• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Ltarflak

2018 road map

280 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, fufubear1f said:

What were the German rockets?  I thought Br21 was for bombers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werfer-Granate_21

Employed as Air to Ground extensively by 110s and 190s, not effective against armor but guns, fighting positions, non armored mechanized as well as infrastructure it had good effect. Br21s were pretty much only fit to Me262s and 190Fs. 190Fs were a JABO subtype. 

1 hour ago, david01 said:

The gameplay in WW2online doesn't support long range armor combat, so adding in these late war units won't affect much. The average engagement outside of town is <600m and a lot of vehicle kills are <100m as tanks camp or attempt to storm the AB entrances. To add to that the game engine itself doesn't support long range combat, I mean you guys are arguing over late-war vehicles that have effective ranges of 3km or greater when projectiles stop showing at 2km-ish and kills are almost impossible past that range. I think the longest kill I ever made was 2.4km and that was years ago before engine tweaks.

Also simply adding more units in to the game isn't the right path to sub increases. Other games have a huge advantage in "content creation" and you're never going to catch up with them. For example War Thunder added an entire French ground tech tree in November of last year. Here it's been over a year and some variants of existing aircraft still aren't in game. The first ground units this game added in a decade, the SPAA units, haven't resulted in big sub or game activity increases. Much of the current spawnlist isn't used except as a last resort, and this gets worse as tiers advance when a side has literally 2-3 worthwhile units and the rest of the list is trash (p38ts and cruisers against S76s and Tigers). This is just sober analysis.

The best thing for the roadmap would be for someone to acknowledge that the current gameplay is bad, and that the average experience ranges from "boring" to "miserable". There has got to be a plan to fix that. Right now either nothing is happening and map is boring, or someone messed up and one side is forced to fight rifles vs tanks for a week until intermission and a new campaign. Like the lead dev is still wondering if the FMS has problems months after the Steam release bombed and I posted video all all his potential customers getting camped merciclessly. Nothing about the FMS is in the roadmap. A tactical FPS is on the roadmap though when they can't get spawning or other basic FPS mechanics right.

You dont even play any more, why do you care?

Is there any thing this game does right that keeps you coming back?

2 hours ago, madrebel said:

200, 202, 205, 206 (using 605AM instead of 603)

G55.I and II, G56

Re.2000, 2001, 2005, 2006 (using 605AC engine instead of 603)

Is what I'd do if i had endless resources. A more reasonable route if/when the italians get planes would be to use the Macchi line where it fits and plug holes with 109 variants. Italians flew  109Gs, Ju88s, Ju87s (R2s) ... Do217s, and a tiny amount of 110s. Without variants Italy could field an entirely Italian fighter force up to tier4. G56 ... would be out classed by itself in tier5 but it'd get the job done. Add a balanced Re.2006 and Mc.206 and Italy would be fine throughout the tiers with domestic fighter designs. They have significant gaps in their JABO fleet starting late tier3 when the Re.2002 just isn't fast enough anymore, in theory they have decent medium bombers, a decent heavy bomber design, and absolutely atrocious twin engined heavy fighters ... but their fighters are sweet! lol

the problem was that new aircrafts remained only at project or prototype stage after 1943, yet they were very interesting and innovative projects like Caproni Ca. 183 Bis, Caproni Vizzola F6Z,  Caproni Campini N1 etc. We Italians had many good or excellent airplanes but produced in really fews numbers

3 hours ago, david01 said:

The gameplay in WW2online doesn't support long range armor combat, so adding in these late war units won't affect much. The average engagement outside of town is <600m and a lot of vehicle kills are <100m as tanks camp or attempt to storm the AB entrances. To add to that the game engine itself doesn't support long range combat, I mean you guys are arguing over late-war vehicles that have effective ranges of 3km or greater when projectiles stop showing at 2km-ish and kills are almost impossible past that range. I think the longest kill I ever made was 2.4km and that was years ago before engine tweaks.

You can engage in long range combat
The guns presently in game might not be the most suited to shooting each other at 2500m+ but yes you can.
Hell you can pop a HT with a bofors at 2700m+ you have to use the commander, its more of a shelling than a shooting but it does work.
We just dont have the guns/optics for doing it well, unless you count a DD which can tag you from far beyond 3000m

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

In my honest opinion that 37mm gun that the STU sports is way overpowered .  The impacts sound like the M10 is shooting at you.  But that could be just my perception. 

