts) to the late tier StuG III, PzKpfW IV and JgPz IV/70, tailored to provide them with additional protection in a HEAT environment. 

Good question. I definitely would like to see this, especially on the MKIV.

Careful what you ask for. The skirts (8 mm turret, 5 mm sides) were specifically designed to defeat Russian 14,5 mm ATR projectiles. In December 1944 the skirts were tested extensively by the Waffen Prüfung department at Hugo Schneider AG (manufacturer of the Panzerfaust) against the US Bazooka, the German Panzerfaust and the Panzerbüchse 39. Tests showed that apart from the negative aspects (thrown explosives getting caught between skirts and armor, increased weight that overburdened the gear, reduced top speed, mud/dust clogging tracks and air intakes, difficulty in track/gear repair, reduced visibility) the skirts did not provide any protection whatsoever against shaped charge ammunition, or as the final report  of Jan 14, 1945 stated:

Die Schürzen sind nutzlos! Sie behindern das Fahrzeug im Gelände, erhöhen das Gewicht, schränken die Sicht ein und gehen schnell verloren. Außerdem schlagen alle Geschosse durch!

10 hours ago, brady said:

What time of day does this happen, in GMT, I see 6 to 8 hrs pretty much every day of the game and thier is always at least one HC officer on when I am on, lately when I’ve been told is that the numbers for the most part are fairly balanced, granted it doesn’t  always feel that way, the general consensus seems to be  at least for the hours that we Often suffer from a significant portion of the player base on our side being clueless, that is to say their new, and that an organized group of 20 players can have a  telling effect on the map. 

It is interesting to observe I suppose what is the sociology of all this I mean one side switching, or at least a skilled percentage of the player base switching sides so that they can club the underdog, I mean this is not for me that kind of play  perhaps it’s the stat Sex worker  in me you get a lot more kills when you’re on defense relative to the time you spend online it’s much more fun and challenging when your side is losing at least to me it is, that’s why my above comment about stalemate Was made as a sort of cautionary prediction for the future, be careful what you ask for,  because it really seems to me that the slower the map gets the less interesting is if one side can’t take towns  their players login frustration, or switch sides… 

Game currency is the answer. 

We are simple creatures, we do things to avoid pain and obtain pleasure/rewards. The way this game plays is that the only rewards for us are the enjoyment of playing and battlefield victories; the latter outweighs the former because the reward of playing is momentary, it’s fleeting. 

The reason players switch sides or stop playing when they start losing is because it’s all frustration (pain) and no joy (reward). You lose the CP, you lose the town, you lose your line, you lose your gaming session, you lose the campaign. The only gain might be kills but those kills don’t amount to anything, there’s no lasting reward, there’s no psychological or behavioural reward to encourage players to keep playing.

This is why i raised the XP topic in the suggestions forum. A developed XP system that eg tripled points scored when underpop and then gave the players accumulating XP points a system to use them, would see more players interested in playing and higher population 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, bmbm said:

Careful what you ask for. The skirts (8 mm turret, 5 mm sides) were specifically designed to defeat Russian 14,5 mm ATR projectiles. In December 1944 the skirts were tested extensively by the Waffen Prüfung department at Hugo Schneider AG (manufacturer of the Panzerfaust) against the US Bazooka, the German Panzerfaust and the Panzerbüchse 39. Tests showed that apart from the negative aspects (thrown explosives getting caught between skirts and armor, increased weight that overburdened the gear, reduced top speed, mud/dust clogging tracks and air intakes, difficulty in track/gear repair, reduced visibility) the skirts did not provide any protection whatsoever against shaped charge ammunition, or as the final report  of Jan 14, 1945 stated:

Die Schürzen sind nutzlos! Sie behindern das Fahrzeug im Gelände, erhöhen das Gewicht, schränken die Sicht ein und gehen schnell verloren. Außerdem schlagen alle Geschosse durch!

It's well known that simple WWII shaped charges become more efficient if detonated by a ductile layer several charge diameters from the primary layer to be penetrated, because the jet can optimally form before it reaches that primary layer.

