Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

How do I zoom driver's view in SPAA?

fatsmacfly

The standard "." key used for armor does nothing. Neither does my keymapped button I use on all other armor. I've scoured the keymapper, and pressed every button on my keyboard with zero luck. I can't see to drive!

The SPAA is listed under ATG and AA

So you want to map there in keymapper rather than under armor

Gunsight and Instrument views.
For the crusader, you would hit gunsight view to see better to drive
For the HT you dont need to do anything

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I knew it was in the AA/AT section.  I'm just saying that the zoom doesn't work for the driver. It works just fine for the gunner. 

On the SPAA, there are only two views that can zoom like that.  The commander (position 2) and the gunner (position 3).  The driver of the vehicle can look at his instrument panel, but not zoom

Thanks for replying,

That's ridiculous... All of the other allied armour including the Crusader the SPAA is based on can zoom in at least enough to see out clearly. How the heck are you supposed to drive the thing? Is it an intentional nerf like the lack of plates shielding the gun crew? 

9 hours ago, Dwalin said:

On the SPAA, there are only two views that can zoom like that.  The commander (position 2) and the gunner (position 3).  The driver of the vehicle can look at his instrument panel, but not zoom

That is not correct
On the crusader SPAA the default key is C for driver view i think, it is different than for the tank for what ever reason, for the crusader tank the default is O
They both have the same view ability.

For the HT, well like all trucks, you spawn in already in drivers view.

Zoom view should be the same as Gunsight view in the key mapper.. Can open the front hatch using the canopy control key mapper. 

4 minutes ago, Dwalin said:

Apologies... you're right.  I was thinking the Axis SPAA

No, the reason YOU can not see to drive the axis SPAA is it was not designed for a Dwarven stature (you cant see over the dash board)
Solution there is Let the Elf drive........

• 2 weeks later...