XOOM

1.35.11 released! [TANK BUSTERS]

26 posts in this topic

An all new type of game play has been introduced into the game as we are now releasing TANK BUSTERS to WWII Online! Fortified Mobile Spawns have some rule changes and are also now destroyable ONLY by high explosive satchels and bombs dropped from aircraft. We've also got a couple of other things relating to Tutorials and Gun Sights to address. CRS is looking for volunteer devs, check out our volunteer page here.

README: Version 1.35.11.0 - Update: (January 2018)

This Production Update serves to include yet more NEW content into World War II Online by the addition of the “Tank Buster” aircraft to all countries.

Game play related:

Fortified Mobile Spawn (FMS), UMS & Truck EWS Changes

• Fortified Mobile Spawns may now only be destroyed by:
    • Aircraft Bombs
    • High Explosive Satchels available with:
      • 1 per bolt action rifleman
      • 2 per sapper
      • 4 per engineer
  • FMS placement timer reduced from 3 minutes (180 seconds), down to 1 minute (60 seconds).
    • This change is to add more forward spawn options across the campaign
  • UMS placement timer was reduced from 90 seconds down to 60 seconds
  • Trucks that place the FMS have had their EWS range decreased to increase survivability
    • New EWS trigger range is 700 Meters, down from about 1-1.5KM
    • Trucks affected include:
      • Opel
      • Sdkfz 7
      • Sdkfz 251
      • Morris
      • Bedford
      • Laffly

Client related:

New Content: Tank Busters (available in Tier 3)

• For the Axis forces it’s the 37mm armed, Junkers Ju87-G2.
  • For the Allied forces, the British have the 40mm armed, Hawker Hurricane Mk II D. While the French receive the 37mm armed Bell mle 26 (the French version of the US P39-N).
  • The US Bell P39-N Airacobra has also been created and will be added once the USAAF is included in World War II Online in the future.
  • 5 tank busters will be available per air flag.

Enjoy!

Bug fixes:

• The following vehicles and guns have had their gunsights revised to make them more consistent with their appropriate historic counterparts: M10, M4A2, ROQF 17pdr, M5A2 3” and the M1 57mm.
  • It was found the Sapper had been mislabelled as an Engineer. This has now been corrected.
  • Player Placed Objects (PPO) have been re-examined, specifically the Fortified Mobile Spawn (FMS). The FMS can now ONLY be damaged by Aircraft Bombs and HE satchels. All other weapons will have no effect on FMS’s only. The other PPO’s are unaffected by this revision.
  • The Tutorials have now been completely revised. The Basic Armour and Fighter Tutorials have also been reintroduced.
8 people like this

haha gj XOOM 

other variables you are considering to audit regarding the FMS ?

Edited by Zebbeee

Flew the tankbusters offline. Poor, poor, poor dam tankers! Get your cap and spaa out!

Defensive guns on the stuka are cool, and well done, and no fair! ;)

Edited by biggles4

1 hour ago, Zebbeee said:

haha gj XOOM 

other variables you are considering to audit regarding the FMS ?

For now, I want to keep it here and get some results to evaluate how this will impact the game play.

Finally the Ews truck was reduce something that already was proven to be a good feature since the US truck not trigging EWS.. I still think the EWS from trucks can be remove all together or still further reduce you should plan a few interim patches to test those values.

And please implement the Ju 87D asap or at least the D3 with 1.5 ton of payload.

Edited by pbveteran

Watch out my Allied Friends...the Soviet tank killer has come to the Western Front!

Great job CRS. I might actually be able to fly something now.  

Image result for hans rudel G2

5 hours ago, pbveteran said:

I still think the EWS from trucks can be remove all together or still further reduce you should plan a few interim patches to test those values.

I would not mind trying for a campaign (with the agreement if it goes horribly wrong, we restart campaign) trying with all ground EWS disabled, possibly ship EWS?
and if possible tighten the detection range on AWS to make it a bit spotty.

It may go horribly wrong, it might be real bad on say a TZ3 low pop tuesday or something.
You'd still get all the warnings like when someone kills an AI or caps something

CRS,

I have been here a LONG time, and I will be here for a long time more.  Axis got a stuka (Dive Bomber teir 0 )with 2x 37mm ATG on the wings (LOVE IT by the way....well done) allied got on the hurri ( FIGHTER) 2x 40mm AND 303s plus and Tear 3 fighter with  .50 cal and AND 30 Cal MG 30mm ATG Nose mounts supper cobbra (tear 2 FIGHTER).  To me this is a huge let down with a lot of bias. Please re consider making the tank busters equal.