If considered on an areal basis for rounds arriving normal to the shurzen surface, some of the shurzen area meets that condition and therefore may even improve the penetration of the charge. 

But other parts of the area of the shurzen do not meet that condition, and rounds don't always arrive normal to the plate. In some impact areas, or if the round arrives at an off angle, there may be a penetration benefit for the defender because the distance to the primary layer is greater than optimal.

Note that standoff armor to pre-detonate HEAT rounds is still used in modern applications. It's just that it only works in the defender's favor when it's far enough from the primary armor. The historical shurzen designs for PzKpfW III and IV weren't created with that understanding, but they still met that condition in some areas.

Besides, WWIIOL players like having details added to their weapons. Not everyone that plays here has a complete understanding of how the physics works when they start playing...I'll bet 100% of ground players here learn more about armor thicknesses and interior-element locations for various AFVs than they knew when they arrived. So, adding a defensive detail that isn't as magically protective as one might have thought from reading Sgt. Rock comix isn't a bad thing from a CRS marketing perspective.  :)

Edited by jwilly
1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, jwilly said:

It's well known that simple WWII shaped charges become more efficient if detonated by a ductile layer several charge diameters from the primary layer to be penetrated, because the jet can optimally form before it reaches that primary layer.

If considered on an areal basis for rounds arriving normal to the shurzen surface, some of the shurzen area meets that condition and therefore may even improve the penetration of the charge. 

But other parts of the area of the shurzen do not meet that condition, and rounds don't always arrive normal to the plate. In some impact areas, or if the round arrives at an off angle, there may be a penetration benefit for the defender because the distance to the primary layer is greater than optimal.

Note that standoff armor to pre-detonate HEAT rounds is still used in modern applications. It's just that it only works in the defender's favor when it's far enough from the primary armor. The historical shurzen designs for PzKpfW III and IV weren't created with that understanding, but they still met that condition in some areas.

Besides, WWIIOL players like having details added to their weapons. Not everyone that plays here has a complete understanding of how the physics works when they start playing...I'll bet 100% of ground players here learn more about armor thicknesses and interior-element locations for various AFVs than they knew when they arrived. So, adding a defensive detail that isn't as magically protective as one might have thought from reading Sgt. Rock comix isn't a bad thing from a CRS marketing perspective.  :)

Thank you, as always, for the detailed explanation. And yes, players might like and even pay for shurzen  (as cosmetic micro-transactions or in game currency if we ever get there). But most all - my first, and basic WWII knowledge came from Sgt Rock and Big Al, Little Al and Charlie Cigar of Easy Company. 

7 hours ago, merlin51 said:

GMT time minus 5 hours (going by my clock here)

Ok, so it would seem that you’re on the east coast so you’re saying between  2 AM and 6 AM Eastern standard Time there is no high command on.

1 hour ago, Silky said:

Game currency is the answer. 

We are simple creatures, we do things to avoid pain and obtain pleasure/rewards. The way this game plays is that the only rewards for us are the enjoyment of playing and battlefield victories; the latter outweighs the former because the reward of playing is momentary, it’s fleeting. 

The reason players switch sides or stop playing when they start losing is because it’s all frustration (pain) and no joy (reward). You lose the CP, you lose the town, you lose your line, you lose your gaming session, you lose the campaign. The only gain might be kills but those kills don’t amount to anything, there’s no lasting reward, there’s no psychological or behavioural reward to encourage players to keep playing.

This is why i raised the XP topic in the suggestions forum. A developed XP system that eg tripled points scored when underpop and then gave the players accumulating XP points a system to use them, would see more players interested in playing and higher population 

You see I get the mindset, but I see it a bit differently, to me theirs basically two kinds of players,  there are the people that are playing The capture the flag game who get all emotional about it, And as I said I can understand that, but there are also the people that just play for the fun of it there in it for the fight a good fight is a good fight And this might sound cheesy but it’s not whether you win or lose but whether or not you’re getting kills while doing so.

