• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
brady

KISS- GAME CHANGING IDEAS KEPT SIMPLE

65 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, brady said:

Why ?

The ridiculous up-down-up-down method of avoiding fire. 

Redo the mouse sensitivity settings completely. It's atrocious. 

Edited by gretnine

15 minutes ago, Silky said:

The ridiculous up-down-up-down method of avoiding fire. 

O, I just shoot them :)

Sight hood for the k98 anyone? 

Also although I love the fact sniper rifles like the k98 use stripper clips (makes life way easier)....its totally unrealistic. Not sure about the animation for the allied snipers, but could a 1 round at a time load be a option...for realism sake.

A a fix for the black trees and water would be a simple start - unless I missed that?

14 hours ago, delems said:

Been through this before.

The Sd Kfz 251 is based on the Sd Kfz 11, same engine I believe.

The Kfz 11 was designed to tow the 10.5 cm left 18 gun, at between 4 and 7 thousand pounds.

The Pak 40 was 3000 pounds and Bofors L/60 4000 and L70 11,000 pounds.

Seems pretty clear the 251 should be able to tow the Pak 40 and Bofors (L/60) relatively easily.

You aren't taking into account the weight of the added armor.  Just a quick lookup of the 251 shows it weighed 8.5 tons, and the Sdkfz 11 was 5.6 tons. If the 11 was designed to tow 7000 pounds, add 4000 worth of armor leave 3000 for towing. Barely enough for the Pak 40. With the added ground pressure and strain on the transmission, only for emergencies.

14 hours ago, goreblimey said:

251/22 has a pak 40 mounted . should end the argument on whether u can tow it or not. Happy for that to happen when Allies get an armoured HT that can tow a non flipping atg gun :)

Carry is different from towing. And with a totally different mount, weighs much less.

- Make 1 in 4 rounds of the top Mg 34 on the 251c spawn a flash. (remove the hollywood dumb blind muzzle flash of that gun)

- Allow Paraplanes to resupply infantry when they are close to them and potential all units as well.

- Remove degunning from all units.

- Remove partially damage stats tracks from all units. (not detracking)

- Make Infantry Smg dispersion more accurate to real life

- Add the top lmg to the Stug IIIG

- I second also the ability for the 251c to tow the Pak 40

Edited by pbveteran

1 hour ago, haupt said:

You aren't taking into account the weight of the added armor.  Just a quick lookup of the 251 shows it weighed 8.5 tons, and the Sdkfz 11 was 5.6 tons. If the 11 was designed to tow 7000 pounds, add 4000 worth of armor leave 3000 for towing. Barely enough for the Pak 40. With the added ground pressure and strain on the transmission, only for emergencies.

31f9544e4293edb10c4693701d7894e4.jpg

SdkFz 251:10 towing PaK 40

1 hour ago, pbveteran said:

- Make 1 in 4 rounds of the top Mg 34 on the 251c spawn a flash. (remove the hollywood dumb blind muzzle flash of that gun)

- Allow Paraplanes to resupply infantry when they are close to them and potential all units as well.

- Remove degunning from all units.

- Remove partially damage stats tracks from all units. (not detracking)

- Make Infantry Smg dispersion more accurate to real life

- Add the top lmg to the Stug IIIG

- I second also the ability for the 251c to tow the Pak 40

How about the transport, C47/JU 52 can drop one or two supply containers as a default load, they would act just like a truck dropped ammo box.

with a hot pink parachute:)

Edited by brady
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, gretnine said:

Redo the mouse sensitivity settings completely. It's atrocious. 

Being they are finitely adjustable, which part do you mean?
Id like and easier and perhaps per vehicle class way to adjust them  rather than doing it by hand but...
Like have the UI show X axis AND Y axis in both normal and aimed view and allow to save per unit type.

I have that now but it's a manual affair, but it does at least work well

In RE 251
I am pretty sure they can ALL tow a pak 38.
The pictures above i think are pak 38's

Pak 38 weighs 1,800 pounds

Pak 40 weighs 3,140

The 251/4 was absolutely most definitely used to tow the Pak 38 Pak40 and the 105mm howitzers
I do not know what changes were made under the hood on the 251/4, gearing / differential / transmission ?

But here would be my recommendation.
Change the 251 to be able to tow the PAK40 (but not the 88, it just cant, too heavy)
Any argument that a T0 251 cant tow a PAK4 40 is moot, it can simply be assumed that the 251/1's were switched out for the 251/4's, outwardly they all look exactly identical.
And it wont matter because in T0 there isnt a pak40 to tow anyways.

Make sense?

1 hour ago, brady said:

TT- can set a FMS

Man you got a crazy idea of simple :)

In my mind, the TT would be the FMS itself.
You would hop in your TT, load up friends if they want if not ok, get your multi crew going etc.

Get the TT to your Unloading point (Which should NOT be as close to the objective as possible)
Deploy your TT and it begins with a special Hybrid throttling of a modified naval MS.

A fixed number of various infanty are available to spawn on the life boat positions every X minutes up to the maximum amount in its total pool.
4 vehicle spawns become available every so many minutes, with the parking pads as the spawn locations, up to the maximum amount in its total pool.
Total pool size, maybe say 1/4 of a BDE?
You still have to unload them. (Extend crane boom to make this a little more reasonable to do, and perhaps speed it up just a little bit, 15% maybe?)