I suggest for  the Axis the DUCK or removing the MG from the allied aircraft to make it a bit more fair.

All I am trying to say is that the tank buster aircraft are great and I love em, just make it fair.

Jau

51 minutes ago, tazwp said:

To me this is a huge let down with a lot of bias. Please re consider making the tank busters equal.

53 minutes ago, tazwp said:

or removing the MG from the allied aircraft to make it a bit more fair.

I don't understand how it is bias?
The planes simply are how they were, things are not always the same.
They are ground attack units, primarily for hard targets.
All 3 are flying heavy, none should be used for ACM, you should check ACS and use CAS when necessary.

I dont think the Henschel Hs 129 would be a great swap, as i understand it, it flies kind of like a dead pig?
Gives me the impression of hunting tanks with an HE-111 almost

1 hour ago, tazwp said:

CRS,

I have been here a LONG time, and I will be here for a long time more.  Axis got a stuka (Dive Bomber teir 0 )with 2x 37mm ATG on the wings (LOVE IT by the way....well done) allied got on the hurri ( FIGHTER) 2x 40mm AND 303s plus and Tear 3 fighter with  .50 cal and AND 30 Cal MG 30mm ATG Nose mounts supper cobbra (tear 2 FIGHTER).  To me this is a huge let down with a lot of bias. Please re consider making the tank busters equal.

I suggest for  the Axis the DUCK or removing the MG from the allied aircraft to make it a bit more fair.

All I am trying to say is that the tank buster aircraft are great and I love em, just make it fair.

Jau

The Ju87 G-2 is not the same Tier 0 Ju87B. Where are the Allied buzzsaw tailguns?

As merlin said, this game is not red vs blue so not everything is going to be fully equal. We have to maintain historical accuracy and work with the vehicles and tools that we currently have. We have a lot of good vehicles in store for this year, these won't be the last.

1 person likes this

The P39 was never a tank buster, giving it AP ammo is the only stretching of the truth going on here and even that is not to big a stretch in the grand scheam of things, but given how the British are spread out over the map anyway I really don’t get the point of fictionalising the P39, why not just give it its historicaly correct HE and give the brits more Tank busting  hurricanes ?

Rank 7 to spawn a tank buster, re sub did not happen in my case.

Was tempted when the news of tankbusters were released.

How many in game has rank 7 in AF?....

6 minutes ago, Hardlead said:

has rank 7 in AF?..

What is rank 7 anyway, it’s been to long, since I paid attention ?

1 hour ago, brady said:

The P39 was never a tank buster, giving it AP ammo is the only stretching of the truth going on here and even that is not to big a stretch in the grand scheam of things, but given how the British are spread out over the map anyway I really don’t get the point of fictionalising the P39, why not just give it its historicaly correct HE and give the brits more Tank busting  hurricanes ?

Well that helps the royal air force, but doesn't do much for the FAF.

The P39 cannon had AP ammo, M80 AP
The US did not send Russia any though, only the M54 HE, and well the US did not think terribly much of the P39 VS axis planes in Europe, not quite the same as booming slow little zeros.
Now France also ordered P39's but did not stand long enough to take delivery of any.
What ammo they may have ordered or would have received, i am not sure. Or they could have have licensed to produce their own i suppose?

But its kind of the only suitable thing they could use i think?
Cant give them a P47, though they might like that, darned flying tank

59 minutes ago, brady said:

What is rank 7 anyway, it’s been to long, since I paid attention ?

Sgt 1st Class?

12 hours ago, tazwp said:

CRS,

Jau

Hs 129 wouldn't be much better.  Yes with the B3 variant you get a good 75mm gun but the plane itself was very underpowered.  Ju 87G is much better as a base AT plane variant since its performance will be closer to the hurricane.

Also the p39 won't really be busting any tanks besides light stuff like pzII.  AP on that gun was lackluster.

3 hours ago, fufubear1f said:

AP on that gun was lackluster.

As long as the ammo audit has not been released, RL performance say nothing about how easy it will brew Pz.