• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malvoc

Private mission / Squad mission

17 posts in this topic

We need to bring back squad mission or have a way to make missions private unless you want everyone to see them . There has been some suspicious stuff going on where it seems like people have accounts both sides watching mission so they know where people are going and are there waiting to kill them . I wont name any names but the past few weeks seems like this has been happening regularly . Its just to easy to make a free account and see what the other side is doing.....

Malvoc out....

3 people like this

If it's the same name over and over do a dot report over and over , hopefully sooner or later someone will check it out.

31 minutes ago, dre21 said:

If it's the same name over and over do a dot report over and over , hopefully sooner or later someone will check it out.

Unfortunately it takes a matter of minutes to make a new account and get back in the game. 

It's always been like this, but the effectiveness of spying/cheating is a function of how fast the game moves. It wasn't as effective when there were four AOs per side and multiple ops going each with multiple spawns. Although it sucked sometimes there was simply too much going on. Now that the game has 2-AO prime times and 1-2 FMS for a "P1" AO taking out a single FMS, or stopping a single depot cap could easily mean that the battle is over. If a few defenders show up before the AO starts then it will be nearly impossible to even set a FMS due to the retarded build time and loud trucks.

Not to mention the newbies who show up throwing smoke, shooting their rifles, area chatting, and basically being a pain.     I have had to delete defensive FMS's for that very reason.    We have needed squad only missions for a long time.  

Edited by ratzilla
2 people like this

31 minutes ago, ratzilla said:

Not to mention the newbies who show up throwing smoke, shooting their rifles, area chatting, and basically being a pain.     I have had to delete defensive FMS's for that very reason.    We have needed squad only missions for a long time.  

Yeah, it's a double edged sword with private/squad missions. 

On one hand we want to include every new player to get them to subscribe and stay...on the other hand you want to weed out the spies and the idiots who smoke the FRU and give it away because they don't know any better. 

Before Steam I was dead set against squad/private missions.

Now, I'm not so sure, because half the time I set a FRU some greentag stands on the top of it and throws smoke and fires into the air. 

1 person likes this

I can only agree with a temporary lock.. like for 10mins only squad members could join and spawn that mission there would also had to be a limit of these missions on the map etc..

Something where mission leader can open mission publicly when fms is set and ready for attack /defense but that wont stop the greentags after mission is available lol

19 hours ago, dre21 said:

That doesn't seem to work.

And we need more squad tools and options. If you want more people subbing, its the squad they join that will get them to do it.

I play because of my squad members, not because of the game. It has always been that way for me. I kept coming back because I missed

the comradeship of the squaddies.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> So, bring back a more powerful squad initiative. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And we need to be able to climb trees again.

That doesn't work blkhwk trust me I have reported  this many times along with half the allied playerbase during that TZ .

Unfortunately I have had it happen with a long time player ( not a noob)  that decided to take lead away from me ( I set a anti tank defensive fru) but that player thought it's more important to keep the new players in town so he took it over and deleted it right away.

Then he [censored]ed at me on top of it. 

Well needless to say the tanks rolled in and we lost the town about 10 min later. Oh I had visual on 2 EFMS too but no one could spawn anymore to take them out. 

I'm all for Squad mission don't miss understand . 

It was honestly the 1st time where I wanted to reach throu the screen and punch someone. 

1 person likes this

I'll never forget a prominent EU player having an allied and axis account. One day, he led our squad (which he was a member of) in an armoured column miles from anywhere noticeable, and then blew us all up with his 88 positioned on the top of a hill! 

Found entirely to be guilty by CRS (the old CRS, not the guys today), and was amazingly allowed to keep playing. He even reached CinC.

Funny old game.

.report does work, GMs can quickly check a player for linked accounts and in seconds see if any accounts are on opposite sides

All they need is a name, if you suspect someone report it.

btw the fear and suspicion of this activity is FAR greater than the actual reality, it happens but it's kind of rare..... .report them and let CRS sort it out :)

I believe KMS on this one it is rare  and mostly paranoia but sometimes it does seem like suspicious stuff is going on. Most of the time its vet players watching ews or watching fbs with .own

Malvoc out.....

On 1/27/2018 at 8:14 AM, malvoc said:

That doesn't work blkhwk trust me I have reported  this many times along with half the allied playerbase during that TZ .

It does work. It takes time to gather evidence and make sure the accusation is correct. If you fail to .report then it does not get investigated 

On 1/2/2018 at 2:38 PM, poker said:

I'll never forget a prominent EU player having an allied and axis account. One day, he led our squad (which he was a member of) in an armoured column miles from anywhere noticeable, and then blew us all up with his 88 positioned on the top of a hill! 

Found entirely to be guilty by CRS (the old CRS, not the guys today), and was amazingly allowed to keep playing. He even reached CinC.

Funny old game.

Lol top story. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0