No, you are correct there, all 3rd person views of incoming stuff kind of generically looks like someone is pounding you with HE even the little 25mm atg.
Only the shooter gets an actual accurate view there

3 hours ago, noparty said:

Xoom and the Rats are doing a great job under difficult circumstances. They deserve our thanks and support.

Yes they do...Its the same half a dozen people that just don't stop complaining.

Some don't even play any more but keep coming back to predict the end is near...LOL

The simple fact that there are ONLY this many people posting means what exactly......

Look from the view of a new player..the forums are dead...Maybe 10-15 players BOTHER posting topics. The HEAD OF CRS was not aware of the multiple pages of the FMS issues in the game. 

This means either he does not PLAY the game he markets very much or does not try to make fms as even he acknowledges that it is a PITA. Other rats play more often and tend to agree with most of the player base issues - as they see the consequences a lot more. Does the HEAD OF CRS think 20-50 players on allied side at high pop is a success?

I am fervent in my desire for a good game and hope to help out the development with my subscription but IGNORING the hundreds of player base issues for YEARS (pre XOOM I acknowledge) has decimated the player base. Only the truly hardcore players bother to log in. They look around to see if there is a good fight going...check it out... FMS gets blown..and log. The armour degunning issues have been in the game for years. Deadman gunning issues with the SPAA is prevalent because of the high ROF and the associated lag issues.

These issues have to be addressed BEFORE any further units are added, or all you are doing it making new toys with no one to spawn them.

31 minutes ago, dropbear said:

Deadman gunning issues with the SPAA is prevalent because of the high ROF and the associated lag issues.

Just want to mention, any autofire gun in the game...
If you do not release the trigger, you will continue to fire until that "person" reaches what i would call comotose level
You can not move or anything, can not aim gun, but if you hold the trigger it will keep shooting until the guy flat lines and falls on the floor (figuratively)
Roughly right around the full blackscreen time

Not saying that is perfect or anything, but it is not just SPAA,
ATG Tank Tailgunners etc.

It used to be worse back in the day,  you could fire until auto despawned.

38 minutes ago, dropbear said:

This means either he does not PLAY the game he markets very much

Unfortunate side effect of making a game.
Most of the time you could be playing the game, you wind up working on it instead.
And he who is in charge gets the benefit of the least free time usually.

FWIW doing things to the FMS is not so simple.
One one hand, a guy would like to be able to roll up and deploy an impregnable tower defense structure 5 steps from the objective

But there is a guy there at the objective who would not much enjoy having this siege tower suddenly shoved up his butt that he can not do much about.

The cannon round thing is a glitch, and it is getting dealt with, so that takes straffing out of the picture leaving only multiple direct bomb hits (if no other damage has occured) as the only air option.

Quite a bit could be rectified if everyone, not just the poor guy trying to place the FMS made the FMS Priority 1
Pick a deployment area, clear the area, protect the fms enroute to area, set up shop around the FMS and defend it.
If you have an FMS in a guys backyard, he is going to come for it. Let him.
Chew him up and drain down his supply, when he weakens push forward, and if feasible move FMS up.
If not feasible plow a corridor and continue to deplete the enemy until it is.

It's harder than it sounds in text obviously, but it's easier than having some guy go off in a truck alone to hope by luck
he will park a truck unnoticed 400m away from the spawnable.

It would also be good if the riflemen and engineers started dropping some of those bullet stopping PPO's along the route from FMS to objective
helps the guys moving forward have cover to dart between.
Couple gun bunks placed sideways behind the FMS does wonders for MG fire from the rear, just dont place them too close or the atg/aa guns flip over.

3 hours ago, dropbear said:

The simple fact that there are ONLY this many people posting means what exactly......

Look from the view of a new player..the forums are dead...Maybe 10-15 players BOTHER posting topics. The HEAD OF CRS was not aware of the multiple pages of the FMS issues in the game. 

This means either he does not PLAY the game he markets very much or does not try to make fms as even he acknowledges that it is a PITA. Other rats play more often and tend to agree with most of the player base issues - as they see the consequences a lot more. Does the HEAD OF CRS think 20-50 players on allied side at high pop is a success?