People choosing to spawn from the TT queue up, 1st 4 vehicles in line spawn, TT captain unloads, you wait for timer to cycle, next 4 in queue spawn etc.

You would offload in a safe position, some ways from the objective, and send out truck's for the actually attack FMS
And the reason for having the TT do infantry spawns is so you have some advanced troops to take with you as well as work with situations where
distance etc makes a truck FMS not possible.

The TT would need to be free from some of the criteria for setting an FMS by other means.

For the TT to be viable for use by a land brigade, the brigade would need to be in the TT's origin town
In hybrid supply the towns garrison would simply see it as available.

I'd even toss in a gameplay concession of bumping the TT max speed to 2 knots under a DD (cant have a TT outrunning DD's after all)
at least until such time as we have better means of facilitating naval movement or somethign

10 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Man you got a crazy idea of simple :)

In my mind, the TT would be the FMS itself.
You would hop in your TT, load up friends if they want if not ok, get your multi crew going etc.

Get the TT to your Unloading point (Which should NOT be as close to the objective as possible)
Deploy your TT and it begins with a special Hybrid throttling of a modified naval MS.

A fixed number of various infanty are available to spawn on the life boat positions every X minutes up to the maximum amount in its total pool.
4 vehicle spawns become available every so many minutes, with the parking pads as the spawn locations, up to the maximum amount in its total pool.
Total pool size, maybe say 1/4 of a BDE?
You still have to unload them. (Extend crane boom to make this a little more reasonable to do, and perhaps speed it up just a little bit, 15% maybe?)

People choosing to spawn from the TT queue up, 1st 4 vehicles in line spawn, TT captain unloads, you wait for timer to cycle, next 4 in queue spawn etc.

You would offload in a safe position, some ways from the objective, and send out truck's for the actually attack FMS
And the reason for having the TT do infantry spawns is so you have some advanced troops to take with you as well as work with situations where
distance etc makes a truck FMS not possible.

The TT would need to be free from some of the criteria for setting an FMS by other means.

For the TT to be viable for use by a land brigade, the brigade would need to be in the TT's origin town
In hybrid supply the towns garrison would simply see it as available.

I'd even toss in a gameplay concession of bumping the TT max speed to 2 knots under a DD (cant have a TT outrunning DD's after all)
at least until such time as we have better means of facilitating naval movement or somethign

Ya my idea is simple, idk what your idea is but it looks to be the polar opposite of simple :)

I just want the TT to be able to set a FMS, just like a truck can now, and draw on the inf supply from the Naval Brigade it came from, with one possible exception, a TT FMS would be able to spawn a truck from the FMS... and perhaps be able to set the FMS at a greater distance from the Intended target than normal, perhaps twice as far.

3 hours ago, brady said:

How about the transport, C47/JU 52 can drop one or two supply containers as a default load, they would act just like a truck dropped ammo box.

with a hot pink parachute:)

Keep it simple :) .. plus it would force pilot to land planes in potential contested zones that would just look cool.

Edited by pbveteran

6 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

Keep it simple :) .. plus it would force pilot to land planes in potential contested zones that would just look cool.

well ya it would be simpler and basically achieve the same thing.

Make it so U can unload the Bazooka, and actually move again if you don't want to shoot it.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, brady said:

idk what your idea is but it looks to be the polar opposite of simple

my idea is not simple at all unfortunately :( 

And yes, you would need to be able to do the TT in what ever fashion very far, or your landing will be over soon, and  not the *SooN*™ kind

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

my idea is not simple at all unfortunately :( 

And yes, you would need to be able to do the TT in what ever fashion very far, or your landing will be over soon, and  not the *SooN*™ kind

I think it was KMS That broached the subject of doing something along these lines a little while ago, and that wound up being one of the problems, you can’t really expect to get the TT very close to the target, so extending the placement range is basically a must.

New type of engineer:

Call it an assault engineer:

SMG ( limited ammo load, say 5 clips)

one repair kit

4 HE charges

the rest the same

or just a pistol with say 6 clips

with the same load as the rifle equipped engineer we have now.

add a a few to the pool, say 20% of current engineers replaced by them

20 minutes ago, brady said:

I think it was KMS That broached the subject of doing something along these lines a little while ago, and that wound up being one of the problems, you can’t really expect to get the TT very close to the target, so extending the placement range is basically a must.

Pretty much.
Even if you are totally stealthy, there is an ant trail leading back to a big giant slow box sitting on the shoreline in plain view.
If you are very close, you will most likely die very soon, or it will become the ultimate camp A thon

42 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Pretty much.
Even if you are totally stealthy, there is an ant trail leading back to a big giant slow box sitting on the shoreline in plain view.
If you are very close, you will most likely die very soon, or it will become the ultimate camp A thon

Well once u set the FMS u could die Spawn the TT, jyst Like you would a truck

Need to slow down the infantry sprint speed - way to fast;  and would do wonders for the lag/warpiness.

1 person likes this

C-47/JU-52 as resupply points.  Land and allow infantry/Engs to resupply.

Glider assaults on FBs and resupply from the transport plane on the ground.

1 person likes this