• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Ltarflak

2018 road map

280 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, dre21 said:

That's why you guys get to stack french brigades with BEF brigades.

Axis get to face both Armor if flags are stacked, you guys act like you have to go against the Tiger with BEF tier only.

Also like Merlin mentioned all the Allied Armor came to be cause they had to find an answer vs the Panther , I don't see it in the to do list do you?

And yes Tiger 2 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_II

Sloped armor , Thicker Armor

Build 1943 till 1945 entered service in 1944 but again , Flanking only for Axis cause seems Allied players have issues with it if you can't kill it from the front then it sure doesn't belong in the Axis spawn list.

Stacking has to be allowed so we do not get back into the business of what side can cap a spawn and what side caps the AB and the artificial boundries that did not allow the sides to pass through each other.  Its also historical to have 2 armies working together in the same theater of operations.

If we do get the Firefly to deal with the Tiger.. I hope they are all over the place. The Tiger most certainly be all over the place. The allies will have a real contender with the Tiger. No more 2k AB camps without consequences. I am perfectly fine with that :)  Almost giddy with excitement.

The only realistic Tiger variant would be the 44 version. The King Tiger is a new model.

The panther is not on that list.. correct. I cant say when its going to enter.. I can say I will enjoy having long ranged firepower on a mobile chassis where I can at least go head to head with the Tiger for once!!  I guess the Tiger drivers will have to earn their Stripes then... and the Axis will just have to be patient and I dare say as patient as the Allies where during the M10/Cru3/TIger match up and the lack of long range weapon patience the BEF has had since the StugG entered. I highly doubt that will be the case though on both ends. One, that the Panther wont come sooner than the S76 or that the Axis have nearly 1/4th the patience as the Allies.. Just say'in :)

1 person likes this

Whatever is done, I hope a better balance mechanism can be utilized than differential degunning and detracking. That approach just doesn't feel right.

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, stankyus said:

I can say I will enjoy having long ranged firepower on a mobile chassis where I can at least go head to head with the Tiger for once!!  I guess the Tiger drivers will have to earn their Stripes then...

Just like CRS did with the Matilda MK II counter part in Tier 0!....

9 minutes ago, saronin said:

Just like CRS did with the Matilda MK II counter part in Tier 0!....

In this case (that of no historical counterpart) the only alternatives are to:

1.  give the Axis extra equipment to deal with them, or more specifically to help the Axis absorb losses better since sappers seem to be the Matty's bane (this is the case now)

2.  remove the Matilda entirely (I don't think a majority would agree with removing content from a content starved game)

And I still think a small amout (4ish) Pak38s per brigade in T0 should be done, especially if it means the armor numbers can be brought closer to a 1:1 ratio.  These could substitute for the Czech 47mm until that can be modeled at a later time.  

Edited by Capco

51 minutes ago, stankyus said:

am open to the consideration of going back to the M10 vrs Tiger IF and only IF the M10 is equipped with some specialty ammo that would put the Tiger in its place.  IF there is none, its a NO GO because we already know how bad that went already.

Kinda like the HE round ?  Cause last time I played intermission as an M10 I blew away a Tiger with a front hit at about 1000meters . I might have even kept the  screen shot from that mission on how many Tigers I did get , but don't quote me on it. 

Once again The M10 was a ambush shoot and scoot platform.  You guys using it as an Attack battle tank is just wrong . It's a defensive oriented , or stalk and ambush platform.  Of course it's an easy meal ticket for any player that has been playing this game forever and actually uses the Tiger the way it was intended. 

I do quite well in the Tiger but you won't  see me either rolling into a town .

I'll sit back let the Armor come to me use the Range the gun has and my optics and my commander to my advantage.  

23 minutes ago, stankyus said:

I guess the Tiger drivers will have to earn their Stripes then... and the Axis will just have to be patient and I dare say as patient as the Allies where during the M10/Cru3/TIger match up and the lack of long range weapon

I guess as patiened as we have been with our paper armor in tier 0 and 1 . Cause as I recall I have to pick the spots where I want to shoot Allied armor to get results while the other way around its a mere ohh look Panzer,  point at almost anywhere where there could be a driver ,gunner or engine , push button and I have a result , no matter front, side or rear. 

It be hell of fun down the road .

Well Axis friends we better learn how to Flank. It's getting old.

1 minute ago, jwilly said:

Whatever is done, I hope a better balance mechanism can be utilized than differential degunning and detracking. That approach just doesn't feel right.

Agreed.. I think the fine tuning in weapons balance will hinge in the specialty ammo department.  I "believe" that will be a KEY element in the fine tuning and putting the weapon systems closer to their historical tiers.

