• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
enforcer

Sherman Firefly??? What about...

58 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, major0noob said:

SEMI exposed crew

pathetic armour

no MG

slow as hell

loud

obvious target

Pushed ATG:
more exposed crew

No armour  not even pathetic 

no MG

Much slower than hell

not loud  in fact makes no 3rd person sound at all 

obvious target

23 minutes ago, major0noob said:

lol go in game and ask the tankers if they want this. it's a waste of time and resources

It isn't a tank, so why would you ask tankers?
Ask ATG gunners and Hunters

It isn't a waste of anything since as Xoom said, they are not working on totally new objects just yet due to what is involved, hence not even being worked on.
Eventually it will be able to be done though, and pzI and FT17's and british A9 and A10 and Tetrarch's and a bunch of french AMC and AMR paper tanks.
I get that you simply wont like any of them, but others will

Don't waste your time Merlin.

Someone could drop a bag of money in front of him and he'd complain its the wrong shade of green.

1 person likes this

54 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Maybe give the Axis this

Hehe that brings back BF42 memories, Wespe vs Priest with forward observers, market garden.

(edit)
Wanted to add, the wespe would be really cool, but not yet.
Being as it would be limited to direct fire if dropped in now, it might suffer the curse of the damned as it would put in it direct retaliation
from armor and ATG's, possibly infantry. People might hate it before it got a chance to be itself.

One should have to hunt for the Wespe using air sweeps of the surrounding sectors
and it should be somewhat reliant on the info given by forward observers and those calling in the fire mission, so it can work
indirectly rather than be forced to stick its chin up.
Line of sight is not artillery's preferred forte on an armored battlefield.

But they should be some fun when the mechanics support them :) 

50 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

Don't waste your time Merlin.

Someone could drop a bag of money in front of him and he'd complain its the wrong shade of green.

don't think I've ever seen you post anything constructive or helpful in any way

eh, liked

mmmhmm

gave details on the FMS 20mm bug, the total lack of FMS's over the past 10 months, and the small arms audit request as well as the bug reports for every new gun and the LMG's flash problems

now in this thread people want the panzer1... of all the things that could be worked on: bug fixes, more marketable units, more useful units, modified units, infantry. the panzer1 is getting an inordinate amount of support. it deserves criticism

the thing was obsolete before it was built, it's the equivalent of making bi-planes with single MG's for LW

37 minutes ago, major0noob said:

now in this thread people want the panzer1

I am probably the only person mentioning the PZI/PZJI, but i in no way said ooh this should be worked on now.
I specifically said i know it wont be worked on now or any time soon, as it is both a totally new unit and it is T0, and there are lots of other things to do 1st.

Many things are "Obsolete"
PZII was obsolete also, and yet a bunch entered france during the invasion
The Flak30 was obsolete and they upgraded it to a still actually obsolete Flak38
France had bunches of AMC and AMR light tanks, which were obsolete, they even had FT17's guarding airfields and such
Britain had A9 and A10 and Tetrarch tanks which might make one think fondly of the A13's armor

They are all obsolete, until they are fighting with each other.

PzJ I is semi not obsolete, the pak38(t) gun is no laughing matter, it can hurt B1's and Matilda II's and has a 3/4 gun shield, and it gets a tiny tinker toy tank chassis to haul it around.
Everyone will not like it of course, anyone using it as a tank will probably hate it, but others will like it.

None of those things are wastes of time, it's just not their time yet