I am fervent in my desire for a good game and hope to help out the development with my subscription but IGNORING the hundreds of player base issues for YEARS (pre XOOM I acknowledge) has decimated the player base. Only the truly hardcore players bother to log in. They look around to see if there is a good fight going...check it out... FMS gets blown..and log. The armour degunning issues have been in the game for years. Deadman gunning issues with the SPAA is prevalent because of the high ROF and the associated lag issues.

These issues have to be addressed BEFORE any further units are added, or all you are doing it making new toys with no one to spawn them.

Yeah he used to use perma-ban hammer a lot and lost a lot of subscribers and much of the community on the forums, perma-ban is like the worst tool you can use, It destroys community it drivers people to be extreme haters... They even had to close the MMORPG forum xD

I'm also a perma ban veteran, ban for just criticizing honest mistakes they made and bad design decisions or odd solutions like reverting back to a truck place mobile spawn instead of coming with a better solution that addressed both issues and never listening to the community or working together with it, the way they said they would be testing only the FMS and then reverting to the FRU in case the community didn't support(which was a very split decision they never release the poll) and simply impose their way felt so wrong and shady instead of just admitting to they true intentions all along.)

^^^ 2013 XOOM would get you perma ban by saying this

But he has made something with very few..(and many thanks due to hardcore fans and wales) and some recent decisions or solutions I kinda agree, experiment more with the campaign and changing supply, having a 2 week premium trial follow by a revert to free account(although this should be an interim solution to keep the lights on until they can deploy a true F2P based on point system), trying to find low cost but high impact features like replacing loading screens, adding a tutorial, implementing SPAA and having their main focus on WW2ol while slowly and substantial building WWol 2.0 with another development branch is really the only way to keep this game moving forward.. There is really no other solution unless millions of dollars are involve.

Anyways there is no reason for me to pay to play WW2ol being Perma Ban, having a great community and players you play with also being perma-ban... that's half the fun for subscribing to WW2ol, subscription is too high for the amount of frustration and bugs this game still has especially tank wise. As you said it the tanking without degunning and component damage stats would be so much better and less frustration or at least a repair system.

I'm just here chilling seeding ideas on players and devs minds that will grow and make the game much better... it's very rewarding telling stuff years ago to see it being implemented and seeing other people asking for this things to be implemented, only really works in a small forum like these were devs also participate.

Edited by pbveteran

11 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Quite a bit could be rectified if everyone, not just the poor guy trying to place the FMS made the FMS Priority 1
Pick a deployment area, clear the area, protect the fms enroute to area, set up shop around the FMS and defend it.
If you have an FMS in a guys backyard, he is going to come for it. Let him.
Chew him up and drain down his supply, when he weakens push forward, and if feasible move FMS up.
If not feasible plow a corridor and continue to deplete the enemy until it is.

The FMS problem isn't winning or losing, or even bad fight vs good. Its a dead map...

The amount work you and everyone else suggest, should achieve victory or a fun fight, not simply getting the battle started.

Even that tower 5m from the objective is better than the dead map. Frick we already have it in the form of the depots

Edited by major0noob

It means that most people dont come to the forums.

Like i said above, its the same few people complaining and putting down everything the devs are doing.

If you want to find out whats going on behind the scenes then step up and volunteer.

I can guarantee that you'd be very surprised and even feel kind of foolish.

If you keep beating down the people that volunteer, eventually they'll break and then we have nothing.

Some people cant wait until the game dies so they can say "told you so" and ride off into the sunset.

People resub, and within a few days they head straight to the forums and complain.

You'd also be surprised at the support tickets we get about how side bias one sides equipment is performing.

Its your right to complain, but its getting old and tired.

This team is definitely in favor of constructive criticism and they're well aware of most every issue that you may think is killing the game no matter how many times you post it or threaten to unsub.

1 person likes this

On 26/01/2018 at 8:57 PM, Pittpete said:

You dont even play any more, why do you care?

Is there any thing this game does right that keeps you coming back?

The whining, duh

they literally begged for money twice and constantly ask (unsuccessfully) for 2x price subs, all while bleeding subs to obvious problems.

they deserve the state they're in. they've gotta fricken learn though

2 hours ago, Pittpete said:

Like i said above, its the same few people complaining and putting down everything the devs are doing.