26 minutes ago, Capco said:

In this case (that of no historical counterpart) the only alternatives are to:

1.  give the Axis extra equipment to deal with them, or more specifically to help the Axis absorb losses better since sappers seem to be the Matty's bane (this is the case now)

2.  remove the Matilda entirely (I don't think a majority would agree with removing content from a content starved game)

And I still think a small amout (4ish) Pak38s per brigade in T0 should be done, especially if it means the armor numbers can be brought closer to a 1:1 ratio.  These could substitute for the Czech 47mm until that can be modeled at a later time.  

What exactly was the historical counterpart to the Tiger in 1942 again?

28 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Kinda like the HE round ?  Cause last time I played intermission as an M10 I blew away a Tiger with a front hit at about 1000meters . I might have even kept the  screen shot from that mission on how many Tigers I did get , but don't quote me on it. 

Once again The M10 was a ambush shoot and scoot platform.  You guys using it as an Attack battle tank is just wrong . It's a defensive oriented , or stalk and ambush platform.  Of course it's an easy meal ticket for any player that has been playing this game forever and actually uses the Tiger the way it was intended. 

I do quite well in the Tiger but you won't  see me either rolling into a town .

I'll sit back let the Armor come to me use the Range the gun has and my optics and my commander to my advantage.  

I love the M10.. 1k frontal hits on Tigers is a kill shot, 1200m and your asking for it.  It is also my go to AFV and I also do quite well in it for what it is. You are correct it is absolutely a ambush weapon and I use it precisely that way unless we are talking about an attack winding down and we are starting to lock down the AB I will move up.. 600-700m from the AB gates usually and wait. Close enough for vis and a kill, far enough from being easily spotted... so you wont see me rolling a town with a M10 either.

40 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Also like Merlin mentioned all the Allied Armor came to be cause they had to find an answer vs the Panther , I don't see it in the to do list do you?

And yes Tiger 2 

Merlin also said though that it would be a while before we could probably see a panther
It isnt a variant, there is virtually nothing in the game to reuse to create it from, not art, not mechanics, not data.
You want your panther to be done right and proper and not rushed

For time being one could simply adjust the tiger availability as needed.
It lacks the same feel but at least you can work with it right?

Someone mentioned the tiger as a 42 item being used still in 44
The tiger I, for all practical purposes was still Very viable in 44.
Things hurting it are primarily things that do not exist in the game world

14 minutes ago, saronin said:

6-pounder shot from the flank and rear. Artillery, including 3,7 inch AA and 25-pounder. Bombs. 

28 minutes ago, dre21 said:

I guess as patiened as we have been with our paper armor in tier 0 and 1 . Cause as I recall I have to pick the spots where I want to shoot Allied armor to get results while the other way around its a mere ohh look Panzer,  point at almost anywhere where there could be a driver ,gunner or engine , push button and I have a result , no matter front, side or rear. 

It be hell of fun down the road .

Well Axis friends we better learn how to Flank. It's getting old.

The StugB is far from paper armor in T0 and the PzH is no picnic.. Just ask any Stu or Cru2 driver.  The only Armor problem the Axis have is T-0 which lasts for 5-7 days. The Tiger lasts till the end of the Map.  I also guess I'm just not as good as you describe, I rarely have a easy time tanking in T-0 where I just point, shoot and tank goes boom.  That has not been my experience at all in any tier on any side.

4 people like this

15 minutes ago, saronin said:

The Western Allies did not encounter the Tiger until December 1942.  On the Eastern front, the Tiger was only involved in a small handful of engagements during the second half of 1942 and on both fronts it did not come into its own until early 1943.  

For all intents and purposes, it's best to consider the Tiger a 1943 tank in our game.  

Just now, Capco said:

The Western Allies did not encounter the Tiger until December 1942.  On the Eastern front, the Tiger was only involved in a small handful of engagements during the second half of 1942 and on both fronts it did not come into its own until early 1943.  

For all intents and purposes, it's best to consider the Tiger a 1943 tank in our game.  

I was going to post this earlier to answer Merlin on what was fighting the Tiger.  It happened in NA "I believe" and in Italy. In both places I believe there were exactly a handful of Tigers. in the Italian theater very very few Tigers until very late 43 after the Italians surrendered. In the area of the Map we are talking about the said equipment did not face each other until 1944 where a handful the M4A1s S76 landed on Dec 6th.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, stankyus said:

I was going to post this earlier to answer Merlin on what was fighting the Tiger.  It happened in NA "I believe" and in Italy. In both places I believe there were exactly a handful of Tigers. in the Italian theater very very few Tigers until very late 43 after the Italians surrendered. In the area of the Map we are talking about the said equipment did not face each other until 1944 where a handful the M4A1s S76 landed on Dec 6th.

Likewise, it's ridiculous when people assert that the S76 is more than a match for the Tiger because it's a "1944" tank.

There is nothing that is two-years technologically advanced about the S76 in comparison to the Tiger.  The 76mm M1 could have been installed on Shermans as early as 1943.  There was nothing technologically limiting the Americans from doing so.  It was a strategic decision because it wasn't deemed necessary.  

