brady

KISS- GAME CHANGING IDEAS KEPT SIMPLE

65 posts in this topic

On 21.1.2018 at 9:06 AM, brady said:

Include navy and air ground missions in sane active battles tab as the army missions.

Yes that's what i have meant. Then remove non AO missions from ABT and maybe the noob non AO attacks will disappear. Remove FB missions obejective is clear.  The other thing is attck missions without fms and defence missions with fms, i think they should be removed too, because noobs spawn in the middle of nowhere all the time, but it's probably up to debate. As i see the first three are agreed upon, and maybe their impact is already bigger than we think and should be relatively easy to implement.

10 hours ago, brady said:

New type of engineer:

Call it an assault engineer:

SMG ( limited ammo load, say 5 clips)

one repair kit

4 HE charges

the rest the same

or just a pistol with say 6 clips

with the same load as the rifle equipped engineer we have now.

add a a few to the pool, say 20% of current engineers replaced by them

I've often wished the FTP options included a lower level engineer to help repair AI and build more PPOs.

Pioneer:

Rifle - like Mortars 5 clips of 5 rnds

1 or 2 repair kits. If only 1 repair kit then include 2 grenades. 2 repair kits then no grenades.

1 HE chg

Ability to place tank traps. 

I'm sure this has been suggested but if Engineers had the ability to build pontoon bridges that infantry could cross. I wouldn't cry about that. 

2 hours ago, odin67 said:

I've often wished the FTP options included a lower level engineer to help repair AI and build more PPOs.

Pioneer:

Rifle - like Mortars 5 clips of 5 rnds

1 or 2 repair kits. If only 1 repair kit then include 2 grenades. 2 repair kits then no grenades.

1 HE chg

Ability to place tank traps. 

I'm sure this has been suggested but if Engineers had the ability to build pontoon bridges that infantry could cross. I wouldn't cry about that. 

Or maybe creat a small inflatable raft, like a Kline floatsak.

Para PAK

For the Allies, The abality to get a 2 pounder into a transport, j, puts It into the plane, land and , j, puts u on the ground

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, haupt said:

You aren't taking into account the weight of the added armor.  Just a quick lookup of the 251 shows it weighed 8.5 tons, and the Sdkfz 11 was 5.6 tons. If the 11 was designed to tow 7000 pounds, add 4000 worth of armor leave 3000 for towing. Barely enough for the Pak 40. With the added ground pressure and strain on the transmission, only for emergencies.

Just so, nor indeed that of the ammunition or the crew. As for the 251/22 portee Pak40, you probably have to wonder what on earth induced them to go to so much trouble building it, when a towed Pak40 would have been so much less effort. The answer is of course that the towed Pak40 renderered the 251 virtually un-steerable off-road, and making it a portee mount improved that by bringing more weight onto the wheels at the front- but was still a grieviously overladen and over-stressed transmission. As a stop-gap late-war variant it probably made sense in that it was "better than nothing". But not much.

12 hours ago, brady said:

The abality to get a 2 pounder into a transport, j, puts It into the plane, land and , j, puts u on the ground

I cant stop laughing about this.
I'm picturing the 1st noob hearing the pilot call to the paratroops (with para CHUTES) jump jump jump!

J

Whooosh!

1 minute ago, merlin51 said:

I'm picturing the 1st noob hearing the pilot call to the paratroops (with para CHUTES) jump jump jump!

J

Whooosh!

Admittedly  this did cross my mind, it would be fun to see one fall out of the sky at least from time to time, it will be another way to use the transports, You can land them pretty much anywhere.

Part of the idea behind this thread is To stir the pot, to make simple changes that would make things feel just a little bit different but wouldn’t break the bank or break the game but just be new

1 minute ago, brady said:

Admittedly  this did cross my mind, it would be fun to see one fall out of the sky at least from time to time, it will be another way to use the transports, You can land them pretty much anywhere.

I used to do it with regular infantry, load them up land them like behind the enemy or resupply or like to get naval or air infantry to a fight and such 
never failed, someone would hit J and SPLAT!
Dont do it much any more, no one interested much i guess? We also only had a few para classes back then too.

3 hours ago, merlin51 said:

J

Whooosh!

New meaning to Death from above 

8 hours ago, Silky said:

New meaning to Death from above 

Well they do kill any ei they touch, drop them on an AB...

3 hours ago, brady said:

Well they do kill any ei they touch, drop them on an AB...

I can see it now

ATG gunner takashira!

HAI!

Today you honor your ancestors, please to cut of thumb for family rememberance

HAI! (chop)

Now please to load 2pdr on plane
(cue tora tora tora theme)

BANZAI!

[Somewhere outside of Berlin]

I say Hanz
Is that a 2 pounder falling from the sky?

I sense a willy T comic in the making
Oh @willytee

15 hours ago, merlin51 said:

I used to do it with regular infantry, load them up land them like behind the enemy or resupply or like to get naval or air infantry to a fight and such 
never failed, someone would hit J and SPLAT!
Dont do it much any more, no one interested much i guess? We also only had a few para classes back then too.

LOL  yah I fell from a JU52 as regular infantry.. however I did land in the target town which was a bonus.

Let us set a UMS in the bush, and make it harder to kill, require say two HE charges instead of the grenade.

The idea would be that it will be harder to spot thsn the conventional FMS.

idealy it would have a cameo net over it making it blend...

So the driver of the truck can choose which type he wants to deploy FMS or UMS

Edited by brady

Not that I would get to use it much but camo netting to put over ATG, AA, tanks and maybe even MSPs to help hide them from aircraft. Maybe two types for bushes and trees. Or a nice shrubbery... 

If possible I don't think it would matter if they were allowed to overlap with other objects as it would be netting.