If you want to find out whats going on behind the scenes then step up and volunteer.

If you keep beating down the people that volunteer, eventually they'll break and then we have nothing.

Some people cant wait until the game dies so they can say "told you so" and ride off into the sunset.

People resub, and within a few days they head straight to the forums and complain.

You'd also be surprised at the support tickets we get about how side bias one sides equipment is performing.

This team is definitely in favor of constructive criticism and they're well aware of most every issue that you may think is killing the game no matter how many times you post it or threaten to unsub.

As long as people are complaining it means they are invested and still give a [censored].  Once they go silent and completely stop complaining it means they have divested themselves and moved on.  You have lost them and they no longer give a [censored].  Nothing furthers that process faster then someone affiliated with the company in any capacity, volunteer or not, down playing their complaints or [censored]ing about the fact they are complaining.

8 hours ago, major0noob said:

The amount work you and everyone else suggest, should achieve victory or a fun fight, not simply getting the battle started.

So the battle for the FMS is not fun but the battle for building 1462 where the defender has all the advantages is?

If you make the other guy drain all his toys trying to assault your heavily protected FMS's, then when you easily push up and through town, that is not victory?

9 hours ago, major0noob said:

Even that tower 5m from the objective is better than the dead map. Frick we already have it in the form of the depots

The depot is part of the town, it is supposed to be hard, you are trying to take something away from someone in their own house.
The tower is only fun for one side, you are asking to come to a guys house and build a fortress in his living room, without even having to kick the door in.
I doubt he will find any sense of fun in that?

21 hours ago, Pittpete said:

Yes they do...Its the same half a dozen people that just don't stop complaining.

Some don't even play any more but keep coming back to predict the end is near...LOL

Since you are all volunteers now and Xoom is asking for help with marketing let me give you some marketing advice:

The cordial gripes here are almost irrelevant. You should be concerned about getting annihilated on Steam. Just look at your store page. The discussion forum there doesn't have any positive content at all; no videos of ops, AARs or anything. Get these debates about new vehicles out of this thread and over there so there's actually something besides stickies and angry Steam users.

You have devs arguing with reviews and mods arguing with users. I know that you guys think that you are defending the game but Customer Service 101 says that the absolute worst thing a company rep can do is make a customer feel like their concerns are being disregarded. No one is winning any victories in debates they're just burning customers.

It's also futile to try to build subs for a current project by showing off concept art of new project. The game hasn't established itself on Steam yet there's all these messages about holding on for something new.

7 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

So the battle for the FMS is not fun but the battle for building 1462 where the defender has all the advantages is?

If you make the other guy drain all his toys trying to assault your heavily protected FMS's, then when you easily push up and through town, that is not victory?

The depot is part of the town, it is supposed to be hard, you are trying to take something away from someone in their own house.
The tower is only fun for one side, you are asking to come to a guys house and build a fortress in his living room, without even having to kick the door in.
I doubt he will find any sense of fun in that?

FMS battles aren't fun because the attacker is naked with no good units to spawn. If it were fun then you'd see everyone making a FMS themselves and not HC begging for someone to set them.

A depot capture is just a tiny foothold and shouldn't be hard. The real battle for a town doesn't even begin until some depots get captured. By making depot captures hard you keep the server activity low.

A defender isn't going to drain all their units assaulting a FMS because a FMS can't spawn medium ATGs or real AA let alone tanks. What drains a defender's units are badly-placed defensive FMS; that should be an indication of how bad FMS are.

The defender also isn't some weak little baby they can spawn the most powerful units in the game to 50m in front of their bunker, and literally teleport more in if they run low. The defender is so advantaged that trying to set up a stand-up fight anymore is a waste of everyone's time.

You guys have a mature product that brings in money every month. All you have to do is stop messing it up with bad decisions and learn some basic FPS stuff.

1 hour ago, saronin said:

As long as people are complaining it means they are invested and still give a [censored].  Once they go silent and completely stop complaining it means they have divested themselves and moved on.  You have lost them and they no longer give a [censored].  Nothing furthers that process faster then someone affiliated with the company in any capacity, volunteer or not, down playing their complaints or [censored]ing about the fact they are complaining.

David has more whine posts than kills with his account in career.

Hes hopeless.