The player in me  doesn’t give a [censored] if we win or lose I just want their to be good fights.

The high command officer in me  however wants us to win, so  there is something of a duality as a result going on in me.

Edited by brady
1 person likes this

The M9 bazooka rocket could acheive 120mm penetration under ideal conditions and zero degrees impact. Most models of Panzerfaust could penetrate 200mm. Factory proof testing was conducted by firing randomly selected Panzerfäuste at three 5.5cm armour plates with 6cm air spaces between each. 

As for angle of impact:

skacc88rmavbild-2018-01-23-kl-16-32-00.p

11 hours ago, XOOM said:

This only further validates my statement (imo) that we need to get 1.36 deployed, because it directly takes care of the first two parts you just mention:

Supply, and Leadership.

1.36 Hybrid Supply (Q3/4-2018) - Can other items be put on hold to decrease the Q3/4-2018 estimated delivery?  1.36 is the most critical I think at this time than new toys

10 hours ago, Capco said:

The lackluster firepower in late-tier BEF armor has been a major issue in their kit for years.  CRS is listening to concerns in order to get a better hold on equipment balance (i.e. the British won't need as many extra Churchills/A15s to offset their armor disadvantage beyond T2).  

Those tanks aren't being added to every Allied unit.  They are being added to the weakest third of the Allied armor pool.  

The same general concept is being applied with the Panzer IIIL.  It will be able to provide better infantry support for the Axis in T2 and beyond, meaning that the Axis will not need the (rather silly) extra amount of Tigers they currently receive.  

Think about these things before you blow your top.  

Add two Tiger killers, reduce the number of Tigers, and replace them with lightly armored PZ3s?

Sounds reasonable. Should result in some more definitive feedback for CRS. 

10 hours ago, undercova said:

eh ??

the C7 is totally fine. can easily withstand a direct fire duel with a Tiger at any range and wins most of the time ... specially at short/medium distances where it easily deguns the Tiger.

try C7 vs. Tiger in a 1.5 km distance duel ... best is both being hull down. C7 will run out of ammo or most likely degun the Tiger with a few hits/shots.

Gj130Cr.png

Good site: http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/tiger1.htm

Come on. You can’t possibly say that the M3 gun is adequate in T3.

The US Army sure didn’t think so when they scrambled to get as many 76mm upgrades in the field as they could. 

Why do you think the Firefly was even developed if the M3 was fine and dandy?

Edited by Capco

1 minute ago, Capco said:

Why do you think the Firefly was even developed?

Oh I don’t know?  As a reaction to the Panther and to the Tiger II that was about to be introduced?  Should go well introducing them without introducing the heavies they were supposed to counter. 

16 minutes ago, saronin said:

Oh I don’t know?  As a reaction to the Panther and to the Tiger II that was about to be introduced?  Should go well introducing them without introducing the heavies they were supposed to counter. 

The genesis of the Firefly concept came from combat experience in North Africa.  It had nothing to do with Panthers or Tiger IIs, but rather from Tiger Is being engaged by 2lbers.  

Edited by Capco

I'd like to see deployable bushes on tanks and smoke rounds too, maybe in 2.0... many WW2 pictures show armor using concealment

19 minutes ago, Capco said:

The genesis of the Firefly concept came from combat experience in North Africa.  It had nothing to do with Panthers or Tiger IIs, but rather from Tiger Is being engaged by 2lbers.  

I’m sure the Allies didn’t have intelligence from the Panther on the Russian front and the development of the Tiger II. 

4 hours ago, bus0 said:

welp 4G kills M10(assploded) with 1 shot after M10 hit said 4G 14 times...

Baby pak now known as the baby 88 now kills little sherms frontally...

Direct hit on little AAA from a 2C just too see the little AAA keep firing and killing said 2C...

Everything is just fine in the fooked up world of Battleground Europe.

LOL which one of us got his Churchill 3 assploded by the pak36 Sunday?