On the other hand, the Tiger is a 1943 tank with 1945 capabilities.  

Edited by Capco

13 minutes ago, Capco said:

So the Tiger gets bumped up a tier and the Sherman 76 down a tier.  The Axis get to deal with the Matilda as is?  Not so much as the pak 38 to tier 0 in limited numbers.  But we're willing to throw tanks introduced in 1942 up against tanks introduced in 1944 and not call BS. Sounds completely reasonable.

Edited by saronin

40 minutes ago, saronin said:

So the Tiger gets bumped up a tier and the Sherman 76 down a tier.  

Nah.

The Tiger should be T2 if the tiers are full-year, or T2.5 if they're half-years. The Sherman 76 should be T4, no question about it. The M10 was in production in 1942 without the turret counterweight, but it didn't work in combat until 1943 due to jamming on slopes of greater than 4 degrees so it should be T3. 

Soon Sherman 75s will be eligible to carry WP shells. A WP hit won't kill a buttoned-up Tiger, but it'll make it much less combat effective unless the Tiger moves.

12 hours ago, gters said:

XOOM I know that soon two types of Italian infantrymen will come out, but by 2018 will we also see some airplanes or tanks? For example, by creating a Semovente m40 75/18, it can be updated to 75/34 ----> 75/46. I do not think it's a lot of work or am I wrong? The game needs more variety on AXIS side)))

ps i'm sorry for the text size

At all times we have tried to be incredibly clear, that the Italian forces would be introduced into WWII Online as embedded with the German Army.

We are not actively developing any thing else beyond what we have committed to already.

37 minutes ago, XOOM said:

At all times we have tried to be incredibly clear, that the Italian forces would be introduced into WWII Online as embedded with the German Army.

We are not actively developing any thing else beyond what we have committed to already.

Hope, maybe one Italian pice if kit in the next year, an Italian grenade perhaps, impact fused of course :)

45 minutes ago, XOOM said:

I (and many others) hope that when you finish your actually projects, you will also start working on some Italian vehicles...

12 minutes ago, brady said:

Hope, maybe one Italian pice if kit in the next year, an Italian grenade perhaps, impact fused of course :)

When we fulfill some of our other obligations we'll start getting to it. It's not a matter of us not wanting Italian forces, but we still have an incomplete set with the US forces. I don't want to go any further than what we've already committed to, or piece meal things.

7 minutes ago, vongters said:

I (and many others) hope that when you finish your actually projects, you will also start working on some Italian vehicles...

We know Vongters. We need to see how all of our current Roadmap develops and see how the player base reacts to the basic implementation of Italians, along with all of these other vehicles we're adding. If the reception is great, we'll invest more energy into it. If it doesn't have much effect, well what's the point? So it'll be up to YOU guys at the end of the day.

And just to be clear, this CRS has never committed to anything beyond what we've already said and what I am re-affirming here now, intentionally to help manage expectations. Not trying to come across wrong by that but to be sure I'm protecting our image and word so something doesn't go wild in terms of well we interpreted that as a whole new persona! 

S! 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, XOOM said:

When we fulfill some of our other obligations we'll start getting to it. It's not a matter of us not wanting Italian forces, but we still have an incomplete set with the US forces. I don't want to go any further than what we've already committed to, or piece meal things.

Cool beans, I have thing for Italian kit so my want for it is a bit irrational, I get that you need to focuse on other items at present, and I am delighted that we’re getting  what we are now, tough I suspect I am not alone in wanting more, but thats a great part if the game realy, thinking of all the cool stuff that could be added.

SPA TM40 a great place to start, for that day...

Edited by brady

1 minute ago, brady said:

Cool beans, I have thing for Italian kit so my want for it is a bit irrational, I get that you need to focuse on other items at present, and I am delighted that we’re get what we are now, tough I suspect I am not alone in wanting more, but thats a great part if the game realy, thinking of all the cool stuff that could be added.

As long as you guys are here giving us your support via subscription, we're going to last the test of time and keep going. That is the single largest identifier of whether we'll go on or not, and has been for the lifetime of this product. I pray we're doing our part to further gain your confidence and trust, to where this year we might see some direct funding goals set for our team at CRS specifically.

I'm going to say it some more, if I had the ability to get another full time dev, or even two, things would start going on overdrive and delivery of things better (fixes and features).

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Capco said:

For a time, until it can be done properly. At least as properly as you can do in the games constraints.
You'd have the tiger appear in T2, but it would not be a garrison level unit at that time, it would be limited to existing in a heavy armor unit of which there would be
only a very few, like maybe 2 for example.
They would of course not be limited to 2 or 3 tigers because they are limited in how many places on the map they could exist at any one time

It would migrate out to garrisons as tiers progress.

You could perhaps even use this as a means to put some pak38's into T0 in some heavy infantry units or something like that.

Might possibly even suit the Matilda II rather than a low global spawn amount?

That is something the hybrid system could facilitate very well