1 minute ago, Lob12 said:

David has more whine posts than kills with his account in career.

Hes hopeless.

Either way, my statement still stands.  Turning into miniDOC hurts far more than it helps.

38 minutes ago, david01 said:

A defender isn't going to drain all their units assaulting a FMS because a FMS can't spawn medium ATGs or real AA let alone tanks.

Is there a reason you can only selectively read/comprehend?

Lets try this

Zur unterstützung der feld infanterie kommandoposition, bringst du die gottverdammte rüstung und die schweren waffen heraus.
Sie bewegen sich vor der feld infanterie kommandoposition und bleiben stehen, um sie zu verteidigen.

Es ist kein schwer zu verstehendes konzept.

Oder vielleicht ist es?

Verstehen?

Or one of these?
Surely you can read/comprehend one of them 

À l'appui de la position du commando d'infanterie de front, vous faites ressortir l'armure et les armes lourdes.
Ce n'est pas un concept difficile à comprendre.
Ou peut-être que c'est?
comprendre?

Til støtte for den fremre infanteri kommandoen posisjon du bringer ut guddommen rustning og tunge våpen.
Det er ikke et vanskelig konsept å forstå.
Eller kanskje det er?
forstå?

A sostegno della posizione di comando della fanteria anteriore tiri fuori la maledetta armatura e le armi pesanti.
Non è un concetto difficile da capire.
O forse lo è?
capire?

Yeah he used to use perma-ban hammer a lot and lost a lot of subscribers and much of the community on the forums, perma-ban is like the worst tool you can use, It destroys community it drives people to be extreme haters... (...) I'm also a perma ban veteran, ban for just criticizing honest mistakes they made and bad design decisions or odd solutions like reverting back to a truck place mobile spawn instead of coming with a better solution that addressed both issues and never listening to the community or working together with it, the way they said they would be testing only the FMS and then reverting to the FRU in case the community didn't support (which was a very split decision they never release the poll) and simply impose their way felt so wrong and shady instead of just admitting to they true intentions all along.)

Two thoughts:

1. Some folks think that if their analysis of present state and their proposed fixes are not adopted forthwith, those in charge must not be paying any attention to any community input. 

Another possibility, of course, is that those in charge...who have to keep the bills paid, keep the game running while working on it, and satisfy all of the major customer groups, not just the particular customer-viewpoint typified by the comments above...have different views on analysis, fixes and priorities.

2. With reference in particular to the latter comment above: any chance that the community could be allowed to vote for forum-banning?  :D

2 people like this

4 hours ago, major0noob said:

they literally begged for money twice and constantly ask (unsuccessfully) for 2x price subs, all while bleeding subs to obvious problems.

I feel sorry for you if this is the way you truly feel.:huh:

Cutting your nose off to spite your face never works.

...or it could mean that the vast majority of the playerbase simply does not CARE anymore. Ignoring this is like  an ostrich with their head in the sand. True, the majority of steam players don't use forums - for various reasons.

Only the players who GIVE A PROVERBIAL speak up. If we didn't care we would just leave and you NEVER see us or our subscriptions again. If CRS prefers this then they deserve what they get. 

47 minutes ago, jwilly said:

1. Some folks think that if their analysis of present state and their proposed fixes are not adopted forthwith, those in charge must not be paying any attention to any community input. 

Another possibility, of course, is that those in charge...who have to keep the bills paid, keep the game running while working on it, and satisfy all of the major customer groups, not just the particular customer-viewpoint typified by the comments above...have different views on analysis, fixes and priorities.

the current state of the map is nothing new, it's been at 1-2 FMS's for almost 10 months now. there was a lot more people last year and it was obvious the lack of FMS's was killing activity. then steam hit and we were still using only 1-2 FMS's, months after steam and 4 changes later (all in the last FMS thread but having nothing to do with the FMS) and nothing's changed.

the FMS was the only change between the low activity and having regular battles all day. it was obvious... its still obvious, the FMS is limiting activity: the fixes are easy, yet they refused to even experiment.

26 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

I feel sorry for you if this is the way you truly feel.:huh:

Cutting your nose off to spite your face never works.

if they can't even provide a game for us to play they don't deserve subs.

yet they ask for hero subs and lump sums of money while still ignore problems.

Edited by major0noob